Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

kilsmum wrote: »
    Did you use it on other Samsung phones?
    I've got it on my S10 5g and I had it on my pixel 2xl. Never had an issue with it becoming loose or looking worse for wear and always protected the phone if I let it drop. Not much bulk either. I wish they made it in a grey for my S20 plus that coming lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

Case wise you can't really go wrong with otterbox I've used them on all my previous Samsung phones and they've saved me a couple of times. My issue is the one I want 'otterbox commuter' for the s20+ isn't in UK or irl for some reason so I'd have to order from the states and it'll end up costing a bomb. The Symmetry is a good case and I have it on no current s8+ for years.

Alternatively some of the Samsung cases look pretty good too but again can't seem to order them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I've used Spigen cases on my last few phones and never had an issue with them. Dropped a few times and they've protected the phone well. Will likely get one for my S20 Ultra whenever it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

jones wrote: »
    Case wise you can't really go wrong with otterbox I've used them on all my previous Samsung phones and they've saved me a couple of times. My issue is the one I want 'otterbox commuter' for the s20+ isn't in UK or irl for some reason so I'd have to order from the states and it'll end up costing a bomb. The Symmetry is a good case and I have it on no current s8+ for years.

Alternatively some of the Samsung cases look pretty good too but again can't seem to order them yet.

Most of the official Samsung s20 series cases are now available from third party sellers....Places like mobilefun, I've ordered the LED Back cover from them for
    the s20 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I decided not to go with an Otterbox Defender for my last phone. I went with the Spigen Neo Hybrid Rugged case on my S9 Plus and the phone cracked the first time I dropped it.

I went for the Otterbox Defender for my S20 Ultra.

• Advertisement

Is anyone going for the Whitestone screen protector?
    At €70 it's steep. I had one on my S9+ and it worked really well. Didn't stop the screen from shattering when I dropped the phone though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

j14 wrote: »
    Is anyone going for the Whitestone screen protector?
    At €70 it's steep. I had one on my S9+ and it worked really well. Didn't stop the screen from shattering when I dropped the phone though!

Wonder will the fingerprint work when its installed ?

jamesd wrote: »
    Wonder will the fingerprint work when its installed ?

Yes, you have to delete any saved fingerprint off the system then put the protector on and then save your fingerprints again with the protector installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

j14 wrote:
    Is anyone going for the Whitestone screen protector? At €70 it's steep. I had one on my S9+ and it worked really well. Didn't stop the screen from shattering when I dropped the phone though!

I bought this last year and the fingerprint scanner is very hit and miss. Even with sensitively up to the max I have to really push down hard & half the time it doesn't work. I'm one of the few people who preferred the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone

Samsung UK dispatching orders for delivery tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Samsung UK dispatching orders for delivery tomorrow
    Tomorrow here, hopefully in hands Tuesday.

jogdish wrote: »
    Tomorrow here, hopefully in hands Tuesday.

I doubt I'll see my Ultra for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

My order just says processing

My order with Vodafone is saying backorder since I ordered it on the 23rd. Hope that changes over the next day or so.
    On the Vodafone website the S20 plus is not available to pre-order. "Not available online"
    On Vodafone's terms and conditions is says pre-orders will be dispatched on the 9th of March for delivery in the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭jones

Samsung in the UK are shipping it seems

Anybody hear anything about shipping from 3? Customer service just say I'll get an email when it ships but they no idea when that will be. The rep did say the release date is the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Anybody hear anything about shipping from 3? Customer service just say I'll get an email when it ships but they no idea when that will be. The rep did say the release date is the 10th.

They start shopping the 10th, if you preordered yours on the release date you should have it Wednesday.
    I ordered on the 20th, I doubt I'll have mine this week

1jcdub wrote: »
    My order with Vodafone is saying backorder since I ordered it on the 23rd. Hope that changes over the next day or so.
    On the Vodafone website the S20 plus is not available online.
    On Vodafone's terms and conditions is says pre-orders will be dispatched on the 9th of March for delivery in the 10th.

My order is on back order. Annoyed esp when I ordered it over 2 weeks ago! I'll call Vodafone today

Double post

jay28 wrote: »
    They start shopping the 10th, if you preordered yours on the release date you should have it Wednesday.
    I ordered on the 20th, I doubt I'll have mine this week

When I ordered I was told it would ship between the 6th and the 9th for delivery on the 10th.

I would have expected them to ship today at the latest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 moose52c

Ordered the S20+ using my S8 as a trade in of €250, I've a crack on the screen so its a gamble if they accept it or cut the trade value! I'll roll the dice...
    Has anybody experience with the trade in offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

When I ordered I was told it would ship between the 6th and the 9th for delivery on the 10th.

I would have expected them to ship today at the latest.

Well I hope your right!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I'm still on processing on Samsung site.

No reply to my email from them that I sent on Friday.

I guess I'll be left waiting..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Just got a notification to say my S20+ has shipped. I ordered on 14/02.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I notice on the Samsung site delivery for the S20+ is now 2nd of April

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

John_Mc wrote: »

Same order date as myself , mine is still processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just got an email to say my order has been shipped!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

No tracking number which is weird for a package worth €1,100.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,764 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

No tracking number which is weird for a package worth €1,100.

There would be one, they just haven't given it to you.

• Advertisement

Was that direct from Samsung?

Advertisement