Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Six months to the day since I got it, seeing as the weather is dry, it got its 2nd wash :) When the OH who has no interest in cars says 'I never saw your car as dirty' it's probably time for a wash

DSCF1363.JPG

DSCF1366.JPG

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭pcardin

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    It's not no. It's the handbrake cable, not sure why they hang down on this car because they're newish cables and they've always been like that. It's like they are too long.

:pac:

Was the same on my 166 as far as I remember so must be like that from factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Cleaned up after the lime incident... feeling so mad about it though, it got a very thorough wash, but the thoughts of any residue sitting in panel gaps etc is killing me :( hopefully i've gotten away with it.

IMG_20160319_081524.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Cleaned up after the lime incident... feeling so mad about it though, it got a very thorough wash, but the thoughts of any residue sitting in panel gaps etc is killing me :( hopefully i've gotten away with it.

http://s12.postimg.org/ph3sautkd/IMG_20160319_081524.jpg

I don't think the lime would eat it in front of you.
    Decent wash should do the job fine. I wouldn't worry as long as it wasnt a regular thing for it to be left sitting with a little drizzle or dew.

Shur tis good car washing weather :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Gave the civic a major clean over today and yesterday, I hadn't been able to give it the attention it needed over the last few months. Wheels off, seats out kinda thing.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Looks great!
    I clean mine once every two weeks these days.
    Wash and a Hoover in the valet bay in work, serious perks. It does be filthy by the time I get home though. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Could've given that scabby ol plane in the background a bit of a scrub while you were at it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Not the best photo ever but it's the only one I took. It's amazing the difference between a clean polished car and a dirty one :) first time it's been clean since early January.

ABD4E808-BBD7-485D-AAC9-1E01FDED7046_zpsxfflwkhm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Where did you get your registration plate bulbs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The German occupation continues

12226998_1122664024434524_3895988135561013563_n.jpg?oh=1a4e458d9b7eca493e3a602031480723&oe=5789DEA6
    1240584_1122664061101187_892243824159001143_n.jpg?oh=0f20bdc2312ad912cd5ec253e6a7aa85&oe=574B0365
    10400348_1122664117767848_5537128070967628014_n.jpg?oh=b5b6003aad4229987a10f33762938e25&oe=5754D2A5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

shietpilot wrote: »
    Where did you get your registration plate bulbs?

Micksgarage they are just Philips WhiteVision w5w bulbs not as nice as LED's but they last a lot longer and are nicer than the normal bulbs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

SG your dag looks like he's readying up to wiz on your alloy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

1. Do many of ye take seats out of cars to clean around them? I'd be terrified I wouldn't put them back right and the'd come loose again.

2. I hate when a dog does their business on your wheels. Sometimes can be more than one wheel though! Pulled up at a friends house last week, dog, (who is always pyssing on my wheels) made an appearance. He went up to the wheel, I followed him, didn't attempt nothing, I followed him around the car while he sniffed etc, and stayed close by him until he was satisfied enough to leave the car.. without marking his territory! Probably have to do that every time now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Much out in Shannon Colm?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Much out in Shannon Colm?
    Pretty dead this evening tbh.

1. Do many of ye take seats out of cars to clean around them? I'd be terrified I wouldn't put them back right and the'd come loose again.
    It's usually 4 bolts. Very hard to get wrong.
    I hadn't had them out of this one before, there was 9 years worth of loose change and crumbs/chocolate etc between the console and the seat, and because of where the petrol tank is, there's only a tiny gap between the seat and the floor at the front, so very hard to clean without taking the seats out.

I've been meaning to take the seats out of the Tipo, mainly to clean either side of the centre console but to give the mounting brackets a lick of paint too. They're in an awful way with surface rust, for anyone familiar with the set up of the seats in the car they're very much exposed; look crap

Same with the focus, might pull them out so. Sprayed the end of the rails after getting it, but the rust is coming though a bit again. Be easier to get at with the seats out.

Just be mindful of wiring going to the seats. Disconnect battery if you're going disconnecting seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Gave the civic a major clean over today and yesterday, I hadn't been able to give it the attention it needed over the last few months. Wheels off, seats out kinda thing.

I think that plane in the background will be transported in the next few days or weeks up the coast and will be converted into a glamping pod or more like pods. The guy who bought it tried all sorts of various transport methods, even the possible use of a blimp. Mad stuff really.

For the life of me I can't remember where it will end up. Someone may have heard his interview on Today FM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Same with the focus, might pull them out so. Sprayed the end of the rails after getting it, but the rust is coming though a bit again. Be easier to get at with the seats out.

ST was going like that too before i sold it

I think that plane in the background will be transported in the next few days or weeks up the coast and will be converted into a glamping pod or more like pods. The guy who bought it tried all sorts of various transport methods, even the possible use of a blimp. Mad stuff really.

For the life of me I can't remember where it will end up. Someone may have heard his interview on Today FM.

Different plane. That one in my pic is used by the fire service for training, there's a few abandoned planes up there, yer mans blaming one is Russian, that one in the pic is Iberian airlines, who've also gone out of business.
    Yer man is talking about bringing one to Sligo by sea. €20k to buy, spose that'll cover the parking fees for the last few years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Different plane. That one in my pic is used by the fire service for training, there's a few abandoned planes up there, the they're both Iberian airlines, who've gone out of business.
    Yer man is talking about bringing one to Sligo by sea. €20k to buy, spose that'll cover the parking fees for the last few years :)

Ah just saw a disused plane and assumed it was that plane discussed on the radios,
    it's a mad plan he's hatching would be great to see how it turns out. Would imagine it won't be until next year before its ready

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Different plane. That one in my pic is used by the fire service for training, there's a few abandoned planes up there, think they're both Iberian airlines, who've gone out of business.

