Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Well if they want to refine it I'll gladly store it in my petrol tank for free :pac:

Will you store the diesel, Kero, and every other chemical in your petrol tank as well?

That's just it.. they don't want to refine it, because there's no demand.

There's noone to buy it. They have nowhere to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

davidk1394 wrote: »
    114.8 a litre in Circle K today in Carrick on Suir.

That's cheap fuel.

mikeecho wrote: »
    Will you store the diesel, Kero, and every other chemical in your petrol tank as well?

That's just it.. they don't want to refine it, because there's no demand.

There's noone to buy it. They have nowhere to keep it.
    Wonder would it be viable to buy another tank and store kero ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A lad I know actually did that. He bought one of those large square containers that you see for sale at Clara market etc. Holds 750 ltrs I believe.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A lad I know actually did that. He bought one of those large square containers that you see for sale at Clara market etc. Holds 750 ltrs I believe.

I actually never thought of an ibc tank. I was thinking of an actual oil tank. That's a fookin A1 idea. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Just make sure that no one sees you getting it or the kero delivered. A lot of big tanks don't stay full for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I actually never thought of an ibc tank. I was thinking of an actual oil tank. That's a fookin A1 idea. Thanks
    That's it, an ibc tank.

That's exactly what I'm planning on... I'm actually thinking of getting 2 IBC's

Just make sure that you get the adaptor for the tap, that you can connect a hose to.
    It'll make it easier to transfer into drums etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HBPHLDK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_qv0NEbQD1X0FV

Or similar.

Also.. remember that the extra carbon tax is being applied on 1st may.
    It'll be an extra 2c /L for kero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

Thanks for that, gonna get a order in before then.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

That's exactly what I'm planning on... I'm actually thinking of getting 2 IBC's

Just make sure that you get the adaptor for the tap, that you can connect a hose to.
    It'll make it easier to transfer into drums etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HBPHLDK/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_qv0NEbQD1X0FV

Or similar.

I've located 1000L IBCs, used once, for €40.00 each. I'll be putting blanking fittings on the bottom outlet and pumping from them into the main storage tank. I've been doing it this way for the last few years (I have two extra tanks sitting on the tarmac beside the main tank).

Are IBCs safe enough for kerosene?

Word is that the price will continue to fall. Any opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Fann Linn wrote: »
    That's it, an ibc tank.

How much does one of these cost?

I've located 1000L IBCs, used once, for €40.00 each. I'll be putting blanking fittings on the bottom outlet and pumping from them into the main storage tank. I've been doing it this way for the last few years (I have two extra tanks sitting on the tarmac beside the main tank).

Are IBCs safe enough for kerosene?

Word is that the price will continue to fall. Any opinions?

Well they're used to transport everything from wine to acid to molasses.
    I've even seen a few building sites store green diesel in them, and I'm think I've even seen them being used as a full time storage solution for kero , piped and all to a boiler.
    Cape Clear wrote: »
    How much does one of these cost?

I've seen them on DD for €40,. But you wouldn't know their history.

I know of a place locally that sells them for €50 , and they are fairly new, might only have been used once.

I've a friend making enquiries tomorrow about their availability.

As for any further drop in price.. maybe.. prices change on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭deezell

Emo in Enfield 108.9 cent/litre, filled the horse for €67

I've been told that all 3 stations in carrigaline, cork are 1.089 for diesel.

Haven't seen it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Well they're used to transport everything from wine to acid to molasses.
    I've even seen a few building sites store green diesel in them, and I'm think I've even seen them being used as a full time storage solution for kero , piped and all to a boiler.

I've seen them on DD for €40,. But you wouldn't know their history.

I know of a place locally that sells them for €50 , and they are fairly new, might only have been used once.

I've a friend making enquiries tomorrow about their availability.

As for any further drop in price.. maybe.. prices change on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
    usually sold by people of culture

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭CoBo55

It's that here in Enniscorthy, probably lower in newline they're always about 2c below the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭deezell

shanec1928 wrote: »
    usually sold by people of culture

Now now, give them some credit, they're only having a hundred at funerals now, down by 80%, very responsible.

IMG-20200426-WA0003.jpg
    ul115.5
    d107.5
    IMG-20200426-WA0002.jpg
    d107.9
    ul116.9

Carrigaline, cork.

Not known for being the cheapest stations about.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Maxol in Ardcavan Wexford have reached the magic 99..9 for Diesel, 110.9 for Petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Maxol in Ardcavan Wexford have reached the magic 99..9 for Diesel, 110.9 for Petrol.

Dublin must be an outlier then. Cheapest I saw yesterday was 128.9 for unleaded and that was across 4 filling stations between Tallaght and Walkinstown. Diesel was 118.9 in the same places. Looks like the drop hasn't happened here at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

115.5 for petrol all over D8, KCR and Harolds Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

KOR101 wrote: »
    115.5 for petrol all over D8, KCR and Harolds Cross.

Must just be local to me then that haven't bothered passing on the drop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭easyvision

Miscreant wrote: »

Yes everywhere round me is 118.9 still for diesel. I’d say either they using up old stock as it’s not selling fast or just plain price gouging as they know most people don’t know how cheap it is other places as they aren’t travelling around as much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

easyvision wrote: »
    Yes everywhere round me is 118.9 still for diesel. I’d say either they using up old stock as it’s not selling fast or just plain price gouging as they know most people don’t know how cheap it is other places as they aren’t travelling around as much
    I think a lot of the pricing is based on delivery cost. Long gaps between delivery ATM, I suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭ofcork

Paid 117.1 for diesel in whites cross on Saturday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Miscreant wrote: »

It’s the same around me. 1.28-1.30 in any of the stations I passed at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

Same near me. Most are hovering are around 117.9 for diesel. One station is down at 1.15 for diesel and 1.25 for petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭LRNM

Paying 116.9 for petrol in circle k at present. 118.9 in applegreen.

Up the road applegreen and texaco still have petrol as 131.9 for the past month.

Absolute chancers.

A friend who owns a petrol station told me that his sale of fuel is 20% of what it used to be.
    Diesel is selling (slowly) , but he hasn't bought new petrol since mid march.

He's stuck with higher priced fuel until he can shift what he has.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Advertisement