Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rage Against the Machine - Sep 4th

• 10-02-2020 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Not sure on this.....any sources?

Stradbally, Sep 4th according to

[HTML]https://tour.ratm.com[/HTML]

:eek::eek::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Electric Picnic :(

Seems an odd addition to the EP line up.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Cyrusmekon

Ah balls, just looked that up :(

Missed out so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Electric Picnic? - FOR **** SAKE

and its sold out already and all.

What a ****ing ****e place for them to play.

• Advertisement

Leeds, UK Aug 28
    Reading, UK Aug 30
    Paris, FR Sep 01
    Stradbally, Ire Sep 04
    Berlin, Ger Sep 06
    Prague, CZ Sep 08
    Krakow, PL Sep 10
    Vienna, Aus Sep 12

Can anyone tell me which of these is/isn't a festival?

I'll answer my own question...

August 28 — Leeds, UK @ Leeds Festival
    August 30 — Reading, UK @ Reading Festival
    September 1 — Paris, France @ Rock En Seine Festival
    September 4 — Stradbally Laois, Ireland @ Electric Picnic Festival
    September 6 — Berlin, Germany @ Lollapalooza Berlin Festival
    September 8 — Prague, Czech Republic @ O2 Arena
    September 10 — Krakow, Poland @ Tauron Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 7 el3ctronick

according to rage against the machine website tickets will go on sale on the 13/2. I shouldn't expect Electric picnic to release tickets for the day rage against the machine will perform right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

according to rage against the machine website tickets will go on sale on the 13/2. I shouldn't expect Electric picnic to release tickets for the day rage against the machine will perform right?

Right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hate this festival headliner stuff but suppose it's the most $$$ than a single headliner show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

This absolute bull**** . They should be playing their own gig

Berlin, krakow Czech are the only options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Fcuk it anyway

This is bull**** to the highest degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

They are playing near me (solo show) with RTJ in support but it looks like tickets will be about 135 euro after fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Electric Picnic? More like Dickhead Picnic. No thanks ratm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Lol @ you lads. Relax FFS.

"Dickhead Picnic". Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Electric Picnic? More like Dickhead Picnic. No thanks ratm.

Love that hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Im i right in saying I have to buy them from electric picnic... so 150 a head and probably more charges by time I’ve the ticket bought!?

Ratm really taking the fight to the rich here alright....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

LillySV wrote: »
    Im i right in saying I have to buy them from electric picnic... so 150 a head and probably more charges by time I’ve the ticket bought!?

More like 250 bud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Berlin, krakow Czech are the only options

Austria I think you mean Berlin is also a festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

They switched sides in that fight at least a decade ago in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's ok guys we'll let ye know how it goes.

- Dickhead picnicers

It's sold out months ago

It's sold out months ago

Well at the prices suggested, i wouldn’t have had any intention of going ... seen them up in Dublin previously ... unbelievable concert ... but I’ve too many essential things to pay for .... can’t explain those prices for a concert

It will be interesting concert I’m sure... most of the trendies who paid those Mad prices without knowing who is playing won’t have a fukin clue who RATM are

Well at the prices suggested, i wouldn’t have had any intention of going ... seen them up in Dublin previously ... unbelievable concert ... but I’ve too many essential things to pay for .... can’t explain those prices for a concert

It will be interesting concert I’m sure... most of the trendies who paid those Mad prices without knowing who is playing won’t have a fukin clue who RATM are

It's a full festival so it's pretty good value as opposed to a standalone gig. Us "trendies" are basically forced to buy the tickets early each year for the sake of the early bird prices as it sells out quickly. Yes it's a gamble but festival republic generally pull it out of the bag and throw out a lineup that (generally) has something for everyone.

I'm glad to say I do indeed have a fukin clue who RATM are, saw them at Oxegen many years ago and yeah I can't fukin wait to see them again!

endainoz wrote: »
    It's a full festival so it's pretty good value as opposed to a standalone gig. Us "trendies" are basically forced to buy the tickets early each year for the sake of the early bird prices as it sells out quickly. Yes it's a gamble but festival republic generally pull it out of the bag and throw out a lineup that (generally) has something for everyone.