It's going to Enniscrone about 30 mins from myself, if he ever goes through with it I'll head over and take a pic of my civic beside it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Here's the plane that's being moved. Apologies for the bad pic :(
    25085019763_eff8e6ab80_c.jpgTransaero 767 by Irish Damien, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

GvidoR, here's the daily :)
    He's been at me to put up a pic forever and this is it after getting a quick wash, polish and wax today....

380793.jpg

380792.jpg

Just a cheap runaround while the other car gets a few bob spent on it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

nice car,big improvement for definite

nice car,big improvement for definite

The car or the detail?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Washed and waxed my yoke yesterday, took a few snaps, parked it in a car park last night for an hour and when I came out someone had pissed up along the side of it, on the passengers side window and down the door. Lovely. Back to washing it again today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

When I ran mine through the nct the door sills had some holes in them. So might be an idea to check yours. If your repairing the wheel arches I used fibre glass on the outside (2 or 3 layers on each side) and inside and sealed with underbody sealant. It's keeping the weather out! :)

Hal1 wrote: »
    When I ran mine through the nct the door sills had some holes in them. So might be an idea to check yours. If your repairing the wheel arches I used fibre glass on the outside (2 or 3 layers on each side) and inside and sealed with underbody sealant. It's keeping the weather out! :)

There shyte enough for little moisture gaps etc that let water in. Sealed the gap at the back bumper with tec7 a few months back and inside is bone dry still, don't think waters getting in anywhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The tec7 is great stuff I use it for almost everything. Sticking interior door trim and water proofing around grommets anywhere that water could get in.

The car or the detail?

the car

the car

Over the E36? Are you dreaming or trolling?!

Do you really need to ask at this stage.....

imo its far better condition, newer and looks nicer.

Ya, I think he made the best move ever with the astra. A 1.4 is plenty of power for a young nipper like himself. I wouldn't trust him in an e46 either, too much power for him, only go to his head.

Ya, I think he made the best move ever with the astra. A 1.4 is plenty of power for a young nipper like himself. I wouldn't trust him in an e46 either, too much power for him, only go to his head.

Ah lads, you've all lost the plot at this stage here.

Astra looks better than an E36.

323i too fast for a young driver.

I can't wait to see what someone posts next. Not having a go at anyone but if you think a lad on the Motors forum has too much power for him then maybe come down to the track days and see how they drive :confused: For sure I wouldn't trust some drivers in 1.0 Micras the way they drive but it's a big difference comparing a young lad and an enthusiast who spends his money and time practising to drive fast, unlike 90% of this forum.

But yeah, sell this heap and drive my Yaris again, too young for this power...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,844 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

I can't wait to see what someone posts next. Not having a go at anyone but if you think a lad on the Motors forum has too much power for him then maybe come down to the track days and see how they drive :confused: For sure I wouldn't trust some drivers in 1.0 Micras the way they drive but it's a big difference comparing a young lad and an enthusiast who spends his money and time practising to drive fast, unlike 90% of this forum.

Think your Irony Detector malfunctioned for the second post you quoted.

the car

anigif_enhanced-29131-1410225575-5.gif

Is someone implying no you can't drive fast on a 998cc Micra?
    I'd bet to differ.

• Advertisement

CianRyan wrote: »
    Is someone implying no you can't drive fast on a 998cc Micra?
    I'd bet to differ.

Not at all. I was just picking the idea of folk always saying "Ah sure them young lads shouldn't be driving anything bigger than a 1.4 since they can't handle the power".

I bet the people who say things like that are really _GREAT_ drivers and know their stuff.

Ah I know, I'm just sticking my head in because I absolutely assault my poor Micra. CVT gearbox and all. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Hal1 wrote: »
    The tec7 is great stuff I use it for almost everything. Sticking interior door trim and water proofing around grommets anywhere that water could get in.

"Upgraded" diff mounts haha.
    Made a nice difference in fairness. Broke the cheap weak caulk gun though, I'd recommend a decent one for anyone going using tigerseal or tec7.

Obviously my post was sarcastic! Maybe a tad too advanced :o :pac:

Hi again I arrive back to pure warfare :)

Glads you liked the Passenger spin at the last Auto Heroes man, might tip up next monday if I am around at all, you can return the favour :)

I can't really count myself young anymore either!!
    Obviously my post was sarcastic! Maybe a tad too advanced :o :pac:

I realise you were messing Noccy, you hava a weird sense of humour like myself :p
    No harm done sir it was good :)

As for you poor pants
    :):):):):):):)

YbFocus wrote: »
    Glads you liked the Passenger spin at the last Auto Heroes man, might tip up next monday if I am around at all, you can return the favour :)

Bring a pillow :pac:

Bring a pillow :pac:

I don't get ya :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    I don't get ya :)

You'll be yawning the whole lap haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Still not sure if its the best or worst car I've owned :)
    2zpts8m.jpg

• Advertisement

You'll be yawning the whole lap haha

Not at all man, still go back the first Auto Heroes and the two guys in the Ford Ka. They had the same smile everyone else did :)

It doesn't matter what you are in, if you are getting onto the limits of it you will have fun. Learn the balance of it, the focus is a great chassis, you can really throw them around :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement