Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local elections 2014

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

irishgeo wrote: »
    the doorbell is broken.

Apparently ours is too -- we got a 'sorry you were out when I called' type leaflet of Mark Winters when we were in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

ive had a good few cos or estate was recently taking over by the council.am waiting on one particular counclir to call dont think he will have the balls tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

naughto wrote: »
    ive had a good few cos or estate was recently taking over by the council.am waiting on one particular counclir to call dont think he will have the balls tho

a load of estates were taken over recently, mainly the gaughan ones i think.

irishgeo wrote: »
    a load of estates were taken over recently, mainly the gaughan ones i think.
    the one iam in gaughan dident built it as far as i no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Got visited by lisa chambers weeks ago

Interested to hear if she has any substance or is she just one of Micheal Martin's "lovely gurls" a la Fr Ted?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

finisklin wrote: »
    Interested to hear if she has any substance or is she just one of Micheal Martin's "lovely gurls" a la Fr Ted?

Trying to fool people by having a young face. She will soon get institutionalised when she gets on the train. Unvouched expenses, expense for everything under the sun and over 100k per year with a bumper pension.
    There to get womens votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,384 ✭✭✭irishgeo

met her once, seems nice.

how did her meeting to rejuvenate castlebar town centre go?

In fairness there has to be one or two with a brain and some cop on. Perhaps she is one? Agh on second thoughts your probably right.....me feiner as a FFer. Hang on that's not a new concept.:rolleyes:

she has a very good chance of getting elected will she do any thing if hse does i doubt that ver much

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

In fairness there has to be one or two with a brain and some cop on. Perhaps she is one? Agh on second thoughts your probably right.....me feiner as a FFer. Hang on that's not a new concept.:rolleyes:

You can label that too on FG as a me feiner now as well, so much promise and delivered jack all. Charge after charge after increase after increase.
    I have no political allegiances but after meeting Mr Kenny a few times at charity events I thought he might be different, but nah, worse probably than FF.

So yes of course she will be sweet and lovely, they all are, fk I'd even wash your car if I know I was going to be on 100k+ a year with everything bar the dog food been paid by the tax payer. Im sure hitler was a lovely lad too! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

yop wrote: »
    You can label that too on FG as a me feiner now as well, so much promise and delivered jack all. Charge after charge after increase after increase.
    I have no political allegiances but after meeting Mr Kenny a few times at charity events I thought he might be different, but nah, worse probably than FF.

So yes of course she will be sweet and lovely, they all are, fk I'd even wash your car if I know I was going to be on 100k+ a year with everything bar the dog food been paid by the tax payer. Im sure hitler was a lovely lad too! ;)

Have met this lady. Good lawyer, knows her stuff.

From what I have read and heard about Adolf, he was never a lovely lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I had Frank Durcan at the door a few days ago. I told him I couldn't give him my No 1 to which he replied "ahhhh, you're no good to me so. Number 2's won't elect me". With that, he turned on his aging hole and got into his car. Any chance he had of getting a stroke lower down the paper went with him in the car.

There are a few I'm dying to arrive at the door - Lisa Chambers because I want to see if there's substance to her reputation; any FG candidate until I hear the spin that has been sent down from Head Office; and Harry Barrett so I can tell him how idiotic he is, how little credibility he has and how I'm very much aware of several instances of him taking credit for other town councillors work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Trying to fool people by having a young face. She will soon get institutionalised when she gets on the train. Unvouched expenses, expense for everything under the sun and over 100k per year with a bumper pension.
    There to get womens votes.

Where are you getting these figures? They are completely worng

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I'd even wash your car if I know I was going to be on 100k+ a year with everything bar the dog food been paid by the tax payer. Im sure hitler was a lovely lad too! ;)

Nearly sure the highest paid, for example, last year was just north of €52,000 and it only gets around that high with one or two of them being Cathaoirleach or on a few SPCs + travel + conferences etc.

nuac wrote: »
    Have met this lady. Good lawyer, knows her stuff.

Nuac, any public figure that is either a solicitor or a barrister you consistently praise them.

For the record, are there any solicitors/barristers out there that you don't rate?

Good solicitors don't necessarily make good politicians. Not saying that bad ones do either.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Nuac, any public figure that is either a solicitor or a barrister you consistently praise them.

For the record, are there any solicitors/barristers out there that you don't rate?

Good solicitors don't necessarily make good politicians. Not saying that bad ones do either.

Having worked with or against fellow lawyers gives one a fair indication of their abilities.

I have found over the years that people who are good and effective in their own occupations tend to be good and effective at politics.

The contrary is also true. No names, no pack-drill as we used to say in the FCÁ

Having worked with or against fellow lawyers gives one a fair indication of their abilities.

I have found over the years that people who are good and effective in their own occupations tend to be good and effective at politics.

The contrary is also true. No names, no pack-drill as we used to say in the FCÁ

Well there must have been an awful lot of them in the dáil who were sh!te at their occupation so :D

Ah the days of the FCA :D

Let me see.....in the current dail we have a builder, teachers (30 at the moment :eek:), doctors, solicitors, economists, career politicians (who have never worked outside of politics, 23 in total), farmer, banker, fisherman and caterer.

Aren't all solicitors and barristers colleagues anyway?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I don't live in Mayo so am not in the loop when it comes to the word on the street.
    I'd be grateful for an update on how Christy Hyland's campaign is progressing, thanks.

"ming" was canvasing in castlebar today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Castlebar12

naughto wrote: »
    the one iam in gaughan dident built it as far as i no

Mainly Kamer that was taken over recently it took a good while for the council to get them

Why do all the FG candidates look airbrushed to death? Joe Mellett hasn't looked as well as his poster in a long while.

Who else looks airbrushed or botoxed?

Why do all the FG candidates look airbrushed to death? Joe Mellett hasn't looked as well as his poster in a long while.

Who else looks airbrushed or botoxed?

Ok ok, hands up, I just felt I looked older so had to do it. It was cheap though.

Ok ok, hands up, I just felt I looked older so had to do it. It was cheap though.

No photo no dice. Let the forum decide.

No photo no dice. Let the forum decide.

The forum would never recover.

bagels wrote: »
    I don't live in Mayo so am not in the loop when it comes to the word on the street.
    I'd be grateful for an update on how Christy Hyland's campaign is progressing, thanks.

Bump

Mod Note: Dealt with now. Thanks

Bump

Mod Note: Don't bump again, your comment is still on this page so no need for "bumps".

Bump

I haven't heard much about him at all,don't no if that's a good thing or not

• Advertisement

Mod Note: Don't bump again, your comment is still on this page so no need for "bumps".

Sorry, I didn't realise I was breaking the rules.

Advertisement