Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

From 100% to 79% battery in 1 hr 40 mins. Phone was idle with screen brightness turned right down in that time.

Have you any apps left open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dear Customer, here's an email outlining exactly what we're doing to help you during this time. I've very clearly laid out what you need to do now and what can wait until things are back to normal.

Customer: thanks for that email. Here's a ton of questions for you that are all answered in your original email which I couldn't be bothered to read and want you to repeat specifically to me.

Me: :| *sigh*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Job ads that don't give rates of pay and the companies involved withhold their names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Trying to write this without it sounding em... Suggestive.. :)
    When you bite into something hot and more comes off then your mouthful, getting a hanger on that scalds your lower lip to chin area. Burn!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Have you any apps left open?

Good question.
    I closed them all but often something pops up, like a preview of all the apps Ive had open lately, like a deck of cards layout so you can just see the top of each app behind the one in front of it, and it asks "close all".

Somehow its like I press exit or close or whatever but that only minimises the apps. Even though it looks like theyre properly closed (no tabs anywhere, no sign of open apps) this pop up thing suggests they're not fully closed down.

I don't know how to get the pop up back up, it only appears when I accidentally press something.

Good question.
    I closed them all but often something pops up, like a preview of all the apps Ive had open lately, like a deck of cards layout so you can just see the top of each app behind the one in front of it, and it asks "close all".

Somehow its like I press exit or close or whatever but that only minimises the apps. Even though it looks like theyre properly closed (no tabs anywhere, no sign of open apps) this pop up thing suggests they're not fully closed down.

I don't know how to get the pop up back up, it only appears when I accidentally press something.

Press the square at the bottom of your phone? Beside the circle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Scroll up once (or twice, if you get all the apps) from the bottom of the screen (if your phone is anything like mine), the "open screens" should appear again. Then, instead of swiping them to the left or the right, swipe them upwards away from you, that should close them.

Ahhh. Thanks.
    Turned out on my phone it's the two inverted allen keys as I think of them :)
    Or sort of 'l's on their sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,541 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My eyeball is squeaky.

WD 40 lubes everything.
    Not medical advice and not serious :)

cj maxx wrote: »
    WD 40 lubes everything.
    Not medical advice and not serious :)

Well thank goodness you added that last bit!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Nail down a few basics you’ll be alright. Roast potatoes and mushies for a start, soak those bad boys overnight can’t lose with that pairing

Keep some of the mushy peas and pair them with pasta, the peas create a kind of sauce and you can add chopped protene(meat, beans,soya) and you have a meal in a bowl.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When my parents call/ text to see how I am, they really only want to know the nice things. So, if I text them back telling them how I actually am, and there is something remotely negative in the response, they just f*cking ignore it because it doesn't fit with the demands of their utopia.

They also have a tendency to blame me for everything. Several months ago, some idiot reversed into my stationary car as we sat in traffic. For no reason he just put his car into reverse and smacked into me. When I told my Dad about it, the first thing he said was, "are you sure you hadn't aggravated him beforehand by beeping or driving up too close?".

Another time, about a year ago, we had a falling out with a rather unpleasant person who lives near us. When I was driving home one day, this person was driving up way too close to me, giving me daggers as I looked in the rearview mirror. Again, told my Dad and he said, "were you driving deliberately slowly to p*ss them off?".

Jesus thanks for being on my side guys. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Bredabe

*RANT ALERT*

Being out of work has exaggerated bros' compulsive symptoms, one of which is to constantly harasses me to do or go places for or with him.
    He has no boundaries and lashes out if I put them down or ignore him. As he's stupidly stubborn and often oblivious to his surroundings, so it can be difficult to ignore this behaviour.

Monday I had a really really bad day of it and was moaning to a friend, who kept saying I should put my foot down and do this and that, cause clearly in all the time I've been around I've not tried this out or thought of this myself.

On top of being brought up to believe I was to blame for most things, now I'm to blame for his behaviour as well!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have really hurt my middle finger. I was dragging a huge piece of a heavy metal object in the garden. Ex left a small scrapyard worth of complete crap.
    It closed down on the tip of my finger.
    Bruised the bone I think. I suppose th I didn't lose part of a finger.

Bredabe wrote: »
    *RANT ALERT*

Being out of work has exaggerated bros' compulsive symptoms, one of which is to constantly harasses me to do or go places for or with him.
    He has no boundaries and lashes out if I put them down or ignore him. As he's stupidly stubborn and often oblivious to his surroundings, so it can be difficult to ignore this behaviour.

Monday I had a really really bad day of it and was moaning to a friend, who kept saying I should put my foot down and do this and that, cause clearly in all the time I've been around I've not tried this out or thought of this myself.

On top of being brought up to believe I was to blame for most things, now I'm to blame for his behaviour as well!

I am sorry too hear this. I too experience such toxic dynamics within the family and it can be soul destroying. It's almost as if they better we are as people, the higher standards we are held to and the less we are let away with. Then you get unreasonable people like our brothers who just flit through life with mammy making excuses for them at every turn. :mad:

The numbers on the knobs on the cooker are worn out and invisible. I'm not even sure what knob is for what ring.
    If I want a ring at 4, I need to switch in on, count 4 clicks and see what ring goes red. I can work around it but it's annoying me

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Find out once, then use an indelible marker to re-mark them accordingly.

New Home wrote: »
    Find out once, then use an indelible marker to re-mark them accordingly.

I keep meaning to do that. I even have the white tip-ex markers for that job.
    Ta is I haven't got around to it.

If only we had a lockdown or something... then you'd have the time. ;)

• Advertisement

When people say "boom" for emphasis at the end of telling you about something banal. "Planted my cress seeds in an egg carton. Boom!"

Or when they describe something very tame as "these bad boys".

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Savecoronabeer

The numbers on the knobs on the cooker are worn out and invisible. I'm not even sure what knob is for what ring.
    If I want a ring at 4, I need to switch in on, count 4 clicks and see what ring goes red. I can work around it but it's annoying me

Those knobs would give you a red ring alright.

When people say "boom" for emphasis at the end of telling you about something banal. "Planted my cress seeds in an egg carton. Boom!"

Phrase Should have died with Steve jobs.

My own TA: Kept prisoner today by courier waiting for facemask ordered online. Feel free to pm me tomorrow to see if it arrives today Tuesday.

Agreed. Along with calling the act of doing something: "cheeky" like "I'm going for a cheeky pint". Feck off.

New Home wrote: »
    If only we had a lockdown or something... then you'd have the time. ;)

If only they 2 pups , children, I live with could go to school for the day and give me peace for a few hours.
    Another TA is because my pupils (aforementioned children,) know their teacher (me), they think that they give a serious amount of guff with no repercussions :(

Agreed. Along with calling the act of doing something: "cheeky" like "I'm going for a cheeky pint". Feck off.

When somebody says the word fact to agree with something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

My neighbour starts his jeep every day to charge the battery.

Unless his battery is knackered (and if so, f'king replace it) there's no need to do that every day. Also, whereas I've used my car once in the last three weeks, his seems to get moved at least four times a week, so he probably wouldn't be draining the battery any significant amount unless he's got a fault. Such a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got tagged in the charity 5k thing on Instagram. Fcuk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you keep seeing posts from people who you have on ignore coz the ignore function doesn't work on the touch site.

Noone in this thread I swears ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Almost simultaneously got forward something about Heineken giving away free kegs on Whatsapp in 3 different convos.
    Did a quick search on Google. It's a scam been going since 2018.
    Have to tell the lads to do the research before posting boIIox like this. If it sounds too good to be true...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

My elderly neighbour was sitting in a deckchair in front of his house earlier and although I don't know him, I thought it would be nice to offer to pick up shopping for him as I was going to Dunnes.
    I politely said hi there, I'm your neighbour and wondered if you'd like me to pick up anything in the shop for you?
    Well you'd swear I'd asked if he'd like me to **** him with a strap-on the grumpy head on him. He barked at me what are you trying to pull?!
    I'm not trying to pull anything you miserable old prick 😠
    Ta that people often assume the worst about people 😠

• Advertisement

My neighbour starts his jeep every day to charge the battery.

Unless his battery is knackered (and if so, f'king replace it) there's no need to do that every day. Also, whereas I've used my car once in the last three weeks, his seems to get moved at least four times a week, so he probably wouldn't be draining the battery any significant amount unless he's got a fault. Such a waste.
    I started my car , brand new October 19, after it didn't move for a week and the display warned the battery was low and to charge it. Just saying.

So incredibly sick of mind-deadening mind fogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I am a fridge magnet these days... but my "wash the dayum dishes" gene has gone missing.

also, this messed up sleep pattern wrecks my head every flippin' day.

...lockdown hangover without the drink.

"Woot!".

There. The annoyance to end them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Eligible for a phone upgrade. Rang Vodafone on Sunday and was pleasantly surprised to hear that the one I want can be pre-ordered. The employee asked me if I wanted them to order it for me while I was onto them. I said "no need - will order online myself in a few days".

