Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2019, 15:45   #4561
Holly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav11 View Post
Did the same and cancelled after at least 25 years with them. Got Vodafone installed today, very happy with it so far, at almost 1/3 the cost of VM
I also see that VM have removed the Boards "Talk to..." section since yesterday. The boardsie VM reps were the only way to get something done.
Glad to be rid of this company!!
What time of day did the Vodafone engineer arrive?
I am supposed to be getting it installed today, but the engineer hasn’t showed up yet.
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 16:55   #4562
Mav11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly13 View Post
What time of day did the Vodafone engineer arrive?
I am supposed to be getting it installed today, but the engineer hasn’t showed up yet.
Hi Holly. Had a slot between 9am to 1pm. Rang me around 10am and arrived about 10.15am. Must say very helpful and efficient!!!!
06-12-2019, 17:01   #4563
Nokia6230i

In terms of cancelling; when should I do it?

Virgin Bill goes out at the end of the month so this month it's Tuesday the 31st of December, New Years Eve.

But I **think** billing period, and therefore coverage, is from 14th of one month to 14th of next?

So too late to cancel for this month but I want to be gone in January; I also want to time it right with Vodafone to make sure I'm not left without coverage; all I have is a laptop & use it for everything including watching TV.
06-12-2019, 17:30   #4564
Holly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav11 View Post
Hi Holly. Had a slot between 9am to 1pm. Rang me around 10am and arrived about 10.15am. Must say very helpful and efficient!!!!
Thanks for reply. I had a slot from 9.00 to 17.00. Rang customer care at 4pm to see if engineer was coming. They told me they couldn’t check and to wait til 5. No show. Rang to cancel order/account at 5pm and they told me the cancellation team finis at 5pm! Lol, definitely cancelling on Monday!
06-12-2019, 17:34   #4565
Holly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokia6230i View Post
In terms of cancelling; when should I do it?

Virgin Bill goes out at the end of the month so this month it's Tuesday the 31st of December, New Years Eve.

But I **think** billing period, and therefore coverage, is from 14th of one month to 14th of next?

So too late to cancel for this month but I want to be gone in January; I also want to time it right with Vodafone to make sure I'm not left without coverage; all I have is a laptop & use it for everything including watching TV.
I would be careful with Vodafone if you work Mon- Fri 9-5. They only do installation during these times. Engineer did not show up for me today. Customer care team are in India and can’t really do anything to help
Advertisement
06-12-2019, 19:16   #4566
what the hell!

Quote:
I would be careful with Vodafone if you work Mon- Fri 9-5. They only do installation during these times. Engineer did not show up for me today. Customer care team are in India and can’t really do anything to help
They do installations too all day on a Saturday and I’ve always been speaking to Irish people when I call and they’ve always been very helpful.
Thanks from:
06-12-2019, 19:41   #4567
Holly13

Quote:
Originally Posted by what the hell! View Post
They do installations too all day on a Saturday and I’ve always been speaking to Irish people when I call and they’ve always been very helpful.
Really? I ordered broadband only and online. Was told they don’t do Saturday installation and they tried to reschedule my installation appointment for Monday. The people who call me to confirm installation appointment are Irish, but am instructed to call 1907 with problems which is customer care in India.
06-12-2019, 21:13   #4568
Mav11

Quote:
Really? I ordered broadband only and online. Was told they don’t do Saturday installation and they tried to reschedule my installation appointment for Monday. The people who call me to confirm installation appointment are Irish, but am instructed to call 1907 with problems which is customer care in India.
It wasn't VF who carried out the installation for me. I was contacted by Openeir yesterday to say that their service providers Kuen and Nagel (KN) would be along today. AFAIK VF only provide the router by post and eir carries out the commissioning as they own the network.

BTW VF still working great!!!

Last edited by Mav11; 06-12-2019 at 21:15. Reason: typo
06-12-2019, 21:32   #4569
what the hell!

Oh maybe it’s only Siro that they do on a Saturday so. I don’t know how people are supposed to do weekday installations.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion