Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 snowballmc

newportlad wrote: »
    Club Name:St Joseph's OCB (O'Connell Boy's)
    Location: Fairview Park, Dublin 3 / Commons Street, IFSC, Dublin 1
    Code: Football / Hurling
    Level played: Junior - Football Division 8, Hurling Division 8
    Contact

Football: Justin (085-7851340)
    Hurling: Seamus (087-9947468)

Facebook:

We commence pre season training this Thursday (16th Jan) and we are inviting new members to join our club.

Very friendly club, most of our members are from Dublin but we also have a good spread of players from other parts of the country.

Training is based in Commons Street on Astro pitch and Fairview Park from 7pm-8:15pm

@newportlad

Living in East Wall, moved up from Mayo for work. Would be interested in joining St. Josephs/OCB for the coming season.

Carrying an extra stone/stone and a half but I'd shift it in a month training properly.. Was a decent FUll Forward on club scene until work'/weight took over.

Would you keep me informed as to when training will commence?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG

Phone Number : 01 6854327

Address : Glen Ellan Road, Holybanks, Balheary, Swords, Co. Dublin

Description : Last year we won the Junior E Football Championship & finished 2nd in Division 10 North. Our Adult Training will resume in early Janunary & times will be listed on our Facebook page. If you are interested in joining our Adult Team please contact Mick Ryan Adult Team manager.

Adult Football :

Contact Number : 086-1067145

Adult Team Sponsor : WK Waste and Skip Hire

Club Colours : Navy & Amber

Location : We’re located on the Glen Ellan Road, just off the Balheary Road opposite Swords Business Campus.

Public Transport : 41c – Stop coming from Town is directly outside our Clubhouse, stop going to Town is just across the road from our Clubhouse.

Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Dog Training & Bird shows.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG

Phone Number : 01 6854327

Address : Glen Ellan Road, Holybanks, Balheary, Swords, Co. Dublin

Description : Last year we won the Junior E Football Championship & finished 2nd in Division 10 North. Our Adult Training will resume in early Janunary & times will be listed on our Facebook page. If you are interested in joining our Adult Team please contact Mick Ryan Adult Team manager.

Adult Football - Contact : Mick Ryan Team Manager

Contact Number : 086-1067145

Adult Team Sponsor : WK Waste and Skip Hire

Club Colours : Navy & Amber

Location : We’re located on the Glen Ellan Road, just off the Balheary Road opposite Swords Business Campus.

Public Transport : 41c – Stop coming from Town is directly outside our Clubhouse, stop going to Town is just across the road from our Clubhouse.

Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Dog Training & Bird shows.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

26 year old galway defender. Haven't played in a while due to weekend work. Looking for club in Dublin for the new season. Primarily played cornerback halfback. Carrying weight but will have it off by end of January. Occasional forward but in creator role and man marking roving defenders.

Club in galway was junior/intermediate level. Looking for junior at the moment as not sure of level. Living in ringsend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Gael85

26 year old galway defender. Haven't played in a while due to weekend work. Looking for club in Dublin for the new season. Primarily played cornerback halfback. Carrying weight but will have it off by end of January. Occasional forward but in creator role and man marking roving defenders.

Club in galway was junior/intermediate level. Looking for junior at the moment as not sure of level. Living in ringsend.

St James Gaels looking for new players.Based in crumlin 10 mins from city centre.We have kick around on Monday nights on Astro for the moment.if need more info pm me or mail axelf82@hotmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

snowballmc wrote: »
    @newportlad

Living in East Wall, moved up from Mayo for work. Would be interested in joining St. Josephs/OCB for the coming season.

Carrying an extra stone/stone and a half but I'd shift it in a month training properly.. Was a decent FUll Forward on club scene until work'/weight took over.

Would you keep me informed as to when training will commence?

@snowballmc

Only just see your post now, apologies for that, haven't been on this for a good while.

You would be more then welcome to join us so hopefully you are still available to play??

We begin training at 7pm on the 15th of January (Thursday) on the All weather pitch in Commons street Dublin 1, matches will be towards the end of January or early February.

Would be great to have you on board, could you PM me your mobile and I can add you to our text alerts or alternatively if you have Whatsapp I can add you to our group.

