Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Anybody from in or around the Dublin 10 area looking to play Gaa , or even train with our team can contact pauly on 0862189173

And what team is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Paulyobrien

Anybody from in or around the Dublin 10 area looking to play Gaa , or even train with our team can contact pauly on 0862189173

Ballyfermot DLS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels/An Caislean have 2 teams and always looking for new players. We are located in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd 10/15 drive from city centre Our Junior A team plays in Division 7 and Junior B is Division 11. Training is Tuesday and Friday evenings @7-15 and Sunday morning@10-30 in Iveagh Grounds.

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Hi all,

St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys are a junior hurling and football club based in Dublin city centre. Our clubhouse is around the corner from Connolly station and we play our matches in Fairview Park.
    We won the Junior F hurling championship in 2016. Very relaxed and welcoming atmosphere, and we're always looking for new players.
    For anyone living or working in the city centre we're ideally located.
    Get in touch - rokeeffe10@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 31 damo003

Looking for a Junior A/Junior B football team in around Limerick City/Annacotty area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Brianmcw84

Looking for players 16 years up looking to play inner city, dolphins barn or can commute. Adult gaa football div 9, lads who want to get serious or get out for a run. Nothing discriminated against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BronzeBeardie

Hello, 21 Year old looking for a Gaelic Football team in Wexford

I'm twenty years old and looking to get into football or Hurling, but I'm an absolute beginner.

Would it be best for me to train alone until I get the basics down or does anyone know any clubs in the city center or around the Clondalkin, Tallaght , Ballyfermot, Crumlin, area which could facilitate?

Any of the clubs around there should want you and if they don't, realt dearg in drimnagh will happily welcome you in. Don't worry about being a beginner, plenty of lads who never played before have come through the club before and done well for themselves at it.
    Contact details available on realtdearg.com

Any of the clubs around there should want you and if they don't, realt dearg in drimnagh will happily welcome you in. Don't worry about being a beginner, plenty of lads who never played before have come through the club before and done well for themselves at it.

Are Réalt Dearg permanently in Drimnagh? Says on the website they train in Stepaside.

• Advertisement

Are Réalt Dearg permanently in Drimnagh? Says on the website they train in Stepaside.
    They train in stepaside to get use of the floodlights in winter but move to drimnagh Castle once the evenings brighten up. That's also where they play their home matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kaneo71

Hey guys,
    24 year old who will be moving to Kilmainham soon enough. Played junior football in Wicklow for the past 3 years but have to move due to work and other commitments so will need to transfer.
    Any junior football clubs around Kilmainham willing to take on a 5'6 half back? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Looking to join a football club next year, somewhere in south Dublin around the dun laoighire or Sandford areas. Would be hoping for a junior club looking for new members, can anyone make any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

jdooley28 wrote: »
    Looking to join a football club next year, somewhere in south Dublin around the dun laoighire or Sandford areas. Would be hoping for a junior club looking for new members, can anyone make any recommendations?

Geraldines P Morans GAA Club in Cornelscourt

Hi there, Gers are a junior club based in Cornelscourt next door to Dunnes Stores on the N11.

Also have a 2nd adult team who started out this year. If you have any questions just ask away.

Lads a mix of locals and country bucks, they are a good group and very welcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

jdooley28 wrote: »

You've also got Naomh Olaf who are based in Sandyford.

St James Gaels/An Caislean have 2 teams and always looking for new players. We are located in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd 10/15 drive from city centre Our Junior A team plays in Division 7 and Junior B is Division 11. Training will commence early January in Iveagh Grounds.

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact or email aaronirl@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sheepo

Hi all

St. Joseph's/O'Connell Boys are a junior hurling and football club based in Dublin 1. We play our home matches in Fairview Park.

The club is going through a bit of an uplift at the moment, with a gym currently being installed in our newly refurbished clubhouse near Connolly Station, and our hurlers have picked up 2 county medals in a row, having won the Junior F championship last year and Junior E this year.

We have a good mix of Dubs and country lads who are living and/or working in the city centre. Training schedule would not be considered hectic ;)

We welcome players of any level of ability, hurling or football, we're a tiny club and are always delighted to get new players. If you're interested drop me a line at rokeeffe10@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1 WellBois90

i am wondering about going to america for the summer to play hurling/football/rugby and have a county championship in football wondering wheather any clubs around New York/ Conuict would be looking for players or be able to get me a job

Kaneo71 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    24 year old who will be moving to Kilmainham soon enough. Played junior football in Wicklow for the past 3 years but have to move due to work and other commitments so will need to transfer.
    Any junior football clubs around Kilmainham willing to take on a 5'6 half back? :D

10 minutes from Kilmainham

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2018
    St James Gaels/An Caislean have 2 teams and always looking for new players. We are located in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd 10/15 drive from city centre Our Junior A team plays in Division 7 and Junior B is Division 11. Training will commence early January in Iveagh Grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 daithideb

Bíonn Na Gaeil Óga, cumann lán-Gaeilge BÁC i gconaí sa thóir ar imreoirí nua. Bunaíodh an chlub i 2010 agus tá sé ar ceann dona cumann spóirt is mó fás in Éirinn faoi latháir le breis is 400 baill ann faoi latháir.

