Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castle Farm Naas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the houses are wired for?is it just Virgin?
    Thanks

There are Virgin manholes on the paths but not sure if that means it's exclusively Virgin

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

There are Virgin manholes on the paths but not sure if that means it's exclusively Virgin

I think all brochures say wired with cat5e cabling for a number of providers. I certainly hope we aren't auto connected to Virgin!

We spotted on our last visit that the position of plugs and exit of wiring for internet etc. under stairs will make it difficult to put in under stairs storage! (You wouldn't want to be reaching in behind back of a roll-out drawer to reset modem, or have a box in there closed off and giving off heat?)

Hi guys, Anyone here have a bit of local knowledge on refuse collection in the area? Any recommendations of good operators or ones to avoid? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Hi guys, Anyone here have a bit of local knowledge on refuse collection in the area? Any recommendations of good operators or ones to avoid? thanks

I use AES. Give you 4 bins for general, organic, recycling and glass. Reliable and I pay by weight which works out cheaper than competition. Txt ye night before each week too which is handy.

BuzzFish wrote: »
    I use AES. Give you 4 bins for general, organic, recycling and glass. Reliable and I pay by weight which works out cheaper than competition. Txt ye night before each week too which is handy.

Great BuzzFish,
    Such a luxury that they offer a glass collection service. No more bottle bank trips :) thanks for the response

Great BuzzFish,
    Such a luxury that they offer a glass collection service. No more bottle bank trips :) thanks for the response

I'll add to that not to use Oxegen as they send their trucks around primrose at 6am so unless you fancy an early alarm clock....

Anyone in yet? We did our re-snag on Wednesday and delighted with it. Waiting for our completion notice now, hopefully not much longer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I'll add to that not to use Oxegen as they send their trucks around primrose at 6am so unless you fancy an early alarm clock....

AES does early runs, too. Not sure about primrose but in some places they are in at 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Anyone in yet? We did our re-snag on Wednesday and delighted with it. Waiting for our completion notice now, hopefully not much longer

We did ours the Wednesday before so hoping to be in next week

• Advertisement

We did ours the Wednesday before so hoping to be in next week

Great stuff, I got a phone call from a delivery man this morning saying he was outside. Ooops!

Hey, we got our snag date for 30th July (we are on The Green). Starting to feel closer and closer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saffer82

Hey everyone,

Great to see a little Castle Farm community already forming. We had our re-snag today - few minor cosmetic bits and bobs, but all looks good for a close by the end of the month, hopefully!

Was just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions for flooring contractors? Know what we want, but now just need to find someone to install.

Also, someone on here mentioned alarm system - any recommendations?

Thanks, and see everyone on The Green!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gallagher911

Hey we finally closed on Monday and got Keys. Putting in floors this week and getting things delivered next week. We're on holidays now but can't wait to get back to move in. Thought it would never happen. Loads of different paperwork held the closing up but finally closed on Monday. I'm sure you will all be closing soon after us now.

Had a chat with one of the top senior guys (not the forman) on site yesterday and he mentioned that one of their biggest issues is getting the ESB to meter the houses to any reasonable timeline. This then holds up the final commissioning and sign off of build. He wreckons it's putting unnecessary 4 week delays on folks getting their keys.

Thought this slant may interest some of you as it does seem a bit out of their control but something they're pushing the ESB on.

Had a chat with one of the top senior guys (not the forman) on site yesterday and he mentioned that one of their biggest issues is getting the ESB to meter the houses to any reasonable timeline. This then holds up the final commissioning and sign off of build. He wreckons it's putting unnecessary 4 week delays on folks getting their keys.

Thought this slant may interest some of you as it does seem a bit out of their control but something they're pushing the ESB on.

I think I should note that the ESB thing above isn't a further delay to any houses, it's been a big cause of the delay we've all faced so far (i.e. we were to be in end of June now more like end August but which was shared a while ago), so people shouldn't worry that there's another 4 week delay to their house due to ESB. :-)

• Advertisement

saffer82 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Great to see a little Castle Farm community already forming. We had our re-snag today - few minor cosmetic bits and bobs, but all looks good for a close by the end of the month, hopefully!

