Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where would you go next...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My old 335i is for sale if you wanted to go down that route. Injectors and coils replaced too by the current owner.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-335i-e92-coupe/11662254

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I just viewed that ad, this bit has given me a good laugh!
    -JB4 switchable remap making estimated 360~380bhp (I only had this turned on the odd weekend as standard, the 300bhp is more than enough for commuting)
    "300bhp is more than enough for commuting", yeah seeing as most cars sold now are closer to 30bhp than 300, Id say that is a fair statement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,223 ✭✭✭MarkN

My old 335i is for sale if you wanted to go down that route. Injectors and coils replaced too by the current owner.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-335i-e92-coupe/11662254

I saw it on Sat. The remap made me think was it a bit messed with but I didn't know the background.

I installed the JB4 and I can promise you, it was done properly. Anyone here can attest to how I look after cars and how I do things when it comes to my cars.

I never got it dynoed but others who were running JB4 along with good turbos, injectors and coils were seeing big power increases.

metzger did you install the jb4 or do you own Marks old car? I see you have it up on bmw-drivernet mark, very nice! are you advertising it anywhere else? its an awful lot of car for the money, value for money wise, whatever you replace it with certainly wont be able to compete with it on that front, unless you go for an 05/06/07 barge etc...

• Advertisement

The grey e92 335i I linked in post 152 is the exact one I used own. I sold it in August I think it was and the guy who bought it from me is selling it there.

I installed the JB4 on that.

Mark where in Dublin is the car based and do you know the exact name of the black paint it has?

Dublin 1/9 most days. Black sapphire metallic. Don't have it up anywhere else yet, no. Not sure I'll put it elsewhere either, I don't want all the DD texts etc :)

Order options
    No. Description
    1CA SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES

226 SPORTS SUSPENSION SETTINGS

249 MULTI-FUNCTION FOR STEERING WHEEL

302 ALARM SYSTEM

313 EXTERIOR MIRROR PACKAGE

338 M SPORTS PACKAGE II

354 GREEN STRIPE WINDSCREEN

403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC

428 WARNING TRIANGLE

431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D

441 SMOKERS PACKAGE

459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY

473 ARMREST, FRONT

481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER

502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM

508 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)

522 XENON LIGHT

534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING

644 PREP. FOR. MOB. PH. BLUET. INTERF.

661 RADIO BMW BUSINESS

692 CD CHANGER I-BUS PREPARATION

710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL

716 M AERODYNAMICS PACKAGE II

760 INDIVIDUAL HIGH-GLOSS SATIN CHROME

772 INTERIOR TRIM ALU BLACK CUBE

775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE

785 WHITE DIRECTION INDICATOR LIGHTS

787 M LT/ALY WHEELS DOUBLE SP.135 W MIXED T.

8SP COP CONTROL

812 ENGLAND VERSION

850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT

863 EUROPE/DEALER DIRECTORY

877 DELETION CROSS-OVER OPERATION

880 ENGLISH / ON-BOARD DOCUMENTATION

Series options
    No. Description
    210 DYNAMIC STABILITY CONTROL (DSC)

520 FOGLIGHTS

550 ON-BOARD COMPUTER

832 BATTERY IN LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT

853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH

The grey e92 335i I linked in post 152 is the exact one I used own. I sold it in August I think it was and the guy who bought it from me is selling it there.

I installed the JB4 on that.

Does it have brand new BMW turbos?

Augeo wrote: »
    Does it have brand new BMW turbos?

It did when I got them in 2013 and 2014 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭browneire

Was the luxury version of the 530d f10 something that was ever sold in this country. I'm hooked on the.3d xf but would really like to see the lux to be sure.

I really don't want to jinx it but I think I've found a car. I really need my lovely 325ci gone by early next week so if you know of anyone gentlemen... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

MarkN wrote: »
    I really don't want to jinx it but I think I've found a car. I really need my lovely 325ci gone by early next week so if you know of anyone gentlemen... :)

We need a clue :pac: 6 series, 3 series or something else?

We need a clue :pac: 6 series, 3 series or something else?

A 6 series. Probably a disappointing outcome in terms of I've been there before for people who have followed the thread but I'm a creature of habit ;)

A 6 series. Probably a disappointing outcome in terms of I've been there before for people who have followed the thread but I'm a creature of habit ;)

Had a 630i myself and am sorely tempted to go back to a 635d. Hope everything falls into place for you and most importantly we get to see some pics!

Mark wasnt one of the issues you had about the practicality and size of the 325ci. It probably wont matter much now as I am assuming your kid is very young, but the rear passenger seats in the 6 are fairly useless for adult males at least...

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Mark wasnt one of the issues you had about the practicality and size of the 325ci. It probably wont matter much now as I am assuming your kid is very young, but the rear passenger seats in the 6 are fairly useless for adult males at least...

She's only 14 months so by the time it's an issue I will no doubt be looking at something else. The wife can also move her seat forward - that's what she'll be told anyway! :p

She's only 14 months so by the time it's an issue I will no doubt be looking at something else. The wife can also move her seat forward - that's what she'll be told anyway! :p

A 14 month old could fit in the cup holder in a 6 series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

A 14 month old could fit in the cup holder in a 6 series!

And the amount of bits/extras and stuff they have/are needed could fill an x5! :-)

Enjoy the 6 tho. Good choice.

I'm not quite there yet, I still need to sell this and then talk to the bank on Monday but fingers crossed! Just a refresher of the condition of mine in case anyone is interested :P

24876544723_678e068911_z.jpg
    25477150376_da0b85fe54_z.jpg

• Advertisement

325 sold and I'm confident to say I'll miss it in many ways.

Hoping to pick up a space grey 635d on Wednesday. I'm just happy to not be trawling Carzone/DD every night now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

325 sold and I'm confident to say I'll miss it in many ways.

Hoping to pick up a space grey 635d on Wednesday. I'm just happy to not be trawling Carzone/DD every night now :)

Ah but you will anyway !! :p
    Happy days regardless !

Trawling the sites is the best part of the process! The thrill of the hunt :D

Picked up a 2008 635D M-Sport today. My budget could've went to a 2009 one but the mileage on so many of them on Carzone etc are heading for 200,000kms. Even the ones in BMW dealers. The one I bought has 80,000kms on it and feels and looks exactly like it. The interior is spotless, the paint is in brilliant condition. The only gripe I have is the wheels are the pre LCI M-Sport style, not the polished star spoke wheel. OEM ones from BMW are heading for €3,000 (possibly a bit more) so I'll live with them for now.

I bought it privately as the previous owner bought it from Frank Keane last year so it has a Premium Selection 2 year warranty. It will expire in March 2017 and I can then extend it for €500 per year.

It's space grey with black leather and silver trim around the centre console. Usual spec on them like heated seats, auto, climate, Bluetooth, PDC front and rear, aux & USB input, bi-xenons, lane deviation, paddles on the wheel etc etc

For a diesel, it sounds pretty sweet. Before today I had only ever driven one 635D before and I remembered it being quick but I had forgotten just how good that torque is. Driving home on the M50 today I accelerated and a transit in the lane next to me seemed like it was going backwards!

I didn't buy it for fuel economy as I don't do big mileage but with the cheaper tax and better economy than the 325 (I'd imagine) it will be similar to run. She needs an oil & brake fluid service which I'll get around to in the next two weeks.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to suggest ideas for me in this thread. It's probably not the car I first imagined I'd be driving when I started this thread but it's nice to come up the years and get back to a few creature comforts.

25025024713_6383a759a3_z.jpg
    25559091251_af141e021a_z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,293 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Congratulations Mark and well wear with it, looks like a well cared for 6er.

Will hopefully be picking up my new (14 reg) F10 M Sport at the weekend also:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99000075&postcount=409

BTW I didn't know the BMW Premium Used warranty was transferable to a new owner, good to know that, and €500 to extend it on a 6 Series sounds like good value.

Yep, the warranty booklet confirms it but I was aware anyway. There's forms for the previous and new owner to co-sign but I think once you ring and say you're the new owner they're ok with it.

Best of luck with your new purchase, glad to see you got sorted. Will check out your thread now.

The warranty on mine expired in January. I'm of 2 minds whether or not to pay the 400 quid to extend it.

Congrats. That is a stunning car. Given what you just sold, it would want to be a stunning car to justify the change. Is the motor tax on the 635d only e280 a year?

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Congrats. That is a stunning car. Given what you just sold, it would want to be a stunning car to justify the change. Is the motor tax on the 635d only e280 a year?