Thanks for getting in touch and hopefully see you in January!

Michael

St James Gaels 2015
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Code (football): Gaelic Football
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League)
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes drive from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlit pitch, astro pitch and floodlit training area .

Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year and gain promotion next season in their respective leagues. We will be starting training in early January(Wednesday 7th January) and train Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road and Sunday mornings when have no game. While both teams usually train together The Junior A lads will train at least twice a week and Junior B at least once a week. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal,Sligo,Down& Antrim. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be flying J.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com

http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact

https://www.facebook.com/StJamesGaels
    http://www.stjamesgaels.com/home/club-shop

Pre -Season will commence in January

Junior A contact
    aaronirl@hotmail.com Aaron
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scarftoon

Any suggestions on camogie clubs at junior level in the dublin 7 or 9 area? Interested in joining for this upcoming season

Thanks

Gael85 wrote: »
    St James Gaels 2015
    Location:Iveagh Grounds,Crumlin Road/Drimnagh Castle School Long Mile Road.Areas recruit from:Walkinstown,Drimnagh,Crumlin,DolphinsBarn,Kimmage,Harold Cross,The Liberties,Kilmainham,Bluebell,Islandbridge,Inchicore
    Level played:Junior A(Junior A Championship/Division 6 League),Junior B(Junior D Championship/Division 10 South League)
    Any other info: St James Gaels are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes drive from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact
    27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.
    We have excellent floodlight playing/training facilities- floodlit pitch, astro pitch and floodlit training area .

Both Junior teams are looking to progress a step further next year and gain promotion next season in their respective leagues. We will be starting training in early January(Wednesday 7th January) and train Monday and Wednesday nights in Iveagh Grounds Crumlin Road and Sunday mornings when have no game. While both teams usually train together The Junior A lads will train at least twice a week and Junior B at least once a week. The season starts in February and usually finishes up in October.

We have a mix of players of youth and experience of players from the area and we also have players from all over the country Kerry, Laois,Cork,Mayo,Galway,Clare,Donegal,Sligo,Down& Antrim. All are welcome to join and don’t worry if haven’t played for a few years as with a few training sessions you will be flying J.
    We also enjoy and organise many social events/fundraisers throughout the year(including end of season trip) so all welcome to play or even train. For more info please contact email: info@stjamesgaels.com

Junior A contact
    Junior B contact
    axelf82@hotmail.com Aidan

Pre-season training starts Wednesday @7-30

• Registered Users Posts: 5 etfh

Hi boards,

If any adult players (17+) in Dublin are looking to join / just train with a city-centre based Hurling team please feel free to message me. Club (Kevins HC) is based in Southside Dublin city, Harolds Cross / Dolphins barn area.

Senior and Junior Hurling teams. Regular trainings and matches. Newcomers always welcome (even country boys like myself!)!

Cheers,
    E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Moved to Dublin from Donegal in September I play for an Intermediate football club in Donegal. I'm looking for a club to train with during the week and the weekends I can't make it home.

I'm living in Sandyford right beside the Luas and I'd be more than willing to travel.

Moved to Dublin from Donegal in September I play for an Intermediate football club in Donegal. I'm looking for a club to train with during the week and the weekends I can't make it home.

I'm living in Sandyford right beside the Luas and I'd be more than willing to travel.

Your welcome to train with St James Gaels.Were based in Iveagh Grounds in Crumlin and starting training tomorrow night. if need more info contact me @ axelf82@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Foxrock Geraldine Moran's GAA Club back training next Tuesday the 13th.

After 2 successive promotions we go back bit later than normal as promotion play-offs have extended our last 2 seasons into winter!!

All welcome to join us as we start up again...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭westsidestory

Foxrock Geraldine P. Moran's GAA Club back training next Tuesday the 13th.

After 2 successive promotions we go back bit later than normal as promotion play-offs have extended our last 2 seasons into winter!!

All welcome to join us as we start up again...

PM with enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

If anyone is interested in adult hurling in the Ranelagh, Rathmines, Terenure, Kimmage etc etc areathis year, Realt Dearg are actively seeking new recruits.

The club now has THREE teams, having set up a third team last year. The club is one of the youngest in the county, having been set up just five years ago. In 2014, along with expanding to a third team, our A team won its first trophy, topping Division 7 of the league and gaining promotion to 6. This team also narrowly missed out on a place in the Junior D final, a situation we'll be seeking to rectify this year.

The club has a place for players of any ability, and we have experience ranging from senior club players right down to absolute beginners (we also have traditionally had some international contingent, with players from Canada, France, and Germany fielding for us at one time or another), and ranging in age from early twenties to forties.

Here is an account of the first year of the third team that might give some idea of the kind of club we are.

If you are interested, check out our website, http://realtdearg.ie/, and email realtdearg.hurlingclub@gmail.com to make some enquiries. We will start training on 9th February in Stepaside (at this time of year we play under lights, so have to go here until the hour changes).

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭SeanJ09

Living in Donnybrook, anyone know of any football teams( of lower level) struggling for numbers down that side?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

SeanJ09 wrote: »
    Living in Donnybrook, anyone know of any football teams( of lower level) struggling for numbers down that side?

Hi sean - we're up the road in cabinteely - division 11 and always looking for playera. A few lads live down your neck of the woods so lifts are there if you need them. Pm me if you're up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Hey folks,

Not technically a club here! Well, not at all. Just wondering if any clubs about the Dublin region are looking for a sports therapist to work with them during match days etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 nedjordan

hi, living in south dublin, looking to join football club for this year, looking for a fairly low standard league thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Living in cork city and looking to join a camogie team to train with when I can't get home to my own club (offaly) training during the year. any level will do me it's just for fitness and keep first touch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Living in cork city and looking to join a camogie team to train with when I can't get home to my own club (offaly) training during the year. any level will do me it's just for fitness and keep first touch

Which part of Cork city are you? North or south?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

nedjordan wrote: »
    hi, living in south dublin, looking to join football club for this year, looking for a fairly low standard league thanks

You've loads of options. Where are you living?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 wanderers ballyboden

Hi
    I just sent you a private message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Which part of Cork city are you? North or south?

South (Wilton area)

hardybuck wrote: »
    You've loads of options. Where are you living?

living in crumlin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

living in crumlin

The most obvious option would be Crumlin. They've a Junior team playing in Div 9 of the league, and a team who play intermediate championship and Div 5 of the leagues. That would allow you to start in a low league and step up if you can/need/want to.

living in crumlin

St James Gaels 2015
    Any other info: St James Gaels are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club.We have 2 progressing adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior B team. We are based southside in Crumlin in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 10 minutes drive from city centre.http://www.stjamesgaels.com/contact 27,56a,77a,151 buses directly pass the pitch. Also 17,18,121,122,123,150 buses go near the pitch as well. The Luas is a 10 minute walk from the pitch.

Junior A contact
    Junior B contact
    killianfoley@outlook.com Killian

thank you v much for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RTT

Hi lads.
    Tyrrelstownn GAA club, in Dublin 15 is currently looking for new adult gaelic football players for our mens team.
    We train on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 9pm in The hall in Tyrrelstown. We just got our own pitch last year and will move outdoors when the evenings get brighter.
    If you are looking to get back playing after a few years out or would like to give Gaelic football a go for the first time then send me a pm.
    They're a great bunch of lads and its a bit of craic. We meet up for a few pints and sambos after the games so the social side of it is good too.
    Now that the weather is improving it's great to have a run around in the evenings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Club Name:Eire Og Ottawa Hurling Club
    Areas recruit from: Ottawa and surrounding areas.
    Code: Hurling(mixed gender teams are entered in many tournaments)
    Level played: Eastern Canadian Championship, regular challenge games with Montreal, also upcoming tournaments in Syracuse and Montreal.
    Contact details: ottawahurling@gmail.com www.eireogottawahurlingclub.com
    Any other info: All levels are welcome, we have many beginners and are happy to teach you the basics. We have the full range of talents from 1st timers to guys putting side lines over the bar. We train one to three times a week depending on the time of year, hopefully increasing to three soon as the evenings get longer. Guys and girls hurl together as not enough for a camogie team. Mixed teams are allowed in many tournaments. Great social side also a plus!

Feel free to email our club email or PM for more details!

Advertisement