Was just wondering whether anyone has any suggestions for flooring contractors? Know what we want, but now just need to find someone to install.

Also, someone on here mentioned alarm system - any recommendations?

Thanks, and see everyone on The Green!

Hi Saffer82 we are going with Des Kelly through Sallins store, guy called Brian was super helpful. We also looked at Barry O'Sullivan's and it came down to price for exact same products. He got samples in of products we'd seen elsewhere but weren't on show in Sallins too! We only had to pay deposit at the time, there was a sale back in May...we were supposed to be in end June, yeah...didn't happen :-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

furness wrote: »
    I think I should note that the ESB thing above isn't a further delay to any houses, it's been a big cause of the delay we've all faced so far (i.e. we were to be in end of June now more like end August but which was shared a while ago), so people shouldn't worry that there's another 4 week delay to their house due to ESB. :-)

I wonder if the ESB thing is a convenient excuse as I've heard from a few people that the homes are behind schedule.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I wonder if the ESB thing is a convenient excuse as I've heard from a few people that the homes are behind schedule.

Oh really? Are they expecting more delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saffer82

Hi Saffer82 we are going with Des Kelly through Sallins store, guy called Brian was super helpful. We also looked at Barry O'Sullivan's and it came down to price for exact same products. He got samples in of products we'd seen elsewhere but weren't on show in Sallins too! We only had to pay deposit at the time, there was a sale back in May...we were supposed to be in end June, yeah...didn't happen :-) )

Thanks furness. Had a look there a few weeks ago, plan on going again this weekend to get a final quote. Do let me know how the installation goes.

On another point - went today to have a look at some of the cosmetic snags. Apparently the paint they're using now is slightly off from what was used initially, so it's quite obvious where they've touched up some parts. Anyone else have this issue? Would it be amiss to make them paint whole walls again?

Oh really? Are they expecting more delays?

Warning...slightly long post!
    I think it's great to have boards like this but I do think we need to take care as this is a group of people in many different houses which from the start have had varying proposed finish dates. All of us are within Phase one as far as I can see and we have;

- people moving in as we speak, - people finishing snag as we speak, - people waiting to snag very soon (yep that's us on July 30th)...and then possibly some people who are still a month or even maybe two off that further around the other side of The Green

That doesn't mean those later people are delayed further, they are possibly trucking along with the revised timing given (if they bought near launch) or same timing they were always given (if they bought only recently).

We have known of only one significant delay ourselves, with whispers of ESB etc. but no true reason confirmed so we don't know. What we do know is that new builds are notorious for selling with an initial date and it changing somewhat. Look at Elsmore across the road, the showhouse was supposed to launch in May. It's still not available to visit!

The delay we have had was shared quite a while ago and hasn't changed since. It pushed our original end June on The Green (no.3) to a more realistic 'keys at end of August'. It's not likely to change at this stage either as we are now under 2 weeks from snagging. We know a couple on The Bailey (11-20) who were always a month ahead of us and they are desnagging right now so hopefully in by end of month. So that puts our timing of a month behind htem right on track for now.

From our perspective, we wouldn't speak to anyone other than the foreman, which I know is easy to say. He's in demand and he'd shoot me for saying that. We've met plenty of lovely people on site and also had chats with our favourite agent ;-) but we have only put our confidence in the foreman's honest opinion when he has given it (he has been more accurate than the agent with our dates and always said he wouldn't give us false hope on getting in earlier.)

Hope this doesn't seem like a long rant of a post, I just know how stressful this time is and want to avoid anyone new joining and panicking about more delays when they may be right on track just with a later finish date. I know the people at end of our row on the Green are definitely a bit behind us, but they would be 6/7 houses further down a street!

HANG IN THERE...THE END IS NIGH(ish)!

