Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

I cancelled and it says account terminated on their portal but the landline still works, can call out & recieve, anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

mean gene wrote: »
    with virgin want to change to sky but i have no landline here which i presume you need -would sky put in the landline if you moved to them

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

mean gene wrote: »
    with virgin want to change to sky but i have no landline here which i presume you need -would sky put in the landline if you moved to them

We’re stuck with VM for bb as the phone line goes missing just as it comes into our house?! When we first moved in Sky came out to install but couldn’t find the line then they sent a more senior technician out but he reckons it’s in the walls somewhere so they’d have to make holes in it and we’d need to replanted and paint so have stuck with VM

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

We’re stuck with VM for bb as the phone line goes missing just as it comes into our house?! When we first moved in Sky came out to install but couldn’t find the line then they sent a more senior technician out but he reckons it’s in the walls somewhere so they’d have to make holes in it and we’d need to replanted and paint so have stuck with VM

Something similar here, our apartments phone lines are fecked for some reason, so I can't go through the cancellation dance, because VM are my only option. They don't know that though, so the back and forth every year continues :)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

theintern wrote: »
    Something similar here, our apartments phone lines are fecked for some reason, so I can't go through the cancellation dance, because VM are my only option. They don't know that though, so the back and forth every year continues :)

As a follow up, I just got 44 for 9 months, and 54 for the last three for just naked 240 broadband without TV or anything else. Instantly offered. Said I'd think about it but took it after a few hours because of how easy it was, and I was happy enough to leave it at that for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Am cancelling tomorrow; what they did tell me is the offer, €29 for 6 or 9 months & €59 for the balance won't be available once cancellation's initiated.

As I'm out of contract though should or shouldn't I be able waive the 30 Days Notice and cancel immediately?

In terms of actual disconnection how accurate are they; like will it be Sunday the 8th of March (30 Days....by my Maths....!)?

Want to make sure I actually have a replacement service, Vodafone looking likely in place rather than being without service; I've no TV so everythiing goes through my laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I went to cancel and was offered some terrible deal for like 70 euro so I just instantly told them I wish to close. Will be signing up with my partners details instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭GBX

n1ck wrote: »
    I went to cancel and was offered some terrible deal for like 70 euro so I just instantly told them I wish to close. Will be signing up with my partners details instead.

I need to call them as my year is up. We can only go with Virgin in our estate. If I get my fiance to sign up in her name, will I have to cancel and return equipment and reconnected or can they just switch account details over?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

GBX wrote: »
    I need to call them as my year is up. We can only go with Virgin in our estate. If I get my fiance to sign up in her name, will I have to cancel and return equipment and reconnected or can they just switch account details over?

You'll have to send equipment back and they'll send you new stuff out then. I'll be doing same as they offered 6 month half price and 6 months full which is 70/80 more than the new customer price over the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Darby_321

HI Guys, its taht time of year again to negotiate our deal with virgin.

Last year i got 250mb broadband plus home phone for 29 euro for 9 months and 59 euro after that which has now gone up to 62.50 with the price increase.
    Looking to get something similar again this year. Just wondering are people still getting the discount for 9 months or are they only going as far as a 6 month discount.

Have vodafone 1gb SIRO in the area so i am planning on using that to try and get them down as much as possible again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I got no offers when I tried. Just haven't got around to cancelling it. Dropped TV last year.

fletch wrote: »
    My renewal was €62.50 a month for 240MB BB, so €750 for the year. Took 3 phone calls but got them down a good bit

Call 1 offer - €44 for 6 months then €59 thereafter = so €618p.a
    Call 2 offer - €44 for 9 months then €59 thereafter = so €573p.a
    Call 3 offer - €29.50 for 6 months then €59 thereafter = so €531p.a

Pressed for a further discount but was told that was the highest loyalty discount on offer. Still not bad, a €220 saving for a few minutes on the phone. Now to do it all over again for my parents :)

Rang twice now and still the highest they offered me was 44 for 9 months and 59 after that. I told her i know other people have been given better offer than that but she said thats all she can offer.

Told them that vodafone and siro is a much cheaper deal but still no movement.

Anything else i should try to try and get better offer?

Cancel it.

beauf wrote: »
    Cancel it.

i wouldnt mind but we are moving into a new house in a month or two and i know the house is set up for virgin broadband so would preferably would just be able to move into new house and have the internet sorted already without having to go in and then try and get vodafone in straight away to put in their access point.

Last few years I never get deal until the last day of the 30 days cancellation period.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

My VM is due to be cut off today. Ordered TV and Broadband from Vodafone a week ago and still nothing bar the immediate, automated receipt email; no account number or tracking to say when the equipment is due to be delivered.

I was onto Vodafone today for an update but they had no info. If anyone has changed to Vodafone recently how long did it take for the stuff to arrive? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

johnnykilo wrote: »
    My VM is due to be cut off today. Ordered TV and Broadband from Vodafone a week ago and still nothing bar the immediate, automated receipt email; no account number or tracking to say when the equipment is due to be delivered.