€750.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Lovely looking machine, well wear! Had it got the same engine as the E60 535d then?

Lovely looking machine, well wear! Had it got the same engine as the E60 535d then?

Thanks. Yeh think it's the same one. Not sure if that engine got an upgrade or anything (I assume it did as it was around from 2005 but perhaps not). Can't quite get over how powerful it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

That looks minty, best colour option too IMO...

Well done, looks the biz...

The warranty on mine expired in January. I'm of 2 minds whether or not to pay the 400 quid to extend it.

Think you can only extend the warranty when it's currently under warranty (and just about to expire obviously). Don't think you can let it lapse and buy another policy (from BMW anyway).

Is this what you are talking about lads:

https://www.bmw-warranty.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Thanks. Yeh think it's the same one. Not sure if that engine got an upgrade or anything (I assume it did as it was around from 2005 but perhaps not). Can't quite get over how powerful it is.

yes, 2005 was an M57 with 272hp

this one is an N57 with 286hp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭macjohn

bazz26 wrote: »
    Congratulations Mark and well wear with it, looks like a well cared for 6er.

Will hopefully be picking up my new (14 reg) F10 M Sport at the weekend also:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99000075&postcount=409

BTW I didn't know the BMW Premium Used warranty was transferable to a new owner, good to know that, and €500 to extend it on a 6 Series sounds like good value.

Brilliant Bazz,
    Congrats, looks the absolute biz!!!

I dont follow the pic thread so missed that you had bought.

Enjoy!

Have you got it yet?

macjohn wrote: »
    Brilliant Bazz,
    Congrats, looks the absolute biz!!!

I dont follow the pic thread so missed that you had bought.

Enjoy!

Have you got it yet?

Thanks, no collecting it tomorrow afternoon as there was a delay with getting it VRT'd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Mark congrats that's gorgeous, do you mind me asking what you paid?

Gorgeous colour combo, well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Thanks, no collecting it tomorrow afternoon as there was a delay with getting it VRT'd.

Nice car, I bought similar over 2 years ago with about the same mileage - pro nav etc looks great. Post up some more pics and a review when you get it.

Mark congrats that's gorgeous, do you mind me asking what you paid?

Gorgeous colour combo, well wear.

A little over 25. Looked at the 2009 one in Colm Quinn, it was 28,000 but the miles were high. Noticed yesterday they've upped it to 30 :o

• Advertisement

Saw this today. My car just keeps coming up short in terms of what I need back for it.

Absolutely stunning car, seems to have almost everything.

Is that the one being sold by the dealer in Howth?

Is that the one being sold by the dealer in Howth?

It is. He has two coupes and two gran coupes. The one I drove is the one with glass roof.

I spotted it yesterday while trawling through the usual adverts. I did think it would be something that would interest you alright. That dealer always has some tasty stock.

I spotted it yesterday while trawling through the usual adverts. I did think it would be something that would interest you alright. That dealer always has some tasty stock.

Only went online last night. Think the guy who traded it was trying to sell privately too. Has heads up display, soft closing doors, the works.

Did you see this one:

http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1701356&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D88%26f%3D2%26s%3Dd%26yn%3D2012%26g%3D0

Paintwork doesn't look the best but it maybe just because they bother cleaning the car for the photos.

Did you see this one:

http://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1701356&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D88%26f%3D2%26s%3Dd%26yn%3D2012%26g%3D0

Paintwork doesn't look the best but it maybe just because they bother cleaning the car for the photos.

I did, like yourself I was wondering what the story is with the paint, could be just the light though. I'll struggle to find anything as good as that one in Beshoffs I'd say, I just need to sell mine privately and quick if I am to go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I knew a 520d wouldn't float your boat.
    Will beshoffs not take your 635d or offering too little?
    Beautiful car by the way.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    I knew a 520d wouldn't float your boat.
    Will beshoffs not take your 635d or offering too little?
    Beautiful car by the way.

I'd still be well up for a new 520d, even with PCP it would more than likely be cheaper for me to be driving a 640d every month though. And they are a different animal altogether. They'll take it as a trade but it's less again than I was offered for the one in Stillorgan a month or two back. There's a few 430d gran coupes I'd at least like to look at. A7 is another car I lust after but I keep coming back to the 640.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Does the 640 feel like a big jump from your own 635?

• Advertisement
Advertisement