Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenge on Bullys.

• 17-04-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭

There was this guy made parts secondary school from 3rd to 5th year a misery for me. I was picked on now and then, and eventually I stood up to him in 5th class and fought back. Anyway I had the chance to fight him after school, after the initial fight (well by chance I mean others were egging me on to fight him and give him a few slaps) which i declined. He didnt really bother me from then on but he was still a little prick in general, and I was wondered what Id do if I met him again.

Well I grew up and became a much bigger lad than the little weiner kid I was in school, and Ive had this revenge fantasy that if Id ever see him in town and kick the ****e out of him as he tourmented me for years.

Well this day came, 2 nights ago I saw him in town and I was tempted to go over and say something to him. I literally mulled it over the entire night but eventually the cons of confronting him out weighed the pros and I went home with out saying a word.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Has anyone ever lived out their revenge fantasy?

Personally I still would have loved to knock the bollox outta him but it wouldnt be worth it no matter how much hatred I have for him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Strangely, I'd just read this https://www.explosm.net/comics/3094/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

I have no idea how people carry anger or resentment around for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ah thats what happens sometimes when your picked on for the best part of 2 years by a lil twat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Some of the best revenge I've ever seen;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Which town?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Catch a virulent strain of syphilis and sleep with his girlfriend/mother/dog.

That'll learn him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ah thats what happens sometimes when your picked on for the best part of 2 years by a lil twat!

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

"To beat the crap out of him would be pretty sweet too, especially if he made a prisoner of you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Says Vito Corleone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

This thread is going to be rife with acutely embellished stories of violence isn't it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

A severe hammering is better for him. Forgiving him enables him.

You could make a fortune writing B-Sides for Sting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Time to move on OP, cant keep living in the past trying to settle old scores...move onto bigger and better things I say...your future is more important than your past.

dmc17 wrote: »
    "To beat the crap out of him would be pretty sweet too, especially if he made a prisoner of you"

The ineffable joy of forgiving and being forgiven forms an ecstasy that might well arouse the envy of the gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I was never bullied by the same person more than once except for my evil fcuking sisters. I learnt them good and proper though, good and proper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

OP, you need to avenge yourself on him as soon as you can. You should seek him out and act on your plan or else you will fall into an irreversible sickness and forever consign yourself to a life of forever wondering what could have been.

Only a fool forgives his enemies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,735 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Blay wrote: »
    Some of the best revenge I've ever seen;

Love that. Little fcuker deserved every bit of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Sounds like a poor machine translation.

But in all seriousness, time to get over it. I was bullied pretty bad when I was younger and there was a time when I was very bitter about it but eventually you just have to move forward and get on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

You must become BeakerMan and avenge all those that have been bullied.

beaker.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It's something I often thought about myself, but all of the ones I have met since then are not the same stupid little kids they were. They're not fantastic people or anything, but not particularly bad, mostly just small minded countryside boy racers and I feel it pointless now to even acknowledge they exist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

I met a lad who was a pain in my hole at school, there a year or two ago. I hopped out of my jeep in a filling station and he was walking out to his sh1tbox atra, belly hanging over his trousers and wearing a well known sewer-cleaning companies uniform, looking like a fat, bald beaten auld-lad. I greeted him cheerily, walked past and pmsl as I got my skinny, hairy headed ass a coffee. Karmas a bitch.

Grudges eat you up, not worth the effort. Let the devil take them, better to move on and forget.

I met a lad who was a pain in my hole at school, there a year or two ago. I hopped out of my jeep in a filling station and he was walking out to his sh1tbox atra, belly hanging over his trousers and wearing a well known sewer-cleaning companies uniform, looking like a fat, bald beaten auld-lad. I greeted him cheerily, walked past and pmsl as I got my skinny, hairy headed ass a coffee. Karmas a bitch.

Grudges eat you up, not worth the effort. Let the devil take them, better to move on and forget.

