Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

threeball wrote: »
    They already took them this year and should have beat them last year so I think you need to brush up on your knowledge. Just like boxing, styles make matches. Just because one team beats another doesn't make them better suited to the next opponent.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.

Your thinking that Cork who couldnt beat Kilkenny, the very team that dismantled them today and the team you are dismissing as not been as well disposed at beating Limerick is glaringly flawed.

Its a championship and today was a knock out game. You might need to brush up on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Laois haven't dropped the heads since the red anyway. It's driven them on if anything. They're still in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Struck sounds a lot worse than it was. Tapped more like. Probably accidentally too considering they were both pulling out of each other.

Yeah struck may be harsh, but it was deliberate. Had thought was an accident but it was certainly deliberate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Ref doing his best here for Laois

Not at all

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah struck may be harsh, but it was deliberate. Had thought was an accident but it was certainly deliberate.

Missed it here but crowd say tipp lad laid him out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Gentleman Off The Pitch

P. Maher goes down very easily for a perceived hard man

Missed it here but crowd say tipp lad laid him out?

Was a nothing tussle and Dunphy swung back with the hurley, connected across the knees. Literally left the ref with no choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭champchamp

Was a nothing tussle and Dunphy swung back with the hurley, connected across the knees. Literally left the ref with no choice

A flick across the thigh and Maher goes down like he'd been shot.
    A yellow at most.

champchamp wrote: »
    A flick across the thigh and Maher goes down like he'd been shot.
    A yellow at most.

A deliberate strike is a red though, the reaction of the player doesn't matter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Nice point from Purcell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

A deliberate strike is a red though, the reaction of the player doesn't matter

It does matter.

It's pathetic and embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭threeball

STB. wrote: »
    threeball wrote: »
    They already took them this year and should have beat them last year so I think you need to brush up on your knowledge. Just like boxing, styles make matches. Just because one team beats another doesn't make them better suited to the next opponent.

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda.

Your thinking that Cork who couldnt beat Kilkenny, the very team that dismantled them today and the team you are dismissing as not been as well disposed at beating Limerick is glaringly flawed.

Its a championship and today was a knock out game. You might need to brush up on that.

Your basic knowledge of sport is shining through as usual.

It does matter.

It's pathetic and embarrassing.

Point out in the rulebook where it says a pathetic and embarrassing reaction means a strike is a yellow there.

He was caught on the knee, seemed like it'd be the sort that'd sting a lot. He went down for a few seconds and got some ice on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

This is a very poor Tip team. Playing 14 man Laois for half the game and only 10 points up.
    Considering that it's Laois 3rd game in 3 weeks, they're walking around the field and still Tip can't put a sheen on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Have to say I'm happy enough heading into the semi final as a Wexford man

Would very much worry how tipp will cope with the intensity from Wexford. Obviously won't be as complacent, but a lot to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

Point out in the rulebook where it says a pathetic and embarrassing reaction means a strike is a yellow there.

I didn't refer to the rulebook, seeing a bigger picture. Sportsmanship always matters.

But if Enid Blyton did hurling commentary...
    He was caught on the knee, seemed like it'd be the sort that'd sting a lot. He went down for a few seconds and got some ice on it.

I'd say Michael Rice could tell you a thing or two about what would sting a lot. Rolling around like a primadonna, not so much.

Laughable behaviour from the hard chaw.

I didn't refer to the rulebook, seeing a bigger picture. Sportsmanship always matters.

I'd say Michael Rice could tell you a thing or two about what would sting a lot. Rolling around like a primadonna, not so much.

But the ref can only apply the rulebook. I think he went down a bit easily, but it would sting.

No idea what Michael rice had to do with it, didn't see him on the teamsheets today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,889 ✭✭✭Odelay

I suspect they’ve been told to hit the deck for any little knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

No idea what Michael rice had to do with it, didn't see him on the teamsheets today

He's referencing the 2012 all-ireland semi final between tipp and Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Is an under 16 ticket 50e everywhere bar the Davin stand for semi?

RMAOK wrote: »
    He's referencing the 2012 all-ireland semi final between tipp and Kilkenny

Sure any tipp fans have that day erased from memory

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭puzl

Wex Vs Tipp should be good. If Tipp don't improve from today I'd fancy Wexford to win. Kk Vs limerick is a 50/50 game as far as I'm concerned. Limerick should do it on form but as Cork learned today, KK must always be considered capable of beating anyone on any given day.

I'd say Michael Rice could tell you a thing or two about qwhat would sting a lot. Rolling around like a primadonna, not so much.

Make simulation punishable if that's the case but hitting someone with a hurley is a red.

What happened the loais lad that he was left on the ground?

puzl wrote: »
    Wex Vs Tipp should be good. If Tipp don't improve from today I'd fancy Wexford to win. Kk Vs limerick is a 50/50 game as far as I'm concerned. Limerick should do it on form but as Cork learned today, KK must always be considered capable of beating anyone on any given day.

Limerick will eat KK if they aren't more mobile than vs cork

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pjkdenver

When will tickets become available for the semifinal games?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Limerick have a half forward line built for war. They will fight for every ball. Cork had at least 2 Loose ball merchants in their half forward line starting today, not to mention a weak enough back 6. The Limerick back 6 are a serious unit. I fancy Wexford to beat Tipp in other match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Can't believe the lack of urgency from Cork. They just downed tools for much of the game, too wrong options galore. Too many of the same type of player. They are as far from winning an All Ireland title as any time in recent years. Thought the game was sub-standard in the context of potential All-Ireland winners. If Limerick bring their A game they'll do serious damage to Kilkenny but then again the same could have been said of Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Would very much worry how tipp will cope with the intensity from Wexford. Obviously won't be as complacent, but a lot to worry about

i imagine this will be the main talking point right up to when the ball is thrown in

tipp dont have the same shape about themselves since the group stage of the championship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

As a neutral at the game, Cork were awful with their puck outs. Nash hit short pucks as he didn't trust his half forwards to win the ball and he was right, they were all taken off. However his short pucks to the corner backs usually ended in them putting the ball down a blind alley. Why the line didn't attempt to change this was baffling. Full forward line had the winning of ball when they did play cross field ball into them, KK couldn't hold them. KK won it at the start of the 2nd half, Cork just folded.

KK still aren't playing great but i feel they've a good chance against Limerick. Cody will have a plan and Limerick will be hot favourites.

Tipp couldn't win today as it they hammered Laois, it was expected and if they barely beat them, they were poor. Laois had a plan and stuck to it but ran out of steam in the second half. Felt the ref was very fussy too which annoyed Laois. The second half was a challenge match level but fair play to Laois, if they stick together they have a good chance of staying up next year.

I expect Wexford/Tipp to be a ripper.

Advertisement