Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo - New MVNO on eir Network

Options
  • 15-10-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭

https://gomo.ie/

Offering All Data, All Calls, and All Texts for first 100,000 customers for €9.99 per month.

Owned by eir, but running it independently. Don't expect any stores- it's online only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

80GB data - https://gomo.ie/terms

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

https://gomo.ie/

Offering All Data, All Calls, and All Texts for first 100,000 customers for €9.99 per month.

Owned by eir, but running it independently. Don't expect any stores- it's online only.

So They merger Eir and meteor for efficiency and then decided to setup a new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Signed up for this deal myself. The activation date will be next month. I will let you know how I get on and if there are any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Essentially, it's a relaunch of meteor.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I just signed up for their Sim only plan a few weeks ago. Got it at €9.99 for 12 months as I renewed my broadband at the same time. Probably make sense to switch to this because of the "for life" element.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've signed up... already on Eir, so not a big move. Data is throttled to 10mb/sec, but my work phone gets less than 4mb/sec on Vodafone anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've signed up... already on Eir, so not a big move. Data is throttled to 10mb/sec, but my work phone gets less than 4mb/sec on Vodafone anyway...

No it’s not. They have to state that. All other providers do the same.
    https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Is this plan as a monthly bill? Or top up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ldr wrote: »
    Is this plan as a monthly bill?

It's a 30 day rolling contact

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

I expect the billing of €9.99 is per calendar month rather than for 30 days.

The fair usage clause is for 45,000 minutes but does not say if this is per month or for the lifetie of the contract.

"Unlimited minutes and text allowances where applicable in the SIM Only Service are subject to a fair usage policy of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone know how this compares to out of plan rates of an Eir Sim Only plan? I'm on the €25 10Gb plan they recently got rid of.

Curious to know their roaming and date rates Vs Eir's pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

A once off non-refundable SIM activation fee applies to the SIM Only Service and will be charged upfront as part of the order process

What does that mean? and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

It's €9.99...and it's in plain view when you order a Sim.
    It's in the FAQ's under "joining and getting started".

They don't try to hide it somewhere, so that you would only see it after purchasing the Sim.

edit; It does appear to be just a Sim purchase charge....under a different name. I think nearly all the Mobile Operators in Ireland are charging for a new Sim now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

So €9.99 but is that you up and running then until 30 days after that when you need to top up by another €9.99? Is the SIM usable immediately?

Thanks

madmoe wrote: »
    So €9.99 but is that you up and running then until 30 days after that when you need to top up by another €9.99? Is the SIM usable immediately?

Thanks

The sim will be useable straight away if getting a new number. It might take a short amount of time to port your number over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

All calls
    All data
    All texts

There has to be a cap there? Is that all calls to other networks etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

It's a 30 day rolling contract. If Eir mess up (and from my experience of them, they could), at least I can leave quickly.

So, I am taking a chance and signed up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 alke

Just spotted the my eir simplicity prepay €20 for all calls and texts and 20GB data has Jumped to 80GB data overnight. That wasn't announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just spotted the my eir simplicity prepay €20 for all calls and texts and 20GB data has Jumped to 80GB data overnight. That wasn't announced!

That's 'no limits' data that was introduced a few weeks ago.
    https://www.eir.ie/mobile/prepay/

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Neworder79

Eir Mobile customers paying €15(6mths) "No limits data" (80GB fair use)
    Eir Mobile broadband customers stuck paying €30 for max of 50GB (+€15 top up every time you watch Netflix)!

MOGO €10 for 80GB looks attractive in contrast. But will we be able to use MOGO sim in an eir broadband router without getting throttled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Am I too late to the party?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone got the APN details for GoMo? I've just put it into a dual SIM phone and selected SIM 2 for data but no APN info there.

Thanks!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Am on eir 30 day rolling contract for €20pm, thought about switching but means I'd lose the free eir sport app (that I sling to my TV at home) :(

pg17 wrote: »
    I expect the billing of €9.99 is per calendar month rather than for 30 days.

The fair usage clause is for 45,000 minutes but does not say if this is per month or for the lifetie of the contract.

"Unlimited minutes and text allowances where applicable in the SIM Only Service are subject to a fair usage policy of 45,000 minutes and 10,000 SMS"

GoMO confirmed to me that the 45,000 minutes is per month. :)

It really is a cracking deal. I'm have my sim and just waiting until November to port over. How have people been finding the reception? Any issues with speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It really is a cracking deal. I'm have my sim and just waiting until November to port over. How have people been finding the reception? Any issues with speeds?

The thread over in BA has a lot of feedback but in general people seem happy enough.

Can people using the GoMO network with an email address on the @eircom.ie domain connect their e-mail client such as Outlook or Android Mail to the eircom email server ?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

There should be no issue with incoming mail so long as your settings are correct. The issue might be with sending mail as the Eir SMTP server might not recognise your GoMo as being on its network . You could of course simply connect to Eir webmail through your mobiles browser and work from there .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The thread over in BA has a lot of feedback but in general people seem happy enough.

Pardon my ignorance but what is BA ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

cal60 wrote: »
    Pardon my ignorance but what is BA ?

Bargain alerts forum

Advertisement