Spent an hour trying to order it on their crawling website. Repeated errors and timeouts. Ended up ringing them and said - could you order for me.
    Response: we'll contact you when we get the phone into stock and order it then. No need to ring us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Ordered something from a website in Belgium. It was only after I ordered that I saw a fairly inconspicuous notice saying it was unlikely that dispatch would be before 5th May. due to covid etc.

I'm in no rush for the stuff but I would have waited cos I bet they'll take my money now.

Seven Worlds will Collide

:D

TA I have been locked up so long I find this hilarious :pac:

Boards' refusal to fix this bloody site.

I know this is probably pregnancy hormones combined with lockdown but FFS OH, do you need to be told to do everything?? Literally just finished a day's work plus online lectures and sweet FA is done :( I'm not asking for a 5 course meal and someone to polish the floor but come on - the laundry basket is overflowing, dog needs to be fed, house is freezing because nobody flicked on heating or put a match to a fire log. I put on wash and do the dishes and that's about the limit of my energy reserve right now. And even more TA, if I say anything, he looks around in confusion because there is "nothing to be done" :mad:

Also TA I know in my rational mind that he is actually normally very supportive etc. but he is all I have to lash out at right now :pac:

TA I've become a nagging old woman and will probably end up a dusty old spinster...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Ta'd I just ate an entire Easter egg I found in the back of the cupboard. Even more ta'd when I was craving chocolate to junkie levels yesterday I didn't remember I had an unopened Easter egg within hands reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The regular 503s are a pain in the hoop.
    There was a thread that said Boards.ie had to let some admin go because their advertising revenue is way down since c19 hit, but site traffic is really high. Thats why things keep crashing.

most are (hopefully) on covid-leave for safety, surely doing their best to keep the site running from home (can't be easy).

ta that this is me every day:
    me-all-day-me-at-night-45582599.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

You're right; i'm not able to access my history here again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's back to normal now

The regular 503s are a pain in the hoop.
    There was a thread that said Boards.ie had to let some admin go because their advertising revenue is way down since c19 hit, but site traffic is really high. Thats why things keep crashing.

It's been this way for a long while though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Ordered something from a website in Belgium. It was only after I ordered that I saw a fairly inconspicuous notice saying it was unlikely that dispatch would be before 5th May. due to covid etc.

I'm in no rush for the stuff but I would have waited cos I bet they'll take my money now.

Same here.
    Well it's stuff from Dublin shops. Both have taken payment. One has sent me a supposed tracking number which is invalid.
    The other advised me on the day after they took payment, that the order would be delayed.

It's very very very trivial in the scheme of things, I know, but what the hell, it feels good to have a minor rant here about it. :D

branie2 wrote: »
    You're right; i'm not able to access my history here again!

I find if you hit 'back' it usually works the 2nd time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Antares35 wrote: »
    I know this is probably pregnancy hormones combined with lockdown but FFS OH, do you need to be told to do everything?? Literally just finished a day's work plus online lectures and sweet FA is done :( I'm not asking for a 5 course meal and someone to polish the floor but come on - the laundry basket is overflowing, dog needs to be fed, house is freezing because nobody flicked on heating or put a match to a fire log. I put on wash and do the dishes and that's about the limit of my energy reserve right now. And even more TA, if I say anything, he looks around in confusion because there is "nothing to be done" :mad:

Also TA I know in my rational mind that he is actually normally very supportive etc. but he is all I have to lash out at right now :pac:

TA I've become a nagging old woman and will probably end up a dusty old spinster...
    He is the product of an Irish Mammy and cannot actually realise what needs to be done.

I'm afraid you now have to teach him how a house runs and how meals appear and get him involved by explaining rather than nagging. Make list of the jobs if necessary.

Also when this little baby arrives you will need him to be capable of doing household tasks.

Baby boy or girl, as soon as they can walk they can learn to tidy and help, so break the cycle of helpless children about the house

• Advertisement

wildwillow wrote: »
    He is the product of an Irish Mammy and cannot actually realise what needs to be done.

I'm afraid you now have to teach him how a house runs and how meals appear and get him involved by explaining rather than nagging. Make list of the jobs if necessary.

Also when this little baby arrives you will need him to be capable of doing household tasks.

Baby boy or girl, as soon as they can walk they can learn to tidy and help, so break the cycle of helpless children about the house

He doesn't even have this excuse! Though I see the effects of this with my brother. Got away with murder when he lived at home. Regularly stood up from the dinner table and left his plate behind. If I said anything I'd be told, "ah leave him shure doesn't he cut the grass" :mad: Mam made him packed lunches well into his 30's.

TA when you think you pour the right amount of milk over your cereal, but inevitably end up with half a bowl full of milk after the cereal is gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement