Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chit chat number nein

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

What a day to be a kildare man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,974 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

What a day to be a kildare man

I always taught when the game was in Newbridge that Kildare had a great chance. I said it during the week to a few lads that if Kildare stuck with Mayo and were withing 2-3 points with 10 minutes to go that they would win. Mayo had lost Parsons and Seamus O Se. I felt that Aidan O Se would be jacked with 15-20 minutes to go especially with the heat. I did not see the game and was unable to listen to it on radio. But I imagine that midfield was the key to there success

While Kildare had a poor Leinster championship and picked up no points in the League. The only lost to Monoghan, Tyrone and Donegal by 1-2 points. they had 4 away games in the League I think and Tyrone and Monoghan were two of them. When Kerrys' form started to dip in the League they had to go down to play them but lost by 5 points and they had to go to Salthill where they lost again by about 5 points to Galway.

The Super 8's if they make it may well bring them on . CON is not a bad coach just had a poor run of luck since he took them over. They will not fear any of the for provincal losers. While they might struggle in the S8's I do not think they will be steamrolled either, Kerry and Dublin are the only teams that they would fear there if they get there.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Well that’s that done. 26.2 miles yesterday in serious heat. Just managed to get under the four hour target. Body is feeling battered and bruised today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Is this a patron saint or just a weird statue?
    Photo courtesy of my brother in Manila :D

Might be Saint Isidor the farmer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Is this a patron saint or just a weird statue?
    Photo courtesy of my brother in Manila :D

Might be Saint Isidor the farmer I think.
    I wonder what the significant of the cut on his leg is.

Base price wrote: »
    I wonder what the significant of the cut on his leg is.

Thats confusing me too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,353 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Thats confusing me too!
    I think he is St. Roque/St. Rocco - patron saint of dogs - according to wikipedia.

Base price wrote: »
    I think he is St. Roque/St. Rocco - patron saint of dogs - according to wikipedia.

That's it!!!! Thank you! Would have been annoying me til i found out for sure:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Thats confusing me too!

The dog has a chunk of his leg in it's mouth. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's a mosquito bite

• Advertisement

Fella in the lake beside me is after breaking his leg off a jetski. Ambulance on the way. Might stop some of the tosspots at least. There's a swan with six cygnets on that lake and i dread to think of them being hit. If he'd have asked anyone we would have told him it's a very shallow lake and not suitable for it at all but noooooooo, they know best. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭Grueller

Cork fans behind the goal in Thurles are some knob jockeys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I went to have a snooze there and when I pulled back the blankets there was a small lizard on the pillow! The youngest lad is always playing tricks with his plastic lizards so I picked him up but he wriggled like mad, I thought this is the most lifelike one yet. Dropped it on the floor and he scurried under the bed, it was a real one.
    Can't find him now , I suppose that's what we get for leaving the doors open all day for the last couple of weeks

Bullocks wrote: »
    I went to have a snooze there and when I pulled back the blankets there was a small lizard on the pillow! The youngest lad is always playing tricks with his plastic lizards so I picked him up but he wriggled like mad, I thought this is the most lifelike one yet. Dropped it on the floor and he scurried under the bed, it was a real one.
    Can't find him now , I suppose that's what we get for leaving the doors open all day for the last couple of weeks

You should have licked him, got the cure of the burn!!
    Helicopter arrived here to take the chappie away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,483 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Our lads was it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The common lizard
    Earc luachra in Irish or as one woman I know refers to them as a Oscar rooker.

Reggie. wrote: »
    Our lads was it

Was indeed, came from Athlone. Dog took her one and only chance to chase a helicopter :pac:

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg

Was indeed, came from Athlone. Dog took her one and only chance to chase a helicopter :pac:

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg
    Delighted with herself

Delighted with herself

Best day ever for Pip!:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg

Air corps helicopter for a broken leg off a jet ski in shallow water. :rolleyes:

Air corps helicopter for a broken leg off a jet ski in shallow water. :rolleyes:

It happens

It happens

Ambulance was there as well. I dunno why the helicopter was too tbh. But i guess they have their reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Where do you get them from?

Ambulance was there as well. I dunno why the helicopter was too tbh. But i guess they have their reasons!

It's to do with access and speed to hospital. God only knows what condition the patient was in or was the ambulance needed elsewhere. Patient could be in Dublin hospital now

It's to do with access and speed to hospital. God only knows what condition the patient was in or was the ambulance needed elsewhere. Patient could be in Dublin hospital now

Gone to sligo. He looked alright, was alert, talking and complaining about his leg. One of the EMTs is from just beside the lake.

• Advertisement

Ah sure they'd be afraid of a broken neck especially at high speed on water.
    Someone else made the call for the heli on the ground.

You know there's something wrong with you when you're ignoring the helicopter in the picture and are fixated with the grass. :(:D

Edit: Lh's post above explains it.

Gone to sligo. He looked alright, was alert, talking and complaining about his leg. One of the EMTs is from just beside the lake.

Was he a tourist?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was he a tourist?

No, came from Drumlish road so either there or Longford. Eastern European though.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Ah here..if its only a broken leg..thats a bit much..bro came off a quad once...broke his ankle... we carried him to the car and horsed him.

I can only say what i seen and heard! Maybe the bang on the head meant they were being safe rather than sorry. Anyway, am off to bring in bales on my lovely Massey now :D

• Advertisement

Ard_MC wrote: »
    Ah here..if its only a broken leg..thats a bit much..bro came off a quad once...broke his ankle... we carried him to the car and horsed him.

There wasn't an emt on the ground to assess your brother's condition and make a judgement call though.

There's often been people walking around that have broken their neck too. Gone home went to bed. Woke up paralysed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Sometimes they will use a not so critical incident as training, seen it done near here before and it was for a broken leg too.

Another good world Cup game earlier. Spain out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Ard_MC wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

Wherever you're from, for your brother's sake I hope that means something entirely different to what it means here!

If not, I suppose it took his mind off the broken ankle... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

DhB-Z8CW0AAXOAG.jpg

DhB_Sp1WsAA3ZQV.jpg
    I often wonder what they'd do if they ever caught one:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ya reckon? Spain are a bad team to watch usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭I says

Ya reckon? Spain are a bad team to watch usually.

She is a bitter liversh1te suppporter

I says wrote: »
    She is a bitter liversh1te suppporter

Aye. Indeed. Always good to watch a game go to penalties though

Aye. Indeed. Always good to watch a game go to penalties though

How did the champions league work out :):):)

How did the champions league work out :):):)

Ah ramos is out now so happy days. What other Premier league team did well in the champions league in 2018?

• Advertisement

Ah ramos is out now so happy days. What other Premier league team did well in the champions league in 2018?

Man puke the shower of bastards :):(:)

Man puke the shower of bastards :):(:)

Who do you support?

Who do you support?

Man without the puke who else
    Only utd can see what a player fellani is:):):)

Caught the lizard

Caught the lizard

Catch and release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I will be bathing in the tears of Sergio Ramos tonight;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭tanko

Grueller wrote: »
    Cork fans behind the goal in Thurles are some knob jockeys.

What were they doing??

Catch and release?

Yup , after we had a good gawk at him he was let off into a double stone wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭tanko

How not to take penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Caught the lizard
    Tbh, I was half expecting to see a NSFW pic there:D

Carry on:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement