Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Pete123456

noble00 wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me once you sign up for rewards does it automatically work , I bought something from JD sports using my card and have not received any email thanks

you have to wait for the transaction to go through, and its probably still pending because of the weekend. once it posts to your account youll probably get the email, provided you met the conditions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Your prob right hopefully it will go through during the week thanks

noble00 wrote: »
    Your prob right hopefully it will go through during the week thanks

youll probably get the email tuesday when the transaction posts monday night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Does a visa debit card work or just a visa card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Does a visa debit card work or just a visa card?

Both debit and credit work

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Both debit and credit work

provided that they are issued by VISA.

This is a Visa program in partnership with AIB :) Its great that we are finally seeing some basic rewards programs in Ireland... in the UK and definitely in the US there are some great reward programs for spending on the card, such as 2% cash back with up to 5% in certain places, and airline miles etc. I would have no problem putting all my spend through one card if it meant i got a percentage back!

Any find out if this is per card or one per customer ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't have any sort of notification or anything that I am getting my topaz cashback.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭quagmire47

Any find out if this is per card or one per customer ?

Just found this in the FAQ:

Q: How many times can I redeem an offer?
    A: Typically the offers can only be redeemed once. Please check the terms of each offer to find out how many times it can be redeemed.

I presume the majority of offers will only be redeemable once.
    Here's the fine print on one of the Lidl offers:

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to spend a minimum of €35 at Lidl. Offer valid in-store for one purchase.

Otherwise, you could split €70 shopping in Lidl into two transactions of €35 and redeem 2 X €10 cash back.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

But if you split the shopping into 2 lots of E35.00 you will only get 1 x E10 back unless you are using 2 seperate Visa Debit cards that are both registered for the scheme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

sooty1 wrote: »
    But if you split the shopping into 2 lots of E35.00 you will only get 1 x E10 back unless you are using 2 seperate Visa Debit cards that are both registered for the scheme.

Even then I have a feeling that once you have used the offer with one card it will disappear for the other (if you have two AIB cards I mean).

I've just used the Lidl offer with my CC so will see if it is still available on the DC when it goes through now.

I imagine you would be ok if you have a PTSB card and an AIB card to use say the Topaz offer twice (same offer exists on both systems). It's possible that Visa will be tracking the cards by person across banks but I doubt it. I'll check that out in the next few days and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,576 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have my 2 cards registered under separate email addresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

For those people getting the "Please enter a valid AIB Visa Card" response when trying to register, try changing the password you are trying to create. I initially tried with a password that had letters, numbers, and other characters/symbols in it. It failed each time across two different browsers.

I removed the characters/symbols, to use just letters and numbers, and it finally worked. Stupid of them to seemingly disallow a commonly used password format but I'm sure they "take your security very seriously" ...or similarly meaningless words to that effect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

doozerie wrote: »
    For those people getting the "Please enter a valid AIB Visa Card" response when trying to register, try changing the password you are trying to create. I initially tried with a password that had letters, numbers, and other characters/symbols in it. It failed each time across two different browsers.

I removed the characters/symbols, to use just letters and numbers, and it finally worked. Stupid of them to seemingly disallow a commonly used password format but I'm sure they "take your security very seriously" ...or similarly meaningless words to that effect :)

You sure, I thought they specifically mentioned that PW should have Letters/Numbers and characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Being such a loyal BOI customer I'm starting to think of switching:
    - no reward cards
    - no Apple Pay
    - no mobile app with charge notification (3-4 days lag before it appears online)
    - no security tokens
    - etc....

OMG, when will they upgrade?

Sorry of off topic, just can't stand it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

I registered my AIB debit with no issue&have already redemmed Lidl offer so so far so good there but with my credit[visa platinum]it wont accept the number.Keeps saying that it invalid.But i suppose not matter so much once there is at least one working card there for offers :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭tracey1098

Anyone having an issue registering a visa debit card? It would only accept my credit card number.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

tracey1098 wrote: »
    Anyone having an issue registering a visa debit card? It would only accept my credit card number.
    Try again tomorrow. That's what I did, and it worked the second day, using same password etc. The activation code is live for 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

You sure, I thought they specifically mentioned that PW should have Letters/Numbers and characters.

From what I recall it mentions letters and numbers only. It certainly let me create a password with just those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Still haven't gotten an email saying im my €10 is on its way (spend over 100 quid in H&M on Sunday) Does it take longer for Credit Cards to apply the promotion. Or do i actually have to pay it off for it to apply ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭NinetyForNone

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Still haven't gotten an email saying im my €10 is on its way (spend over 100 quid in H&M on Sunday) Does it take longer for Credit Cards to apply the promotion. Or do i actually have to pay it off for it to apply ?
    Did you opt in to get notifications?
    you can also view a/c on-line - aib.visaoffers.eu

I did my Lidl shopping on Saturday and I got the mail confirming the "we're processing your cash back" this morning.