• Advertisement

Apologies if I caused confusion. The guy I spoke with said the ESB were causing delays but those were already communicated with buyers... not new delays. Basically just saying they are a pain in the ... when trying to get builds handed over and they pushed original dates

If anyone is using Kildare Carpets and Flooring could you let me know roughly how much it's costing?

Anyone else having trouble trying to source tv and internet? Virgin media are terrible to deal with

Anyone else having trouble trying to source tv and internet? Virgin media are terrible to deal with

Virgin are always a nightmare! We can't even contact providers as The Green don't have eircodes yet. Agent saying Eircodes issued on closing. Wrong as Baileys houses are on eircode site for ages now.

Good news is that apparently we'll get a letter when eircode is issued....letter sent to the house which isn't finished and which a postman can't deliver to!! I have to laugh or I'd cry! :-)

Apologies if I caused confusion. The guy I spoke with said the ESB were causing delays but those were already communicated with buyers... not new delays. Basically just saying they are a pain in the ... when trying to get builds handed over and they pushed original dates

UPDATE...nope there is another delay now. We are 4 weeks further delayed on snagging due to ESB apparently. Monday 29th cancelled late last week and now plan is 3rd week in August. House is sitting ready but we can't snag as no tarmac outside. There isn't an emoji to describe my frustration on here so I'll go with a :-(

We got them in the other day. The lads were great and did a brilliant job. Had a few issues over the phone with address change but got credit on our account for the period between our old place and here. The broadband speed seems good so far

UPDATE...nope there is another delay now. We are 4 weeks further delayed on snagging due to ESB apparently. Monday 29th cancelled late last week and now plan is 3rd week in August. House is sitting ready but we can't snag as no tarmac outside. There isn't an emoji to describe my frustration on here so I'll go with a :-(

We had the same issue on our road. They had to wait for the ESB to come before the road went down. That was the last of the major hold ups for us. A few paper work issues after that but nothing huge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,112 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Why would not having tarmac outside hold up the snag of the house?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Does anybody have a number for the site foreman? Could you send it on to me by private message please? Thanks a mill.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Why would not having tarmac outside hold up the snag of the house?

Health and safety plus I assume houses can only be deemed finished and thus ready for snagging once electricity is running

• Advertisement

Health and safety plus I assume houses can only be deemed finished and thus ready for snagging once electricity is running

Agreed...not allowed full site access and with an engineer/surveyor with us until road ready and ESB connected. You couldn't check lots of things without power anyway.

Up there yesterday looking around onto The Green through fencing, the first few including ours don't look 'ready to snag' which we've been told they are. Told just the ESB to blame for delay but house itself is ready. What a fob off.. think they've given fair few site holidays and are just bloody slow to finish. Hopefully ready for revised date of two weeks today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mcdoogan

Hi we have deposit on 3 bed semi in the bailey. Anybody got measurements for windows and floors as trying to do a bit of homework on blinds and flooring.

Much appreciated for any advice.

Mcdoogan wrote: »
    Hi we have deposit on 3 bed semi in the bailey. Anybody got measurements for windows and floors as trying to do a bit of homework on blinds and flooring.

Much appreciated for any advice.

Can't help I'm afraid as we are a different house type, but also...we had blinds/floor people come in to measure. They got access from site a while ago, we weren't with them, but they took measurements to use for quote, they don't usually give you all measurements to go away with. You'd need to get into house to measure yourself for that.

Sharing this as we found it very handy when we bought a couple of years ago..
    There is an app called planner5d (https://planner5d.com/) which allows you get a feel for the space in the house before you populate with furniture. 

It allows you take shapshots and get a really good 3d view. If you have google glass or similar it will give you VR so you'll feel like your standing in the room! We put in all the measurements off the site plans for our house to get everything in proportion. This made it really handy in deciding on square/circular tables, bed sizes, couches etc etc before having them delivered by using their dimensions and placing them in the house. We also used it to get a feel for paint colors and floor options (wooden vs carpet vs tile).

Couple of pics attached by way of example. Might keep ye busy while wishing away the days to getting your keys!

Quick question re: completion signatures.

Did you guys who are now in houses have to go to Ardstone's solicitors office in Dublin to sign final docs? It says it in contract (and it's a pain to have to take half day possibly from work to do this and possibly at only few days notice).

Was this able to be sorted through your own solicitors office? (local for us).

Who is everyone using for snagging? Are you doing it yourselves or getting someone else?

Did you guys who are now in houses have to go to Ardstone's solicitors office in Dublin to sign final docs? It says it in contract (and it's a pain to have to take half day possibly from work to do this and possibly at only few days notice).

We have 4 weeks to sign the final documents.once funds have cleared to the builders solicitors account your can collect the keys on site

Who is everyone using for snagging? Are you doing it yourselves or getting someone else?

Definitely get someone to snag.I worked in new builds a lot and the amount of stuff I missed when walking around while he was

We didn't need to. All done through our solicitor. When our solicitor got the completion notice from McCann Fitzgerald we were in within 2 days

• Advertisement

We didn't need to. All done through our solicitor. When our solicitor got the completion notice from McCann Fitzgerald we were in within 2 days

Brilliant thanks a million Barry. Hope all settling in well!

I can't see so can't be sure but there's a strong smell of fresh tarmac around Castle Farm today...

I can't see so can't be sure but there's a strong smell of fresh tarmac around Castle Farm today...

Yahoo, yes apparently being laid on first half of the Green today/tomorrow. All shrubs down on first row of the Green too and the Green itself. I hope to God I'm not jinxing myself in saying our snag is still on track for Monday :-)

Fingers crossed on the Green!! Hoping to snag next week also. Can snagging be done in the evening or does it have to be during the day (while the site guys are there to let you in)? Does anybody have anybody they used and would recommend? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Question for those moved in already, roughly how long did it take from first snag to move in? I know it wont be the same for all but good to have an idea!

Drove down last week and it's great to see so many people in, hope ye are settling in well!

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Question for those moved in already, roughly how long did it take from first snag to move in? I know it wont be the same for all but good to have an idea!

Drove down last week and it's great to see so many people in, hope ye are settling in well!

We aren't in yet, but know a few people who were in within 4-5 weeks from first snag date. I'd go by that at least to avoid disappointment. Don't forget that only so much of that time is house dependent, the rest is on yours/your solicitors prep of things for the Bank and the builders' solicitor.

• Advertisement

LoopersC wrote: »
    Fingers crossed on the Green!! Hoping to snag next week also. Can snagging be done in the evening or does it have to be during the day (while the site guys are there to let you in)? Does anybody have anybody they used and would recommend? Thanks.

Hi, we were told access is from 8.30am - 4.30pm during the week for snagging. I'm reluctant to recommend anyone to anybody with this as we haven't seen out guy in action. We only have experience of using surveyor/engineer in the UK. So many out there right now and quotes varied from c.€180 to €480. Good luck next week!

Hi,
    For people that have moved in and had an alarm installed.Do you know we’re your homes wired for a PIR sensor or did you have to go wireless.
    The show houses are wired for it but my home isn’t and I was told it will be wired to “show house standard”?
    Thanks

Can I ask another question to those ahead of us in the process, was there a shower in the main bathroom? Or if not and you asked for it, did you get it?

We were told at the beginning at there would be a shower in main bathroom but there isn't. When queried it today, I was told it will be "as per the showhouse"....was there one in the showhouse?

Thanks a mill.

LoopersC wrote: »
    Can I ask another question to those ahead of us in the process, was there a shower in the main bathroom? Or if not and you asked for it, did you get it?

We were told at the beginning at there would be a shower in main bathroom but there isn't. When queried it today, I was told it will be "as per the showhouse"....was there one in the showhouse?

Thanks a mill.
    Check it on the 3D video on the website

Check it on the 3D video on the website

Spotted by us early but not early enough. No shower head in main bathroom. I asked what house with 4 bedrooms would have no shower capacity in main bathroom. Buyers will have to remove and refit taps or worse, crack through brand new tiles to fit or fix one.

Tip: Don't even try the argument, I lost! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement