Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

recyclebin wrote: »
    Diesel down to 1.138 in Applegreen in Foxford, Co. Mayo. Meanwhile the Castlebar cartel still have it all within 1c of 1.30 (correct at of midday today)
    Prices this low last seen 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

117.9 for diesel at the KCR in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭vectra

deezell wrote: »
    Prices this low last seen 2009

2016 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Tesco Clearwater 1.38 for diesel. How is that forecourt still open ?

vectra wrote: »
    2016 ;)

You're right, I'd forgotten about that Opec/Fracking/Brexit hiccup, culminating in Trump. World gone to hell in a handcart since. Prices over the years. 2007-9 were volatile, but averaged at the general level of todays low price. This current hiccup probably the same, probably will last as briefly as 2016 and may end the year similarly, with a Brexit/ Trump finale. Old Oilman's saying; "The cure for low oil prices is low oil prices". Here's a handy list.

505684.jpg

• Advertisement

You're right, I'd forgotten about that Opec/Fracking/Brexit hiccup, culminating in Trump. World gone to hell in a handcart since. Prices over the years. 2007-9 were volatile, but averaged at the general level of todays low price. This current hiccup probably the same, probably will last as briefly as 2016 and may end the year similarly, with a Brexit/ Trump finale. Old Oilman's saying; "The cure for low oil prices is low oil prices". Here's a handy list.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=505684&stc=1&d=1584266593

I got diesel in 2016 @ 99.9c liter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

I paid 1.38 a few days ago in Listowel. All this reminded me of the peak oil stories on RTE about 20 years ago. I think David McWilliams was the guy there.

Dan.

vectra wrote: »
    I got diesel in 2016 @ 99.9c liter :D

Ah here, are you sure that wasn't Armagh Extra Wash brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I got it for 99.9c too. It was in Ballsbridge near the RDS. It made national news at the time.

Ah here, are you sure that wasn't Armagh Extra Wash brand?

No
    Kavanaghs Urlingford
    :)

• Advertisement

2016 was around the time that the shinfane oil well deposits in the border areas began to dry up, coinciding the introduction of non washable diesel markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

I have petrol vouchers from 1973 , do you think there still valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I dread to imagine what it would cost without the tax increases since it was last below €1/per litre in 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I'm not telling ppl to panic buy.. but just keep you car topped up.
    You don't know what's around the corner.

Just the car.. no need to fill ibc's , watering cans and buckets with fuel yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mikeecho wrote: »
    I'm not telling ppl to panic buy.. but just keep you car topped up.
    You don't know what's around the corner.

Just the car.. no need to fill ibc's , watering cans and buckets with fuel yet
    Filled up both cars today at 122.9 for deisel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Any price for spawell station?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭vandriver

I put only 10 litres in this morning at the Circle K at the airport because it was 134.9.
    It's lunchtime,and down to 123.9

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Its 119.9 at applegreen and CircleK bohermore Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Why aren't prices lower? Oil prices are rock bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 18,874 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Why aren't prices lower? Oil prices are rock bottom

Most of our price is duty and other taxes, the cost of crude is a small amount of the actual price we pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

If petrol was free we would still pay €1.02 per litre in taxes.

maddness wrote: »
    If petrol was free we would still pay €1.02 per litre in taxes.

Not that much. Exise is 60.016 c/l on petrol, levy is 2c, vat 23%. Add and multiply, 62.016×1.23 gives 76.26 c/l . Every cent per litre after that adds .23c VAT. So if you're buying petrol for 1.26 at the moment, garage gets 40.65c all taxes paid.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Not that much. Exise is 60.016 c/l on petrol, levy is 2c, vat 23%. Add and multiply, 62.016×1.23 gives 76.26 c/l . Every cent per litre after that adds .23c VAT. So if you're buying petrol for 1.26 at the moment, garage gets 40.65c all taxes paid.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/companies-and-charities/excise-and-licences/excise-duty-rates/mineral-oil-tax.aspx

My vehicle runs on diesel which is refined from oil and I'm sure there's a cost in refining the oil into diesel and transporting it to Ireland from the refineries (though there is one in Cork) and then getting it from the big storage tanks to the stations.
    I think there's a post somewhere that suggest about 7c for retailers and 7c for distribution and about 10c for refining (just checked google and it say 12c-14c USdollar for refining). That would be 24c = i think its 54c for duty and 6c for carbontax. So that's about 84c and then the vat on all that (yes vat applies to duty and carbon tax) and you are at €1.03 BEFORE you add the cost of the raw oil. So as the above poster said - if oil was free, we'd be paying over €1 a litre for petrol.

Think a loaf of bread. If wheat prices drop 50%, would bread prices drop 50%?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Seen diesel for 1.20 in dublin city centre today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Both Applegreens in Celbridge 130.8 Petrol & 120.8 Diesel.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

The Mrs said she paid €1.16 per litre for daysul in Texaco in Athlone yesterday.

silver2020 wrote: »
    My vehicle runs on diesel which is refined from oil and I'm sure there's a cost in refining the oil into diesel and transporting it to Ireland from the refineries (though there is one in Cork) and then getting it from the big storage tanks to the stations.
    I think there's a post somewhere that suggest about 7c for retailers and 7c for distribution and about 10c for refining (just checked google and it say 12c-14c USdollar for refining). That would be 24c = i think its 54c for duty and 6c for carbontax. So that's about 84c and then the vat on all that (yes vat applies to duty and carbon tax) and you are at €1.03 BEFORE you add the cost of the raw oil. So as the above poster said - if oil was free, we'd be paying over €1 a litre for petrol.

Think a loaf of bread. If wheat prices drop 50%, would bread prices drop 50%?

Yes, but he said we'd pay €1.02 in Taxes, not €1.02 per litre, read his post again. If the raw oil was free we'd be paying about €1.02 per litre, including refining and margins. Example I gave was for petrol also, diesel duty/carbon tax is 49.5c/l before levy and VAT, though you used the petrol duty in your calculations.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I got diesel today for 116.9 cent in Topaz Local Fuels on the Trim Road in Navan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Will have a few days off over the weekend might give it another crack :) will keep you posted ;)

How did you get on? Any progress?

• Advertisement

Inver on the Kilcock to Clane road 116.9 for Diesel also

Advertisement