Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

These McDonald's ads for the taste of America burgers. Kansas City Stack or whatever bùll****.

Is this ad extra clever that i just don't get, or is it a trifle silly to have a range of burgers to represent the taste of America when a regular Big Mac is the absolute strongest example of American cuisine literally on the whole world ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    These McDonald's ads for the taste of America burgers. Kansas City Stack or whatever bùll****.

Is this ad extra clever that i just don't get, or is it a trifle silly to have a range of burgers to represent the taste of America when a regular Big Mac is the absolute strongest example of American cuisine literally on the whole world ever?

I've also noticed the actors they are using are very clearly not American, their accents are passable, but you can usually spot when it's a British actor playing an American.
    Most notably the ginger guy in that one advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Philadelphia reminding us that new dad’s clearly prioritize their delicious cream cheese over their new born babies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Oh. My. God. I actually feel physically sick every time that stupid ad for data for three phones is on. Translation aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

In the latest Lidel ad is the husband whose pic they show in the mantelpiece dead? Saw it with the sound off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

Oh. My. God. I actually feel physically sick every time that stupid ad for data for three phones is on. Translation aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

It's woeful on every conceivable level. Badly written, badly delivered nonsensical shi*e.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

Dreadful guff

Ol' Donie wrote: »

I had one of those burgers, somehow you end up of smelling of the sauce for the rest of the day, be warned!

Dreadful guff

I hate the way he pronounces data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,665 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

optogirl wrote: »
    we're the O'BUUUURRRRRRRNSSSSSS

I love meat

Isn't he gas

Bleugh.
    I'm not surprised you dislike this
    I'm shocked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

It's probably been mentioned here before, but that chewing gum ad with the zombie in it annoys the shït out of me. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,799 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

That road safety ad about allowing space for cyclists to "ride safe".

Why can't they say "ride safely"? "Ride safe" sounds like management speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I wanna smack 'em all so hard my hand itches :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I wanna smack 'em all so hard my hand itches :D

Luckily I've only seen that once before, it doesn't seem to be on he channels I normally watch.

First time was like wtf second time watching it there now I can fully agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I heard an ad on local radio "Alexia, tell me...." not once but twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

madmaggie wrote: »
    I heard an ad on local radio "Alexia, tell me...." not once but twice.

No doubt you know they do that so that real Alexa units don’t go and order 5,000 toilet rolls because someone in an ad on the radio said so.

If anything, it makes it even more annoying though, because “Alexia” sounds wrong. They should just stop.

The Just Eat ad with all these tossers doing that horrible singing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

If I have to see that bloody mortgage masters ad or that bloody Dermot Bannon's smug face ad again, I'll scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Dickie10 wrote: »
    the "talk to me baby" ad with the ginger guy with a terrible haircut and worse shirt i think its for EIR broadband or something . the actor is making his charectar out to be so pathetic like its hard to know if he is 32/33 or 45/46. awful stuff hes doing in it, looks like he gatecrashed an 18th birthday and taaking selfies with some band at the end of the ad. looks a weirdo. hate,hate,hate that song too

Makes me want to smash my tv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

That bloody Aldi ad with the viking fella in it.
    Especially the opening line,that annoyingly lame attempt to sound funny
    "Is this in real life now or...."
    I mean what else could it be in,you muppet!?!

"I wasn't surprised,I was shocked."
    And the difference there is..................

• Advertisement

If I have to see that bloody mortgage masters ad or that bloody Dermot Bannon's smug face ad again, I'll scream.

With regards Bannon I'll scream with ya if thats ok, it may save our TV's lives!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Dickie10

dermot bannon ad the child has a horrible accent " why is that man still tawwwking?" theres a future narricissitic snowflake in the making anyway, im a 3 year old child but a grown adult should shut the hell up when its storytime, plus did anyone think it highly unsettlingly celtic tiger era crap to spend vast sums of money on a bedroom with crap for telling a story by a flick of a switch? why why why would you want to do that? the same goons are probably vegan to save the planet but the esb bill is through the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone notice that they have cut the "because I'm a big boy now....." song from the Irish rail ad.

While a nice song I always thought it a strange choice of song given it was the mother reminiscing about her childhood. Unless they are suggesting she is trans....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,828 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I used to love this thread when I was living in Ireland but being away a few years the posts no longer meant anything to me. Been home visiting for a month and all I can say is....

Lucky lucky lucky me I'm a lucky son of a gun.

I used to love this thread when I was living in Ireland but being away a few years the posts no longer meant anything to me. Been home visiting for a month and all I can say is....

May a thousand red ants infest your undergarments!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 coconnell44

That AXA advert or whatever it's for...if it's not bloody annoying enough, the song is probably THE most annoying and irritating song I have heard in a long time, and in 2019 that's saying something 😋. So surprised this hasn't been mentioned on this thread already.
    One,two, three
    'I know I can
    Be what I wanna be
    If I work hard at it'

Gives me the urge to put a shoe through the TV everytime I'm unfortunate enough to hear it.

"Okay speaker, story time" - Arrrgggggghhhhhhh, shut the feck up and p**s the f**k off Dermot Bannon!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The whole trend of people talking to their smart speaker has to stop. Vodafone and Birdseye on TV and some event talking to "Alexia" on the radio.
    Just urgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Thats one of the great ads at the moment, that song always cheers me up, thanks for getting it into me head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭leche solara

What about the Churchill ads? (He's not a real dog, but he definitely has a human voice...) :D

What do you mean he's not a real dog?

Advertisement