Tá an peil agus iomáint ag dul ó neart go neart sa chlub. Tá na peileadóirí tar éis 5 ardú céime a fháil le 6 bliain anuas. Tá na hiomanaithe tar éis dhá ardú céime as a chéile a bhaint amach.

Tá meascán iontach d'imreoirí leis an chlub ó thaobh caighdéan Gaeilge & caighdéan spóirt. Le gach rud idir iar-imreoirí idir-chontae go Méiriceannaigh ag imirt linn.

Tá deis iontach ag imreoirí CLG cuir le fás Na Gaeil Óga agus iad i gcónaí ag cuartú imreoirí nua, is féidir tuilleadh eolas a fháil faoi na foirne iomána, peile (ban agus fear), camógaíochta a fháil tríd r-post a chuir ag cumannclg(at)gmail.com

Na Gaeil Óga, Dublin's only Irish speaking GAA club is always on the look out for new members. The club was founded in 2010 and has rapidly become one of Ireland's fastest growing sports clubs with 400 members currently.

Hurling and football are going from strength to strength at the moment. The adult footballers have been promoted 5 of the last 6 years. While the hurlers have also been promoted the last two years in a row.

There is a great mix in the club with all levels of Irish speakers and players welcome, we currently have everything from former inter-county teams to Americans!

If you're looking for a different challenge Na Gaeil Óga is the perfect place for you, you can get more information about the hurling, football (men's & ladies) and camógie teams by sending an email to cumannclg(at)gmail.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 cunnine3

Hey, St Brendan's would be delighted if you gave us a shout. Not too far away from you. We play beside the Garda boat club on the chapelizod road. www.stbrendansgaa.org

cunnine3 wrote: »
    Hey, St Brendan's would be delighted if you gave us a shout. Not too far away from you. We play beside the Garda boat club on the chapelizod road. www.stbrendansgaa.org
    Fair play to ye for making a go of that pitch, played hurling against na gaeil oga there a few years before ye took it over (their clubs first hurling match) and it was in bad shape. It's a lovely spot for a field, delighted to see it in regular use by a good bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bobby crush

Hi lads,

I`m involved with a Junior Hurling and football Club in Cork City named Lough Rovers H&F Club.

We are based on the Bandon Road/Lough Road area near UCC.Our home games are on the straight road n the city.

We compete at Junior B grade in both codes and are quite competitive particularly in Hurling.

As for player welfare there isn`t many clubs in the country who could rival ours.

We`re always looking for new blood and are very welcoming.There`s lads from all over playing with us.

If interested contact me @ 0857609013

Gael85 wrote: »
    10 minutes from Kilmainham

St James Gaels/An Caislean 2018

St James Gaels back training Sunday morning at 11 in Iveagh Grounds.

Are you thinking of joining a Ladies Gaelic Football Club in Dublin, St Brendan's Ladies Gaelic Football Club could be the club for you.
    We are based at Longmeadows on the Chapelizod Road beside the Garda Boat Club.
    St Brendan's is is a club with members from Dublin, all over Ireland and all over the world.
    Come along give us a try, you won't regret it.
    http://www.stbrendansgaa.org/?p=1647

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Sgro

Hi all,
    Am strongly considering joining my local GAA club again after recently finishing university and not being involved with any sports teams, looking to get back into a team sport.
    I have essentially no experience, played for 2 years when very very young but nothing since then. Currently aged 24. Just wondering if anyone can explain the whole grading/league system to me?
    Junior B/C etc are divisions or how does it work?

Sgro wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Am strongly considering joining my local GAA club again after recently finishing university and not being involved with any sports teams, looking to get back into a team sport.
    I have essentially no experience, played for 2 years when very very young but nothing since then. Currently aged 24. Just wondering if anyone can explain the whole grading/league system to me?
    Junior B/C etc are divisions or how does it work?
    Depends what county you're in, but wherever it is you'll be looking for a club playing the lowest division or somewhere close to it. Some counties have a junior B but some will go forget, Dublin goes as far as Junior F

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Headdehball

Is it too late to join football club in Dublin !? Just moved and looking for junior standard Dublin 7 area!

Is it too late to join football club in Dublin !? Just moved and looking for junior standard Dublin 7 area!

In Dublin7 you could give St Brendan's a try. The contact details are on their website www.stbrendansgaa.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 TheSprocketCo

Hi all,

I've just moved to Dun Laoghaire and looking to get back into hurling somewhere local (I don't drive - limited to cycling distance, etc).

Haven't played since I was a kid so I'm fairly $hite, and really haven't a clue about how I even go about joining a club tbh.

Any suggestions on local clubs where I won't be embarrassingly pathetic? :pac:

I know Cuala are down the road but that seems fairly intimidating?

Any ideas?

Advertisement