Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options
1151617181921»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

Yeah, unless they've changed it in the last couple of years, when I was a secretary we transferred people from other counties all year round.

EDIT just checked, I'm still right. GAA.ie keeps a live transfer list of recent transfers that go between provinces or internationally, while the provincial councils keep track of transfers within a province.

Thank you
    Is their a form?
    How would I go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

C__MC wrote: »
    Thank you
    Is their a form?
    How would I go about it?

Contact the secretary of your new club, and they will be able to process the transfer online at pts.gaa.ie using their official login and password.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Lads, I'm double posting here as I put this on the other thread, delete it if it's annoying, thought this was an appropriate topic also!!

26, will be 27 this year.

Played football for the club in Tyrone from 5 the whole way up to minor. Stopped after that

Like many lads I went to Oz for a year, then america. Now living in Dublin for 2 years.

My 3 closest clubs are: St. Brigid's Castleknock/Blanch,
    St Oliver Plunkett's off Navan road, Ashtown & Cabra.
    Castleknock,
    St. Brendan's Grangegorman (a lad in work tried to get me to head out with them)
    Although I live in ashtown/royal canal park so I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs in glasnevin and finglas.
    I'm working in Ashbourne Mon-Fri as well, not sure about their club.

If there was ever a man that made excuses, and talked about going out to training - it's me!

Anyway - I've got as far as texting the Oliver Plunketts and Caastleknock coaches of the 2nd/3rd team. But I haven't went.

Training has been 9pm on Tues & Thurs nights.

I don't know what it is, keep telling myself I'm not fit enough, I've put on about 2 stone in the last few years and have a bit of a belly!.

I know the years are passing by, it's the fear of the unknown I suppose, but I don't have much of a network since moving down to dublin. I need to branch out and mix with other lads and stop clinging onto the 3/4 northerners I know,

To be brutally honest, it's the coming home from work after a long day, pissing rain, knowing that you've to get up again and head over to a pitch after 7:30/8pm at night.

Apologies for the rant!! I just need a good kick up the hole. It's been on my mind for a long time. I went as far as driving to training one night a couple of weeks ago, and turned round when I got there out of pure fear and oddness.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Lads, I'm double posting here as I put this on the other thread, delete it if it's annoying, thought this was an appropriate topic also!!

26, will be 27 this year.

Played football for the club in Tyrone from 5 the whole way up to minor. Stopped after that

Like many lads I went to Oz for a year, then america. Now living in Dublin for 2 years.

My 3 closest clubs are: St. Brigid's Castleknock/Blanch,
    St Oliver Plunkett's off Navan road, Ashtown & Cabra.
    Castleknock,
    St. Brendan's Grangegorman (a lad in work tried to get me to head out with them)
    Although I live in ashtown/royal canal park so I'm sure there are plenty of other clubs in glasnevin and finglas.
    I'm working in Ashbourne Mon-Fri as well, not sure about their club.

If there was ever a man that made excuses, and talked about going out to training - it's me!

Anyway - I've got as far as texting the Oliver Plunketts and Caastleknock coaches of the 2nd/3rd team. But I haven't went.

Training has been 9pm on Tues & Thurs nights.

I don't know what it is, keep telling myself I'm not fit enough, I've put on about 2 stone in the last few years and have a bit of a belly!.

I know the years are passing by, it's the fear of the unknown I suppose, but I don't have much of a network since moving down to dublin. I need to branch out and mix with other lads and stop clinging onto the 3/4 northerners I know,

To be brutally honest, it's the coming home from work after a long day, pissing rain, knowing that you've to get up again and head over to a pitch after 7:30/8pm at night.

Apologies for the rant!! I just need a good kick up the hole. It's been on my mind for a long time. I went as far as driving to training one night a couple of weeks ago, and turned round when I got there out of pure fear and oddness.

Get in contact with person taking the training or manager of team where you are going training. Make sure he is there the 1st night you join in and he should introduce you to the group, you'll not be first player to join that team. Every team eager to get new blood in and shake up the status quo.

We had lads turn up and could barely run or kick a ball as out of football for long stretch and end up being important players for the team as stuck with it. Great way to meet new people and get back in shape.

Make sure you go and don't fall at first hurdle ie. 1 session and done. Motivate yourself, eat a bit better, set realistic targets regarding fitness and don't allow setbacks deter you from achieving your goals.

Best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Thanks a mill! Just a message like that and a few others I've gotten privately have encouraged me to pick up the phone to head out tonight it. Appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 RomeluFellaini

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! Just a message like that and a few others I've gotten privately have encouraged me to pick up the phone to head out tonight it. Appreciate it :)

I'm living in the same area myself. Who did you join in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 failer

Innisfails
    Balgriffin
    Football
    Division 6
    Reply here or privately message me for more details.