I was onto Vodafone today for an update but they had no info. If anyone has changed to Vodafone recently how long did it take for the stuff to arrive? Thanks!

Ordered TV and broadband from Vodafone last Tuesday evening and they're due to install tomorrow afternoon. Received my account number, etc last Wednesday and have my contracts etc available on the MyVodafone app. So far, so good. VM due to be cut off on the 23rd. Not one call from VM since I requested cancellation via twitter/email as I rang several times to cancel by phone but on hold for ages and couldn't get to speak to anyone..

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

€79 per month for 500mb broadband and Mix TV. Package is called Virgin Mix TV. Best I could get and with no alternative provider had to take. The Loyalty Team member I was speaking to said they had tried the new V6 box in house now and it is rolling out soon. They will be offering existing customers a free box swap. That's been spoken about for a while, so taking with a pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Are these deals only available after your first twelve months?

My bill is about to go to €90 p/m

Seems random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

johnnykilo wrote: »

Changed in December, 3 to 4 days for installation. Router came first in the post followed up by the engineer. Very efficient in my case!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

@wonderboysam Yes I was going out of the first year "introductory" offer. My bill would have been €90+ too if I didn't renew. Ended up dropping phone, upping BB and lowering the TV package, but between all the streaming services (Netflix, Prime and Disney+) I didn't mind that. My neighbour was offered the same deal when he rang them, but again was in the same boat as me, no alternative provider and they seem to know it!

Just gave my cancellation notice.

Yar wan on the phone told me there's gonna be a big upgrade to their TV and broadband packages around June and it'll be much better than what anyone is offering. In fairness to the loyalty people that I've spoken to, they seem to know that the TV side of things is a killer for a lot of people. The broadband is the selling point.

Yar wan did try to sell me a SIM deal. She asked me how much I was paying a month and I told her I was with GoMo. She just started laughing. I admire the hustle.

I'll probably end up keeping the broadband but definitely moving to Sky for the TV.

Until the GoMo the VM sim was great.
    When I cancelled mine, they implied they might be able to reduce it.
    But I'm happy enough on GoMo so I didn't ask about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Vodafone 500mb fibre and tv installed this afternoon. Took about 1hr 15 mins. They had to run a cable along the skirting for the tv box and spent a bit of time outside bringing it in. Quick response and good tv interface. Wireless speeds of 264Mbs in the sitting room where the Gigabox modem is located.

Happy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Gerlad wrote: »
    Vodafone 500mb fibre and tv installed this afternoon. Took about 1hr 15 mins. They had to run a cable along the skirting for the tv box and spent a bit of time outside bringing it in. Quick response and good tv interface. Wireless speeds of 264Mbs in the sitting room where the Gigabox modem is located.

Happy so far.

Buy a half decent router and you'll be able to leave the sitting room...

Tried for the third time today to ring their loyalty team to try and get a better deal than they were offering which was €44 for 9 months and €59 after that for the naked 250 broadband. I mentioned that the online offer that they have for new customers is €35 for 6 months and €59 after that and was told by their person that this is not true and that offer is gone now but it is still clearly advertised online. So he was lying to me about their offers.

Eventually just got annoyed with him unwilling to help me at all so told him to cancel my contract.

Will just sign up as new customer id say to get the better offer but is there anything to be done for them lying about the offers that they have at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

I think it just depends on who you get, was been charged €62.50 for 250 BB and phone, first offer was €49 p.m. for 6 months, said no and that someone in work got better offer, then offered €32.50 for 6 months and then back up to €62.50 for next 6 which I took. The whole phone call only lasted about 8 minutes which I was pleased with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

very true depends on person you get, what i do is usually call back next day or few hours later, theres decent people working and those that dont give 2 fingers really.

ex: last year canceled before November months notice etc, couple weeks before cancellation got call and sure 9mo offered just for BB as i dont use other bundles.

then date came and i was cut off, lack of communication, but call and hour later patched back in, whats interesting thou, they signed me up again on new contract, not sure whats the deal with that, and took full months pay, even thou only prepaid half, but afterwards didnt pay for 1 month, kinda weird as it worked out that i got one month entirely free, no half amount taken from account, guessing downside will be next year as could come back to bite me in extra month longer contract, then again, if going by date should end on time as all the previous years :confused:

anyhow moral of story with VM 8yrs and if they wouldnt jerk off on price each year and would keep it steady price, cant really complain, as service goes their uptime is 99%, and decent service if any works done, well maybe hub3 could be thrown out, but until siro seriously takes inciatve to get their support and customer services in place VM seems best. VF is great either on siro but a lot depends on location and who does install and setup as seen people who had to wait nearly month until decent tech would come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

I dread this phone call every year with these.

My contract is up next month and the bill will be €121 a month.

They offered 9 months at €106 and then the €121 for the last 3 months.

That's for 250 Mb broadband, world talk, home phone, virgin full house , sky sports and one multi room.

I just said i wasn't happy with that and i would get back to them.

What would be a reasonable deal for that be instead of the offer they gave?

Advertisement