Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Speech and language therapy UL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭6thyearlife

http://www.si.ul.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JessS12

owinnn wrote: »
    Results are out! Check the online portal.

How do you check that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 owinnn

Yeah login using the link that 6thyearlife posted!
    I got accepted. My written English score wasn’t great but my overall percentile was high so I think that’s what matters more! So excited to start!

Congrats, I got accepted too! So exciting
    I got accepted. My written English score wasn’t great but my overall percentile was high so I think that’s what matters more! So excited to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mocksbanter

'No Active Content SIW_PORTAL_001
    You are not currently configured to receive any portal content.
    (no MRG records)'

Does anyone see this when they login to the site? I presume I didn't make the cut!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 12312345

'No Active Content SIW_PORTAL_001
    You are not currently configured to receive any portal content.
    (no MRG records)'

Does anyone see this when they login to the site? I presume I didn't make the cut!

I’m the same, I contacted them today and they said they haven’t updated them up all yet but would be doing so over the next week 😬

12312345 wrote: »
    I’m the same, I contacted them today and they said they haven’t updated them up all yet but would be doing so over the next week 😬
    That’s so weird! Mine said it was updated yesterday. Judging by posts from previous years the admissions office seems all over the place lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 JessS12

Oh perfect thanks! I got in too... so relieved!

JessS12 wrote: »
    Oh perfect thanks! I got in too... so relieved!

Congratulations!!!

would be great to set up a facebook chat or something for those who have been accepted. What do you think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Maeve Murray

would be great to set up a facebook chat or something for those who have been accepted. What do you think?

That would be a great idea 💡 is it too early to start looking for accommodation ðŸ¡

I’ll PM you!

facebook group is set up, search UL Speech and Language MSC 2019-2021

• Registered Users Posts: 4 trionaellen

Facebook group created for OT for anyone interested : UL Msc Occupational Therapy 2019-2021

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GreenPantsPls

Hi lads,

I'm thinking of applying for OT and/or SLT MSc. I currently have a slight preference for OT. I understand as it stands currently, the HPAT is the sole factor in determining who gets accepted.

Can I ask those who have gotten accepted (to either course) and/or perhaps discussed with classmates, what percentile you needed on the HPAT to be accepted?

Also, if you remember what came up as the topic for the written section in the HPAT? Definitely the section I'm most concerned about as writing has never been a strength of mine.

Any other knowledge regarding the application process that may be helpful would be really appreciated. Even those who weren't successful in their application, I'd be eager to hear from if you have any information.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 irishirish123

Hello,

I have read through this thread and there is some really useful information on it. Well done to everyone who sat the HPAT. I have applied to UL for OT for September 2020 intake and would love to get in touch with others who have applied. I am also interested to know more about the written exam as GreenPantsPls has asked.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 RossMeath

Did anyone get HPAT results this morning for UL MSc's? I was applying for OT really had my heart set on it and have worked extensively with OT's as part of MDT's but don't think i'll have gotten near high enough to get in. Extremely disappointed. Section 1 let me down hugely

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pink12321

Hi this morning I got my hpat results- 42nd percentile. I feel like it’s too low to be accepted but if anyone from the last 2 years or so sees this and either got accepted or denied with a similar result please let me know!

pink12321 wrote: »
    Hi this morning I got my hpat results- 42nd percentile. I feel like it’s too low to be accepted but if anyone from the last 2 years or so sees this and either got accepted or denied with a similar result please let me know!

Hey pink, I got very similar. 41st percentile, extremely disappointed.

S1- 37
    S2- 59
    S3- 50

Essay- 63

I personally don't think I have a shot. I saw someone last year got in with 46th percentile, and apparently that was on Round 1. I've also heard from someone just finishing the MSc in OT that they have increased the number of places to 35 in each. Are you interested in OT or SLT?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hartmad

Hello Pink and Ross,

I applied for OT only and have a 70 percentile, but only a 51 in the written component, so don't know what that'll do.

Section 1 was 60
    Section 2 54
    Section 3 45

I find it pretty strange that the percentile veers off so much, because the results are very close to yours.. It must be that a lot of people got around 150 points in it. Where did you take the tests? I was in Dublin and the hall we sat in for the written component seemed to have held over 70 people alone...

I wish you best of luck anyways

• Advertisement

There is an old boards thread from 2018 and 2019, where some people discuss their results. It is not apparent where the line is in terms of getting in. Some people who wrote "I got 80" or similarly high later wrote that they did get in. Others didn't specify, said "I did well in English but disappointed with my percentile etc."

It really depends on how many spots they have for both OT and SLT this year. 30? 25? 35?
    It's a very annoying system I find, having to pay that much and such minor result differences really affecting our career options...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pink12321

RossMeath wrote: »
    Hey pink, I got very similar. 41st percentile, extremely disappointed.

S1- 37
    S2- 59
    S3- 50

Essay- 63

I personally don't think I have a shot. I saw someone last year got in with 46th percentile, and apparently that was on Round 1. I've also heard from someone just finishing the MSc in OT that they have increased the number of places to 35 in each. Are you interested in OT or SLT?
    Hi Ross,
    I saw that too. My friends who I did all my study with got much much lower than us so I’m half thinking it was just a tough paper? However, it’s hard to know because we’re not told how it’s weighted. Hopefully we’re lucky. I was very disappointed too. I’m going for OT! How about you?

I'm going for OT. I sat in Galway and there was about 25-30 sitting there.

I've been told from a first year OT that there's 35 places.

The skew of the HPAT is very much centered. Generally only 1% score over 200- so a score in the mid 100's is about average.

I guess what I'm wondering is how much the English score plays a part in the overall score. It's hard to know. Is it to determine who to give places to if people are clustered around the same score?

Only time will tell.

Based on last year 1st round offers people were getting notified about 6 days after HPAT results. The results came out the same time as last year (Thursday before Easter) so I guess we'll see if it follows the same timeline.

Hope we all land guys would be nice.

Hello Ross and Pink,
    next week would be very soon for a reply..! Some people were only notified in june, last year and in 2018...I think there could be delays too this time because administration in UL is probably affected and busy by the COVID situation.

hartmad wrote: »
    Hello Ross and Pink,
    next week would be very soon for a reply..! Some people were only notified in june, last year and in 2018...I think there could be delays too this time because administration in UL is probably affected and busy by the COVID situation.

If you look back a few pages it seems last year some people received offers less than a week after HPAT results were released. I'd imagine those notified in June were probably additional rounds/ waiting list places being offered. Guess we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 corkgal_89

RossMeath wrote: »
    If you look back a few pages it seems last year some people received offers less than a week after HPAT results were released. I'd imagine those notified in June were probably additional rounds/ waiting list places being offered. Guess we'll see!

I wonder would anyone know when we're expected to cough up the moolah if we get an offer!? I would imagine the first instalment would be September but read somewhere about a deposit payment upon acceptance!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dara12345

Hi guys. How did you get your results, was it by post or email? I logged into ACER there but no results available

Dara12345 wrote: »
    Hi guys. How did you get your results, was it by post or email? I logged into ACER there but no results available

Did you sit for UL entry? We got an email early yesterday morning telling us to log in. If you're applying for anything other than MSc OT/SLT your results won't come out till June

corkgal_89 wrote: »
    I wonder would anyone know when we're expected to cough up the moolah if we get an offer!? I would imagine the first instalment would be September but read somewhere about a deposit payment upon acceptance!? :pac:

I know for my Masters Degree in NUIG I had to pay €500 deposit when I accepted my offer. Probably a similar situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Dara12345

Many thanks. I applied for UL MSc S&LT. no results at all. Worried now!

Advertisement