Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pumps.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

voluntary wrote: »
    60.9 for LPG such a shame it was let die out here:(
    Is anyone else finding boards very slow to load?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Give it an hour.. the speed that German stations change their prices is insane.

It's not unusual for 3 or 4 price changes a day.
    It goes up for the morning rush, down after that, back to for the 5pm rush, and back down in the evening.. only to go back up for the morning rush again .

It's insane

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

2 hours later, still 99 cent a littre lol

€1 is a magic number. The first garage around me lowering the diesel price to €1 will get €50 from me (can't fill more)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,841 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

CoBo55 wrote: »
    60.9 for LPG such a shame it was let die out here:(
    Is anyone else finding boards very slow to load?

Yea it’s been terrible all day for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

Seve OB wrote: »
    Yea it’s been terrible all day for me

This reply box appeared twelve seconds after me clicking on the quote button of the last post.

• Advertisement

Today it's 1.079 @5pm local time

8c jump.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

106.9 for Diesel in Circle K on the Dublin Quays. 111.9 or 112.9 for petrol, cant remember exactly which.

And now it's 1.059.

Prices in Germany bounce around more than a space hopper.

And an hour later it's at 1.009

I pulled into an Aral on the bahn, and drove back out when I saw the price.
    I ended up filling up at an AGIP 20 mins away for 40c less per litre.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

mikeecho wrote: »
    And now it's 1.059.

Prices in Germany bounce around more than a space hopper.

And an hour later it's at 1.009

I pulled into an Aral on the bahn, and drove back out when I saw the price.
    I ended up filling up at an AGIP 20 mins away for 40c less per litre.

Derv is €.99.9 in Urlingford. Unleaded €1.10.9

Hogzy wrote: »
    106.9 for Diesel in Circle K on the Dublin Quays. 111.9 or 112.9 for petrol, cant remember exactly which.

I always wonder how the Circle K on the Queys can be cheaper than other ones and also why petrol/diesel on the north/west side of Dublin is always more expensive than on the 'posh' south.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭deezell

I always wonder how the Circle K on the Queys can be cheaper than other ones and also why petrol/diesel on the north/west side of Dublin is always more expensive than on the 'posh' south.

Northside fuel is for rougher engines Dahling, Southies prefer Dun Laoghaire blend for the old Volvos you know. Better class of octane, organic also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They were caught under measuring fuel a few years back. So for every 1 Litre of fuel you thought you put into your car, the machine would only be giving you 0.95 of a litre or something. There was outrage when they were caught and the fuel has been cheap ever since.

They were caught under measuring fuel a few years back. So for every 1 Litre of fuel you thought you put into your car, the machine would only be giving you 0.95 of a litre or something. There was outrage when they were caught and the fuel has been cheap ever since.

Interesting. I fill my tank whenever I pass by this station as it's usually a good few cents cheaper than anything local to me. I hope they wouldn't run the same scam again!

They used to be ridiculously expensive, they often caught out many unsuspecting motorists.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/garda-fumes-at-petrol-contract-26284300.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/oil-firm-critical-of-petrol-station-s-prices-1.992564

After all that , they started charging about the norm for fuel, but while they were charging the normal going rate, the motorist wasnt getting the correct amount of fuel.

https://www.nsai.ie/about/news/petrol-station-prosecuted-for-non-compliance-by-nsai/

And after all that, Statoil terminated their contract with the station, It later got a franchise with TOP, and has since gone onto Circle K.

While that petrol station may now have the cheapest fuel around, i still wouldnt stop there , even to take a shít.

They might be running a squeaky clean business now, but i refuse to support someone that has such a history.

Isnt there an old saying about a leopard and his spots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

1.09 in Cork yesterday - bottom of the N27, South Link Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Level on 1.049 here in Enniscorthy, hasn't changed in a few days.

€1 is getting closer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

€1 is getting closer!

99.9 at Emo in Castlebridge in Wexford this morning

E30i wrote: »
    99.9 at Emo in Castlebridge in Wexford this morning

If not that far I'd be filling full thank with them today. The fist gas station around me dropping diesel to €1 will be selling me a full tank! The offer stands! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Bit sickening seeing prices plummet to nearly €1 everywhere and it's still stuck at 129.8 around wicklow town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

The domain pumpz.ie has not been renewed and no response from SweetCaliber to my last question so I can only guess it'll never materialise :(

I guess pumps.ie has been done since google started charging for API calls to their maps.
    We could do a boards forums per region and post current prices this way. People need to start shopping around to enable the 'competition' forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I guess pumps.ie has been done since google started charging for API calls to their maps.
    We could do a boards forums per region and post current prices this way. People need to start shopping around to enable the 'competition' forces.

They could of course change maps to a provider that doesn’t charge for access to the API

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

pumps.ie is well and truly gone and yes, the reason you mention presumably helped its demise. I had high hopes for pumpz.ie however seems that's a gonner too.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

99.9cent at Kavanaghs Urlingford in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Still 129.9 for petrol and 118.9 for Diesel here near me (Ballymount), as it has been since the middle of March.... No drops in the 3 stations I come across on my travels at all and I doubt it is because of fewer sales. I live near an industrial estate with food wholesalers and retailers abound so there are many trucks and vans coming in and out all the time.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

The cheapest I have seen around me in South Offaly is €1.11 in Kilcormac. Filled the tank for €43.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Persistently sticking at 116.9 for diesel round my neck of the woods in Mayo. Has been that price for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭omicron

Oil is back over $30 today so pump prices won't be going any lower than they are over the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,510 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I noticed an app on App store, "Cheapfuel." not sure is it on Android or not.
    Maybe a member can check?
    I am unsure how good or bad it works, but if we all get on it maybe it could be better than nothing?

Smartpump Mallow road Fermoy.

Diesel ~ 110.9

Petrol ~ 118.9

Advertisement