I'm glad to say I do indeed have a fukin clue who RATM are, saw them at Oxegen many years ago and yeah I can't fukin wait to see them again!

Well I’m glad one of ye does!! Haha ... enjoy!!!

We'll post a vids on 'ere shure. Will only be a half-duzz of us at Dicky Picky.

• Advertisement

They switched sides in that fight at least a decade ago in fairness.

they disbanded almost a decade ago actually.. maybe you are referring to prophets of rage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

they disbanded almost a decade ago actually.. maybe you are referring to prophets of rage?

No, I was referring to RATM alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,635 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

A lot of ragin' against the festival machine in here.

No, I was referring to RATM alright.

just noticed that their tour poster (red one) is designed by Virgil Abloh.. owner of OFF WHITE who is also creative director of Luis Vuitton :lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,013 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Its a great booking for and fit for EP. They're far better as a festival band. They play short sets so its a good burst of energy for the festival. Seen them a few times, only once not a festival and that was in the Point (O2 then) in 2010 and they were fairly crap. Other times I saw them were festivals and they were great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Yeah well I saw them in the Tivoli in 1865 so I deserve a proper gig surrounded by people who know wtf is going on, knowimsayin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

most of the trendies who paid those Mad prices without knowing who is playing won’t have a fukin clue who RATM are

This is Christmas Number One RATM we are talking about? haha

Wooderson wrote: »
    We'll post a vids on 'ere shure. Will only be a half-duzz of us at Dicky Picky.

Make sure you get your daisy chain and zany facepaint in the shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Well I’m glad one of ye does!! Haha ... enjoy!!!

So there will be at least 2 of us at that set. Phew, I thought I would be on me own there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭flasher0030

That's a bit snobby. I think most people will be familiar with at least "that one song".
    I saw them back at one of the Feiles in the early '90s. Thought I was going to die when I got stuck at the bottom of a pile-up. Great fun. First album was majestic, second was alright. No idea what happened after that. Settled down with a girl, and whatever political anger I had prior to that was bet out of me by herself - replaced with "spending my time thinking of more important relationship issues".

On the tickets issue, I think it's handy enough to get tickets closer to the time on Toutless etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Bless. Another festival bashing. No snob like a music snob, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Bless. Another festival bashing. No snob like a music snob, eh?

real music fans dont go to festivals don't ya know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't know what people see in them, I don't think I would even go to the parish hall to see them. I do like rap mixing with rock but he doesn't sound like a very good rapper.

Paris on the Tuesday seems like a standalone gig as well... sort of. The festival is Friday, Saturday, and then RATM on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't know what people see in them, I don't think I would even go to the parish hall to see them. I do like rap mixing with rock but he doesn't sound like a very good rapper.

Thanks for sharing, lets add them to the list of bands you do not like but insist on posting about.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, lets add them to the list of bands you do not like but insist on posting about.

The claws are out tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

endainoz wrote: »
    The claws are out tonight!

The guy is a pain tbh... Every rock or metal gig thread he posts in just to let us know he doesn't like them, they are too hipster, they are sell outs or that he would travel to "the pale" to see them anyway etc...

We get it, he is too cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Does anyone know when exactly they'll be on sale? It says Thursday at 11 local time. Is that 11 in whatever country the gig is in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭circular flexing

xckjoo wrote: »
    Does anyone know when exactly they'll be on sale? It says Thursday at 11 local time. Is that 11 in whatever country the gig is in?

Generally it's the local time zone of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Did a quick google there+ I think they are the 1st band announced, so I assume they would be more bands of a "Rock" genre this year -which means the hipsters +influencer w@nks will be reselling their tickets on adverts soon enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Did a quick google there+ I think they are the 1st band announced, so I assume they would be more bands of a "Rock" genre this year -which means the hipsters +influencer w@nks will be reselling their tickets on adverts soon enough!
    I think your analysis is premature and a bit naive. Have you been to EP lately?

• Advertisement
Advertisement