At least you aren't bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Had a lad from the "Special Class" ( it was the early '70's - even teachers were not pc..) thump me around a few times. If I didn't bring him money he would beat the hell out of me. He was a few years older than me - think he was 14 when I was 11. Got a job in a supermarket after school and who comes in with deliveries only yer man. We got into it in the store room but he got the better of me again - I got closer this time though and knew sooner or later I'd "get him"
    That Summer I joined the army, got stronger and tougher and more confident.
    Visiting another barracks one day i ran into yer man - he'd joined up also. Nothing happened bar a bit of slagging - too many witnesses. Years came and went and besides doing guard duty one night and him brought in a s a prisoner I did not see him. After leaving the army I was on the Fire brigade and got a shout one night to a new housing estate. The show house was blazing..... and yer man was the security guard :rolleyes: apparently he had been cold and tried to build a fire with some cast off timber and somehow spilled petrol and one thing led to ,well, an inferno.
    A couple of years later I was looking through the local free paper and read that he had hanged himself. So, no revenge no big win. For some reason it saddens me to think he couldn't find a better way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

At least you aren't bitter.

lol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

“Hanging onto resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.”

"In the long run we inevitably hurt ourselves more than others do. Someone in the past did something that we found hurtful. They did or said something, or failed to do or say something, and we experienced physical or emotional hurt.

It’s bound to happen. Each instance of hurt only happened one time in our past, and yet we have the faculty of memory that allows us to recall that incident over and over, and thus hurt ourselves over and over again. That’s how in the long term we can end up hurting ourselves more than the other person did."

http://www.wildmind.org/blogs/quote-of-the-month/ann-landers-resentment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,638 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Had a lad from the "Special Class" ( it was the early '70's - even teachers were not pc..) thump me around a few times. If I didn't bring him money he would beat the hell out of me. He was a few years older than me - think he was 14 when I was 11. Got a job in a supermarket after school and who comes in with deliveries only yer man. We got into it in the store room but he got the better of me again - I got closer this time though and knew sooner or later I'd "get him"
    That Summer I joined the army, got stronger and tougher and more confident.
    Visiting another barracks one day i ran into yer man - he'd joined up also. Nothing happened bar a bit of slagging - too many witnesses. Years came and went and besides doing guard duty one night and him brought in a s a prisoner I did not see him. After leaving the army I was on the Fire brigade and got a shout one night to a new housing estate. The show house was blazing..... and yer man was the security guard :rolleyes: apparently he had been cold and tried to build a fire with some cast off timber and somehow spilled petrol and one thing led to ,well, an inferno.
    A couple of years later I was looking through the local free paper and read that he had hanged himself. So, no revenge no big win. For some reason it saddens me to think he couldn't find a better way.

Jaysus you saw a lot of him, sure you didn't have a split personality for a few years?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I wonder statistically what percentage of bullies go on to have **** lives? It must be pretty damn high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Fanny Brioscaí

I had a similar chance with a particular bully but i always thought to myself it won't change the pass. I got some satisfaction knowing he's got a hammering a few times since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

beakerjoe wrote: »
    There was this guy made parts secondary school from 3rd to 5th year a misery for me. I was picked on now and then, and eventually I stood up to him in 5th class and fought back. Anyway I had the chance to fight him after school, after the initial fight (well by chance I mean others were egging me on to fight him and give him a few slaps) which i declined. He didnt really bother me from then on but he was still a little prick in general, and I was wondered what Id do if I met him again.

Well I grew up and became a much bigger lad than the little weiner kid I was in school, and Ive had this revenge fantasy that if Id ever see him in town and kick the ****e out of him as he tourmented me for years.

Well this day came, 2 nights ago I saw him in town and I was tempted to go over and say something to him. I literally mulled it over the entire night but eventually the cons of confronting him out weighed the pros and I went home with out saying a word.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Has anyone ever lived out their revenge fantasy?

Personally I still would have loved to knock the bollox outta him but it wouldnt be worth it no matter how much hatred I have for him.

Even after being subjected to this, while volunteering (not actually getting paid to work in that environment yet repeatedly returned out of a sense of duty), I don't have any revenge fantasy.
    I utterly dislike the organisation as a whole right now, but I don't hate any member or wish any malice on any member though.

You really should try and find some inner peace. Maybe take a course to help you deal any with issues you may have, but certainly try and let go of that anger.

Twil be for your own good in the long term,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Which town?

Have a wild fucking guess :rolleyes:

FFS he even has it in his location, as if you didn't already know, this feigned ignorance is cringeworthy shite. Perhaps you truly are ignorant that "town" is a common term for dublin city centre, I know lots of people from outside dublin who use it too, certainly not a secret.

But I don't believe you are ignorant of the fact, as why would you even be curious about what area it was?, its not like its relevant to anything in his story, not like he is saying " there's a bar with free drink tonight in town"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

rubadub wrote: »

FFS he even has it in his location, as if you didn't already know, this feigned ignorance is cringeworthy shite. Perhaps you truly are ignorant that "town" is a common term for dublin city centre, I know lots of people from outside dublin who use it too, certainly not a secret.

But I don't believe you are ignorant of the fact, as why would you even be curious about what area it was?, its not like its relevant to anything in his story, not like he is saying " there's a bar with free drink tonight in town"

You seem upset me oul flower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Success is the best revenge, I swear to god.

Clean, and blowing peoples expectations away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

rubadub wrote: »

Woah there....do you even chill out bro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I was never bullied by the same person more than once except for my evil fcuking sisters. I learnt them good and proper though, good and proper.

Bet you had a good laugh when they were telling their friends how their hair was so shiny because of the new hair conditioner you "got down town"

• Advertisement

SamAK wrote: »
    Woah there....do you even chill out bro?

While the response is OTT the town gag is rapidly reaching Three Fiddy / Yore Ma /Cool Story Bro saturation levels of ubiquity and annoyingness.

anncoates wrote: »
    While the response is OTT the town gag is rapidly reaching Three Fiddy / Yore Ma /Cool Story Bro saturation levels of ubiquity and annoyingness.

But it is After Hours after all????

Maybe people shouldnt refer to Dublin City as "town" then?, nobody would get their wee knickers in a knot over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

wazky wrote: »
    You seem upset me oul flower?

Indeed, my face is sore from cringing.

Maybe people shouldnt refer to Dublin City as "town" then?, nobody would get their wee knickers in a knot over it.

It's only sheep abusers that get worked up about it.

• Advertisement

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Bet you had a good laugh when they were telling their friends how their hair was so shiny because of the new hair conditioner you "got down town"

Yeah, they never saw me coming :cool:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

:rolleyes:

BAA

See above for a non sheep abuser's enraged response.

Maybe tis all the drugs you lads are on in town that has ye stressed out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

I would pursue this scallywag to the ends of the earth. And should I expire ere the deed is done, I would follow his blackened soul into the frozen heart of hell.

Or, I'd just find a better way to spend my energy. Probably the latter.

Maybe tis all the drugs you lads are on in town that has ye stressed out?

It's finding decent ones that has us stressed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Ah now. Stop.

I would pursue this scallywag to the ends of the earth. And should I expire ere the deed is done, I would follow his blackened soul into the frozen heart of hell.

Either that, or, I'd just find a better way to spend my energy.

First option.

And why stop there?

His children, his children's children, and all his descendants for a millennium hence should feel your wrath:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

What were the pros and cons OP? Is it possible that he still just commands a certain fear out of you, and that's why you didn't go over to him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It tends to be very easy. I resented the guys who bullied the ****e out of me during my time in school. I don't resent them anymore but if I see them, I choose to walk the other way.More for the fact that I have no desire to interact with them than any resentment. On the plus side,my decidedly average life is turning out much better than theirs from what I gather.

If one does find that bullying has affected their lives significantly. It is genuinely worth considering counselling of some variety. It can be a very difficult thing to get over,I still have some major trust issues for example. But I am working at it slowly and surely. :)

What were the pros and cons OP? Is it possible that he still just commands a certain fear out of you, and that's why you didn't go over to him?

Are you calling the OP "Chicken"?? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement