Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,005 ✭✭✭threeball

Cooper could have got red there. That was reckless.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Whats the craic for the semis lads, is it open draw?

Winner of this vs limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Game over it looks like

• Registered Users Posts: 39,681 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Cork would want to get the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

TJ gets a lot of frees....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Kilkenny well on top now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The lack of determination/drive out of cork is hard to fathom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

RMAOK wrote: »
    The lack of determination/drive out of cork is hard to fathom

Very sloppy passing this half as well, digging themselves into a hole.

Boom

• Registered Users Posts: 21,220 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Just like that. Seemed to calm down a bit. Grandstand finish in store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Lot's of scores but It has been a poor game, very sloppy. No defending either.

Number of pulldowns in Gaa farcical at this stage. Systematic fouling that's obviously coached in most county teams in football and hurling. The penalties are not harsh enough

Number of pulldowns in Gaa farcical at this stage. Systematic fouling that's obviously coached in most county teams in football and hurling. The penalties are not harsh enough

threeball wrote:

Ya our minors must of done it five or six times too. Black card or some form of it is now needed unfortunately.

threeball wrote:

Ya our minors must of done it five or six times too. Black card or some form of it is now needed unfortunately.

Black as it stands isn't harsh enough. It needs to be a sin bin and possible advancement of the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

threeball wrote: »

It's worse in hurling than it is in football these days, nobody really mentions it for some reason tho.

The first decade in the history of the gaa with cork not winning a senior hurling title

I thought KK could well take Cork. Limerick will be happier to see KK than Cork coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,045 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd worry about Limerick being on the break esp going up against a mastermind like Cody

Myler gone from Cork I'd say now. Honest man who gave a great effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

threeball wrote:

Black as it stands isn't harsh enough. It needs to be a sin bin and possible advancement of the ball.

Yeah should be a sin bin, black card in football is a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,299 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Not remotely surprised by that result.. had no idea what Cork's expectations were based on..

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd worry about Limerick being on the break esp going up against a mastermind like Cody

Don't think so. Limerick are like Cork but double the physicality which will match or beat KK. Limerick Tipp final at this stage I think. Cork had a better chance of taking Limerick than Cork. I said it here 2 weeks ago. The winner of this game would decide the final match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭C__MC

Always thought Kieran Kingston and the rock had cork on the right path, shame they left

First ever time cork didnt win an all Ireland in a decade?

While its great to see Laois today get this far and take on Tipp its almost a pity Galway didn't make it through. The last 3 games between Tipp and Galway have been nothing short of epic. Today would have been another one I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

C__MC wrote: »
    Always thought Kieran Kingston and the rock had cork on the right path, shame they left

Can’t remember the posters names a few months ago but they were on about how cork had all the attributes win it out. Speedy forwards etc and strong panel......they were found out again today......only for Horgan they haven’t a whole lot up front.......average enough at rear also. 15 years now since a winning the ‘big one’.....!!

While its great to see Laois today get this far and take on Tipp its almost a pity Galway didn't make it through. The last 3 games between Tipp and Galway have been nothing short of epic. Today would have been another one I think.

Maybe, but Galway messed it up for themselves. They have no one to Blame but themselves (and I say that as a Galway man)

C__MC wrote: »

Cork are utterly dependent on Horgan. It's hard to see what they'd do if he got injured. Changing management won't change this fact. Cork are lacking in a good few areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The death of ground hurling has led to a lot more fouling.I didn't see all the first half of this game,but watched all the second half and not once did I see the ball flicked or hit on the ground.

RMAOK wrote: »

Maybe, but Galway messed it up for themselves. They have no one to Blame but themselves (and I say that as a Galway man)

I agree, they made a bollox of it but they've been such great matches over the last 5yrs. Normally the game of the year when they met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Don't think so. Limerick are like Cork but double the physicality which will match or beat KK. Limerick Tipp final at this stage I think. Cork had a better chance of taking Limerick than Cork. I said it here 2 weeks ago. The winner of this game would decide the final match.

Well their physicality didn't count for much today.

Cork have no chance of "taking" Limerick, given they couldn't "take" Kilkenny today. Very dismissive altogether.

Advertisement