Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Is cavan the dearest for diesel ??? Serious messer up here

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

omicron wrote: »
    Oil is back over $30 today so pump prices won't be going any lower than they are over the next few weeks.

$30 per barrel is ... 16 euro cent per litre...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

voluntary wrote: »
    $30 per barrel is ... 16 euro cent per litre...

You do realise its not raw crude oil were putting into our cars. There's a little more to it than that!

other costs are rather independent from the oil price itself, we're talking about $10 jump in raw oil prices, so maybe 5 cents a liter. The diesel should still go to or below €1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The domain pumpz.ie has not been renewed and no response from SweetCaliber to my last question so I can only guess it'll never materialise :(

Its a pity but I think without a free API its impossible to do as most people wont go to the trouble of uploading new prices. Also I think interest in prices only comes when it is either very expensive or very cheap. When its in middling ranges people dont care so much imo.

Anyway filled up with unleaded at 113.5 earlier in Maxol Harolds Cross. Went 2km up the road and Maxol Templeogue was 1.29 :eek: Everything I saw in Tallaght was also hovering around 1.29, its like they're all waiting to see who will be the first to break for the border.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

other costs are rather independent from the oil price itself, we're talking about $10 jump in raw oil prices, so maybe 5 cents a liter. The diesel should still go to or below €1

God if only it were that simple.

Look at it this way, oil in Saudi (for delivery at the pumps in a few months time) could be zero dollars and fuel at the pumps in Ireland would still be about €1 if you consider €0.65/litre tax, refiners cut (5-10c), distributors cut (5-10c), and forecourt cut (10c normally, but probably much higher during lockdown to account for the drop in sales).

There’s your €1.10

sk8board wrote: »
    God if only it were that simple.

Look at it this way, oil in Saudi (for delivery at the pumps in a few months time) could be zero dollars and fuel at the pumps in Ireland would still be about €1 if you consider €0.65/litre tax, refiners cut (5-10c), distributors cut (5-10c), and forecourt cut (10c normally, but probably much higher during lockdown to account for the drop in sales).

There’s your €1.10

going by your numbers:

0.65+0.05+0.05+0.10=0.85
    plus 15 cent the cost of litre of OIL at $30 USD per barrel.

Diesel can cost €1 per litre in Ireland at below 30 USD per barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭omicron

going by your numbers:

0.65+0.05+0.05+0.10=0.85
    plus 15 cent the cost of litre of OIL at $30 USD per barrel.

Diesel can cost €1 per litre in Ireland at below 30 USD per barrel.

Plus VAT at 23%. It’s actually 0.495 excise and carbon tax so at the moment:
    0.495 + .05 +.05 +.10 + 16.5 (c/l at 30$) = 0.86
    0.86x1.23 = 1.058.

Obviously there’ll be variations as different stations will be buying at different times from different suppliers and have different margins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

omicron wrote: »
    Plus VAT at 23%. It’s actually 0.495 excise and carbon tax so at the moment:
    0.495 + .05 +.05 +.10 + 16.5 (c/l at 30$) = 0.86
    0.86x1.23 = 1.058.

Obviously there’ll be variations as different stations will be buying at different times from different suppliers and have different margins.

Correct, I was combining the carbon tax but forgot the vat.

Petrol in Ireland might drop to €0.99 as a ‘we sell cheap fuel’ advertising tool with the forecourt eating all their margin and try to make it up on coffees, but the price/litre will never go any lower because of simple maths

120,09 at my local circle k station today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭mikeecho

All of this oil that's being extracted at super low rates is being stored in fuel farms on land and in ships at sea.

This thing is.. when it's sold on,to the refinery, they pay that days rate. Not the rate it was extracted at.

So even though there are massive stockpiles of cheap oil.. if oil hits $100/barrel tomorrow.. all that stockpile is worth just that.

The cheapest in cavan is 116.9 was in athlone yesterday filled the tank 109.8 cartel up here

The cheapest ive seen in cavan Virginia 113.8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭deezell

Emo in Enfield showing as 107.9 on Waze app, dont know if it's a recent post.
    Inver on the R407 still 109.9 t'other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

deezell wrote: »
    Emo in Enfield showing as 107.9 on Waze app, dont know if it's a recent post.

It will tell you when it was last updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Why not start updating prices on this http://www.whatgas.com/. I've just updated some stations.

It will tell you when it was last updated.

I couldn't find date info on the entry, am I missing something?

Put Ireland on the location, and expand the map.

horse7 wrote: »
    Put Ireland on the location, and expand the map.
    No joy, same thing that killed pumps.ie

513003.jpg

Just press ok and expand the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

No joy, same thing that killed pumps.ie

513003.jpg

It still shows the prices though, albeit from 2016 due to lack of update! Just click ok and the message disappears and you can then move around the map freely

marcos_94 wrote: »
    It still shows the prices though, albeit from 2016 due to lack of update! Just click ok and the message disappears and you can then move around the map freely
    Maps covered with "development purposes" watermarks, and search doesn't work. I'll pass.
    Waze is decent, if you remember to turn it on an build up enough miles to post to it. It will ping as you pass a station, and you can update prices apparently.

I couldn't find date info on the entry, am I missing something?

513004.jpg
    513005.jpg

List view and detailed view both show age of fuel price entries.

Seems to work now that I drove with app running. I still haven't figured how to extend the search distance, in order to check prices near my destination before I get there. Is it possible to query a location for fuel prices prior to being there.

Got it! Search destination by town and the words 'fuel station', you get a list sans prices, just the distance away, but when you select a station fuel prices are displayed, date of entry etc. EMO Enfield 107.9 3 days ago.

When you select a destination and start navigation, you can view all petrol stations, restaurants and parking along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

When you select a destination and start navigation, you can view all petrol stations, restaurants and parking along the way.

You mean before you start the journey or as you go along the way?

It's the menu that appears when you start a journey, but you can bring this up at any time (from the bottom of the screen).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

It's the menu that appears when you start a journey, but you can bring this up at any time (from the bottom of the screen).

Does that work on CarPlay/Android Auto ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

For those who bang on about prices increasing quicker than dropping, how come oil prices started rising 3 weeks ago and pump prices haven't gone up yet?

Advertisement