Small club in North Dublin are looking for new players in advance of the 2021 season. If you've recently moved to Dublin or haven't played in a while and looking to get back into it then drop us an email for more information. Top class pitches and facilities and social side to the club if that's an important element to deciding to contact us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2021

Club Name:St James Gaels/An Caislean
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played: (Junior A Championship/Division 7 League) (Junior D Championship/Division 11 South League)

Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are looking for looking new players for our Division 11 team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlite pitch, astro pitch and floodlite training area .

We will be starting training in early January and will train at least one night a week in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road. We are targeting players who haven’t played in a few years and who are looking to get back into football. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October. Games are usually Thursday evenings or Sunday afternoons. We will have plenty challenge games in between league games. We also have Divison 7 for anyone looking to play at a higher grade.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J. We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com, axelf82@hotmail.com or PM myself

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Pre -Season will commence in January

Junior B contact
    cillianfoley@hotmail.com Killian

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dair_ghaelach

Looking to join hurling team, 25, played junior B in Galway last year. Located in Terenure so if any teams trained in Bushy Park/UCD or similar would be ideal. Not looking for anything serious, training 1-2 times a week

• Registered Users Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Looking to join hurling team, 25, played junior B in Galway last year. Located in Terenure so if any teams trained in Bushy Park/UCD or similar would be ideal. Not looking for anything serious, training 1-2 times a week

Realt Dearg play in drimnagh but traditionally would be based in terenure. Have a junior A team and a Junior E team (I think, I haven't been involved directly in the club in a few years). Can definitely say it's a great club to be a part of! Contact anyone on the committee, email details at realtdearg.ie

• Advertisement

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2021

Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played: (Junior A Championship/Division 7 League) (Junior D Championship/Division 11 South League)

Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are looking for looking new players for our Division 11 team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlite pitch, astro pitch and floodlite training area .

We will be starting training in early January and will train at least one night a week in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road. We are targeting players who haven’t played in a few years and who are looking to get back into football. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October. Games are usually Thursday evenings or Sunday afternoons. We will have plenty challenge games in between league games. We also have Divison 7 for anyone looking to play at a higher grade.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J. We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com, axelf82@hotmail.com or PM myself

Junior B contact
    cillianfoley@hotmail.com Killian

Pre -Season will commence tonight

St James Gaels/An Caislean have set up hurling team this year. We are in bottom Division. Also train in Drimnagh Castle school.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Realt Dearg play in drimnagh but traditionally would be based in terenure. Have a junior A team and a Junior E team (I think, I haven't been involved directly in the club in a few years). Can definitely say it's a great club to be a part of! Contact anyone on the committee, email details at realtdearg.ie

Jude's and Faugh's are only up the road in Templeogue. They have numerous teams, might be worth a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Piltown LGFA

Looking for players at all underage grades , especially U16 and Minor.

Piltownlgfa@gmail.com

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

Hi. Looking for hurling or football team. 42, unfit bloke, haven't played since I was 17 so really a beginner so a team that accepts that level. Live in Artane. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭moghrasa

Well folks, hope ye all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to getting out onto the field in the new year! To that end, I finally want to bite the bullet. I've been a life long fan of Gaelic football but I've never actually played at a club (only dabbled a bit at school and no more). I've moved up to Dublin from the country and it seems like a good way to kill two birds with one stone in that it'll be great for fitness and also for getting to know people in the area.

Only question left for me is how do you go about doing it? I've only just moved to Stoneybatter there before Christmas and wouldn't know many in the area just yet.

Is it best to just land down to whatever club you're? Do ye ring them? Facebook message? Or do ye just find someone who's already in the club and ask can I tag along with ye? I don't really mind at all what way to go about it, I'm only asking as I'd prefer not to look like a tit.

Any and all advice very welcome!

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2023

Code (football): Gaelic Football/Hurling

Level played: Football (Junior A Championship/Division 6 League) (Junior D Championship/Division 11 South League)

Hurling (Junior A Championship/Division 6 League) (Junior G Championship/Division 10 South League)

***Last year our footballers gained promotion to AFL6*

***We set up a hurling team in 2020 and last year won the Junior H Championship***

Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com

Any other info: St James Gaels are looking for looking new players for our Division 11 team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.

We will be starting training in early January and will train at least one night a week in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road. We are targeting players who haven’t played in a few years and who are looking to get back into football. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October. Games are usually Thursday evenings or Sunday afternoons. We will have plenty challenge games in between league games. We also have Divison 6 for anyone looking to play at a higher grade.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be grand J. We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.comaxelf82@hotmail.com or PM myself

Advertisement