Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    If you really wanted the job you should go. Clearly you are capable since you have the interview. Plenty of time to address BMI if needed.

But why waste their time? The medical will rule me out. I would need 8- 12 months to sort my bmi out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

khaldrogo wrote: »
    But why waste their time? The medical will rule me out. I would need 8- 12 months to sort my bmi out.

Well you won't be driving or 9-12 months so in theory if you were offered the training you have time assuming its acceptable to the company. If the company did annual BMI tests they would lose a lot of drivers.

Jamie2k9 wrote:
    Well you won't be driving or 9-12 months so in theory if you were offered the training you have time assuming its acceptable to the company. If the company did annual BMI tests they would lose a lot of drivers.

But my understanding is that the bmi needs to be correct at the time of the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Of course it's my luck that the day I accept a new job I get an email from IE saying more interviews in June!!!!

It's too late IE!!!!.....

Can I ask where you applied for IE job? Best of luck in new job.

annor99 wrote:
    Can I ask where you applied for IE job? Best of luck in new job.

Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Have you seen the size of some of the drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rebellad 1970

Anyone outside of Dublin heard anything yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

Another round of medicals in Dublin in a couple of weeks, dunno about the rest of the country

Anyone outside of Dublin heard anything yet...

Nope, nothing since thoose emails months ago.

annor99 wrote: »
    Nope, nothing since thoose emails months ago.

Ya same here hoping we might hear something soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

heard nothing(Sligo) really bad form by IR, only been waiting 5 months with 1 email in between!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Same, applied for Limerick. Would have been nice to have received an email reiterating the last one even.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

MrBumBum wrote: »
    Another round of medicals in Dublin in a couple of weeks, dunno about the rest of the country

Were you called for a medical? I done the interview about 4 months ago and have heard nothing since.

Clodiagh87 wrote: »
    Were you called for a medical? I done the interview about 4 months ago and have heard nothing since.

Yes I was. I don't know anything about how many are called or when the next class is etc. Just got offered a date for medical is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭blueband

Clodiagh87 wrote: »

Ditto, over 3months since interview

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodiagh87

MrBumBum wrote: »
    Yes I was. I don't know anything about how many are called or when the next class is etc. Just got offered a date for medical is all.

Thanks for the reply and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 TypicalPaddy

Hey all, just my update don't no if it helps anyone, Did the interview about 6 weeks ago and got a email for a medical this week for a weeks time, didn't give away any other information in the email.... Keeping the fingers crossed like everyone still

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Convenience112

Has anyone heard anything for the second set of classes yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Has anyone heard anything for the second set of classes yet?

No nothing. I've been through the lot, just waiting to hear back now. Last thing I had to do was supply references. Did that on 14th May.

No nothing. I've been through the lot, just waiting to hear back now. Last thing I had to do was supply references. Did that on 14th May.

Yeah I’m in the same boat, been a long wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Yeah I’m in the same boat, been a long wait!

It's an Irish rail thing. Communication is not their strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

So has driver training started yet?

shamrock55 wrote: »
    So has driver training started yet?

One class for DART and one for diesels has yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fred1983

Effects wrote: »
    You'll never make a train driver if you can't even be bothered to read how to go about it.

I'll break it down for you:
    Apply online and do a few tests.
    After passing, sit a few more online tests.
    More tests in test centre.
    Medical.
    Interview.
    Job offer, start training.

Hey thanks for the break down, l had my interview a few weeks back now , it went very well , I have to attend training in Dublin next month.

Fred1983 wrote: »
    Hey thanks for the break down, l had my interview a few weeks back now , it went very well , I have to attend training in Dublin next month.

Fair play to you! Especially considering the fact you posted here 3 months asking when did the whole process start.
    Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 13 anon2019!

Fred1983 wrote: »

Did you have to supply references??

I did my interview a few months back passed medical and just waiting now! Was told I would hear shortly but still nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

anon2019! wrote: »
    Did you have to supply references??

I did my interview a few months back passed medical and just waiting now! Was told I would hear shortly but still nothing..

They're talking shlte. The interviewers said the next training session can't start until the current one has finished, so August is too soon.
    Also they didn't know anything about the process in April....

Just wondering if anyone outside Dublin heard anything positive yet

Just wondering if anyone outside Dublin heard anything positive yet

Husband hasn't heard anything since the emails ages ago. He applied for Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I applied for Limerick, havent heard anything since the email saying they are focusing on Dublin first and will be in contact with applicants for regional stations shortly. That was from March 22nd

Advertisement