Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&R Walrus sign-up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Right my entry is in. The dice is rolled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Is there still room? Nice categories G&R.

ETA: In and quickly done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

hope i'm in on time, gotta pop my cherry sometime at a Walrus

Just spotted the 20th as the date, so yeah well in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

A whole week to go!

14 entries so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

In there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

Whilst I whole heartedly agree with your principal, Banjo, that cheddar cheese song sounds as bad as Tammy's vodka song, it better not win :p

Em excuse me EN! Stop giving me stick over that song. I'm aware of how bad it is :D

I chose Vodka strategically. I couldn't just waltz in on my first Walrus and annihilate all you regulars :p so I decided to just come second ;) 🙂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I've pm'ed an entry, so as long as it's accepted, I'm in...

Entries still open for another few days if anyone is on the fence about submitting an entry

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Can we submit a 2nd entry under an assumed name? I'm not asking for me, but my friend Joban was really interested.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I’m intending to submit. I just haven’t yet. Please don’t close just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Entry is IN

may god have mercy on your soul.

Up to 19 now, QB can bring that up to a round 20

Some real turds in for the first album picks, teenager boardsies had some terrible tastes

Green&Red wrote: »
    Some real turds in for the first album picks, teenager boardsies had some terrible tastes

Oh yeah...

dont-judge-me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,723 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcT0a1g_qgaUqWrtFE88ov8cZRdUhN4G7VL6uTa2_uJWs9jXm6l6

My first was a Now That's What I Call Music, so I went with that for this round, but the first two real albums I bought (at the same time) were Nevermind and Bob Marley, Legend. I don't know how it happened!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Had??

I'll have you know my tastes are still awful :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,281 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Teenager? I bought my first album from my Communion money. Not only would I be showing my age, but my taste has changed quite a bit since I was seven. :D

giphy.gif

Minifixxxer had excellent music taste and :D

Keeping things spoiler free, the second album i ever bought was No Limits by Two Unlimited :D

fixxxer wrote: »
    Minifixxxer had excellent music taste and :D

Keeping things spoiler free, the second album i ever bought was No Limits by Two Unlimited :D

No no no no no no no no no no...:o

Pretzill wrote: »
    No no no no no no no no no no...:o

No no limits we reach for the SKY
    no valley too DEEP
    no mountain too HIGH

So good :D

• Advertisement

I will. I promise! When is it closing?

I didn't buy my first album until I was 20.

Up until then I relied on music recorded from the radio. I suppose I *could* pick something from the first mixed tape I made?

quickbeam wrote: »
    I will. I promise! When is it closing?

I didn't buy my first album until I was 20.

Up until then I relied on music recorded from the radio. I suppose I *could* pick something from the first mixed tape I made?

Kids these days don't know the pain of sitting eagerly, waiting for your song to come on fingers hovering over the REC button, only for the bastard DJ to talk all over it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Did anyone have a tape deck where it could record you talking and you could create your own 'radio station' by splicing in songs in between the sh1te talk :D

No.... just me then :o

No. Nothing that fancy.

I still have all my mixed tapes. This would have been made from about 1990 onwards.

quickbeam wrote: »
    No. Nothing that fancy.

I still have all my mixed tapes. This would have been made from about 1990 onwards.

I still have loads of them my hubby made for me to woo me back in the early 90's. It worked! :D

Necro wrote: »
    Did anyone have a tape deck where it could record you talking and you could create your own 'radio station' by splicing in songs in between the sh1te talk :D

I had a reel to reel but only when I got a bit older, I was an editor for a living for some time so was well used to splicing tape and sticking it back together again.

Had a mono slab "press play and record" tape I used to hold up to the radio to record, so we could talk over the DJ, then graduated to my dad's reel to reel with big can headphones and a half decent mic. But I was too self conscious about the mic at that point.

High speed dubbing on my sister's ghetto blaster changed my life. But ended up selotaping a lot of C90s back together. Had no idea you could do that for a living!

Banjo wrote: »
    Had no idea you could do that for a living!

In the days before digital you had no choice :)

Banjo wrote: »
    Had a mono slab "press play and record" tape I used to hold up to the radio to record, so we could talk over the DJ, then graduated to my dad's reel to reel with big can headphones and a half decent mic. But I was too self conscious about the mic at that point.

High speed dubbing on my sister's ghetto blaster changed my life. But ended up selotaping a lot of C90s back together. Had no idea you could do that for a living!

Ha, we just had a double cassette player that you could set to record yourself talking. Then with the other side you could record music onto it to give it a proper feel :D

I became a dab hand at switching the setting so the music would kick in at the right time after a little while :pac:

It passed a winter for a few of us anyways, that's all that matters :P

• Advertisement

It passed a winter for a few of us anyways, that's all that matters :P

Advertisement