I did my Lidl shopping on Saturday and I got the mail confirming the "we're processing your cash back" this morning.

Credit or debit card?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Credit or debit card?

Credit Card and the offer has gone off my page now, so it's definitely one/card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭sylvanb

Bought items from Boots on Thursday, received an e-mail from AIB last night stating that the cashback is being processed

• Advertisement

Can someone confirm receipt of two or more rewards-cash-backs in the same store? Thinking of getting AIB card myself and wondering. Does it have to be platinum card? https://aib.ie/our-products/credit-cards, this page saying cash back rewards only working for Platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Can someone confirm receipt of two or more cash backs in the same store? Thinking of getting AIB card myself and wondering. Does it have to be platinum card? https://aib.ie/our-products/credit-cards, this page saying cash back rewards only working for Platinum.

That's separate cash back reward which is 0.5% on all your spending. Min spend 5000 per year.

If you get a platinum card you can get both the cash back and the rewards.

Applying for AIB card now, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Thanks OP
    just registered no problem
    filled up in Topaz yesterday though so might be to late for that, but will see as the transaction hasn't hit the card yet
    Lidl offer showing valid till 23rd May for me

Now, do you have to go in and view all these offers for them to become valid, or will they automatically work if you make the relevant spend?

Eg. If I don't log into the site and then an offer comes up for Dunnes and I don't even know anything about it. Then I do my shopping in Dunnes. Will they just give me the credit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got my tenner from a €39 Lidl spend on Saturday thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I added a 2nd card (visa debit) will this work or is it just the credit card that works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I got the email for my €5 from Topaz from when I filled up on Friday and it's showing on the website, but nothing has gone in to my account as of today.

I find a lot of the offers a bit meh to be honest, lots from shops I've never visited and have no intention of ever visiting, and a good few for shops I've never even heard of. It's supposed to be based on my purchase history, but I can see little evidence of that.

JonnyM wrote: »
    I added a 2nd card (visa debit) will this work or is it just the credit card that works?

As far as I'm aware both Debit Card and Credit Card's are eligible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

When I sign in I'm getting: Sorry, no offers available right now. Please come back soon!

But the other day there was plenty of offers to choose from, anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭lovelyhurler

I just signed up and all of the offers on my dashboard say that they're valid until May 23rd.

I have 1 credit and 2 debit cards attached to the system, which card will get (any) credit due back?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone get a reward from Smyths?
    Spent money there on Wednesday, no word yet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭Nollog

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone get a reward from Smyths?
    Spent money there on Wednesday, no word yet...

Online only. Can't even click and collect. Lame reward really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Crunchienut

Alun wrote: »
    It's supposed to be based on my purchase history, but I can see little evidence of that.

Agreed, most of my offers are from stores I never purchased from before and from reading through this thread I suspect most of us got the same offers.

Having said that I'm not complaining about my tenner from Lidl and fiver from Topaz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭suave.4u

I just signed up and all of the offers on my dashboard say that they're valid until May 23rd.

I have 1 credit and 2 debit cards attached to the system, which card will get (any) credit due back?

Not sure how this works. I have created 2 accounts for my 2 cards; seems to be the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Not sure why people are not getting this. You have one time use 'awards' for each card registered, regardless if they are registered on the same or different accounts. The key here is that each card has a unique number and that's how it's tracked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

I always find it strange when people give out about free things

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Online only. Can't even click and collect. Lame reward really.

Ah balls, didn't realise that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

My local Topaz isn't on the list, which I didn't realise til after I filled up with Petrol. But got an email this morning to say the cashback is being processed!

I've registered both my visa debit card and my husbands to the one rewards account. When I log in, it says the first few offers are only available on my card. Others available on all cards. Probably would be better off with 2 rewards accounts.

Whch list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

TheDriver wrote:
    Whch list?

Well for the Topaz offer anyway, it had a map I think of all the stores the offer applied to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Got the email this morning at 2AM, its slow but it works

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Well for the Topaz offer anyway, it had a map I think of all the stores the offer applied to.

Is that on the rewards page? I looked for it few days ago but didn't see it. My local topaz is not owned by topaz and payment is always a weird company name so don't know how they'd know it was topaz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Filled up on diesel in topaz last Thursday 4th May and paid with my Aib visa credit card.
    Transaction hit my card on Monday for the cost of the diesel, and my 5 euro refund hit my credit cad this morning .. happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I've registered both my visa debit card and my husbands to the one rewards account. When I log in, it says the first few offers are only available on my card. Others available on all cards. Probably would be better off with 2 rewards accounts.
    Same here, most of the offers are for my card only, probably because it gets used the most, and only a few are for any card on the account. None are for just my wife's card.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    Same here, most of the offers are for my card only, probably because it gets used the most, and only a few are for any card on the account. None are for just my wife's card.

When I registered my second card it took a day or two but eventually all offers ended up being available for both cards.

Advertisement