Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle Farm Naas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Alwo

I can't see so can't be sure but there's a strong smell of fresh tarmac around Castle Farm today...

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭furness

I can't see so can't be sure but there's a strong smell of fresh tarmac around Castle Farm today...

Yahoo, yes apparently being laid on first half of the Green today/tomorrow. All shrubs down on first row of the Green too and the Green itself. I hope to God I'm not jinxing myself in saying our snag is still on track for Monday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 LoopersC

Fingers crossed on the Green!! Hoping to snag next week also. Can snagging be done in the evening or does it have to be during the day (while the site guys are there to let you in)? Does anybody have anybody they used and would recommend? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Question for those moved in already, roughly how long did it take from first snag to move in? I know it wont be the same for all but good to have an idea!

Drove down last week and it's great to see so many people in, hope ye are settling in well!

johnsob27 wrote: »
    Question for those moved in already, roughly how long did it take from first snag to move in? I know it wont be the same for all but good to have an idea!

Drove down last week and it's great to see so many people in, hope ye are settling in well!

We aren't in yet, but know a few people who were in within 4-5 weeks from first snag date. I'd go by that at least to avoid disappointment. Don't forget that only so much of that time is house dependent, the rest is on yours/your solicitors prep of things for the Bank and the builders' solicitor.

• Advertisement

LoopersC wrote: »
    Fingers crossed on the Green!! Hoping to snag next week also. Can snagging be done in the evening or does it have to be during the day (while the site guys are there to let you in)? Does anybody have anybody they used and would recommend? Thanks.

Hi, we were told access is from 8.30am - 4.30pm during the week for snagging. I'm reluctant to recommend anyone to anybody with this as we haven't seen out guy in action. We only have experience of using surveyor/engineer in the UK. So many out there right now and quotes varied from c.€180 to €480. Good luck next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Davidwhit1

Hi,
    For people that have moved in and had an alarm installed.Do you know we’re your homes wired for a PIR sensor or did you have to go wireless.
    The show houses are wired for it but my home isn’t and I was told it will be wired to “show house standard”?
    Thanks

Can I ask another question to those ahead of us in the process, was there a shower in the main bathroom? Or if not and you asked for it, did you get it?

We were told at the beginning at there would be a shower in main bathroom but there isn't. When queried it today, I was told it will be "as per the showhouse"....was there one in the showhouse?

Thanks a mill.

LoopersC wrote: »
    Can I ask another question to those ahead of us in the process, was there a shower in the main bathroom? Or if not and you asked for it, did you get it?

We were told at the beginning at there would be a shower in main bathroom but there isn't. When queried it today, I was told it will be "as per the showhouse"....was there one in the showhouse?

Thanks a mill.
    Check it on the 3D video on the website

Davidwhit1 wrote: »
    Check it on the 3D video on the website

Spotted by us early but not early enough. No shower head in main bathroom. I asked what house with 4 bedrooms would have no shower capacity in main bathroom. Buyers will have to remove and refit taps or worse, crack through brand new tiles to fit or fix one.

Tip: Don't even try the argument, I lost! :-)

• Advertisement

Hi,
    For people that have moved in and had an alarm installed.Do you know we’re your homes wired for a PIR sensor or did you have to go wireless.
    The show houses are wired for it but my home isn’t and I was told it will be wired to “show house standard”?
    Thanks

Oh that's a big one David :-( let us know if you get this resolved. We got our bathroom ledge back in to be 'as per showhouse' in the end so worth a try.

IT APPEARS I JINXED MYSELF EARLIER THIS WEEK

We are now delayed another few weeks.Yes, tarmac is on the road, now they've found another delay never mentioned before, connecting the actual meter to the house. And then another week after that to finish. Finishing what, I don't know, perhaps finding the next delay.

All jokes aside, if anyone is looking for a Phase 1 4 bed, it might be re-selling in a few days, we are that concerned about continued delays plus all the 'as per showhouse' bull that's gone on.

I feel like a Joe Duffy caller at this point. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭-jellybelly-

We were 5 weeks first snag to keys. Our bath shower head is the same as show house, hose off mixer to head set at low height. We're going to get second hook to put it at proper height and fit a curtain. I thought it was strange but our snagger said it was the norm in new build. I think if it's set low the head is used for washing down bath. If the builders put it high they would probably have to supply curtain /glass.

We had delays too but to be fair they fixed anything we snagged and were sound to deal with.

furness wrote: »
    IT APPEARS I JINXED MYSELF EARLIER THIS WEEK

We are now delayed another few weeks.Yes, tarmac is on the road, now they've found another delay never mentioned before, connecting the actual meter to the house. And then another week after that to finish. Finishing what, I don't know, perhaps finding the next delay.

All jokes aside, if anyone is looking for a Phase 1 4 bed, it might be re-selling in a few days, we are that concerned about continued delays plus all the 'as per showhouse' bull that's gone on.

I feel like a Joe Duffy caller at this point. :confused:

We are on 1-10 The Green and got the same message yesterday - snagging gone back another 2/3 weeks which is disappointing and extremely frustrating....

Hi,
    Thanks

Hi, I was just coming on to post about our alarm anyway and saw your post. We got our alarm from Monitored Security and I'd recommend them completely(think they did the show houses). It's a wired system (our house came pre-wired) and uses an app in conjunction with it for monitoring. Slick panel with optional fob activation. We are a 3 bed so cost around €700 installation plus an €80 annual fee for the app.

We had signed up to Phonewatch but were miss-sold the product. We hadn't been told the with every additional sensor required, beyond the basic package, your monthly fee increases(approx €4 per sensor). Also Phonwatch is wireless so there is a need to change batteries on sensors.

Monitored Security did a really clean install and the installer Vincent was really nice and helpful. I can pass on his details if anyone wants to pm me.

Just thought I'd pass on our experience to everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hi, I was just coming on to post about our alarm anyway and saw your post. We got our alarm from Monitored Security and I'd recommend them completely(think they did the show houses). It's a wired system (our house came pre-wired) and uses an app in conjunction with it for monitoring. Slick panel with optional fob activation. We are a 3 bed so cost around €700 installation plus an €80 annual fee for the app.

We had signed up to Phonewatch but were miss-sold the product. We hadn't been told the with every additional sensor required, beyond the basic package, your monthly fee increases(approx €4 per sensor). Also Phonwatch is wireless so there is a need to change batteries on sensors.

Monitored Security did a really clean install and the installer Vincent was really nice and helpful. I can pass on his details if anyone wants to pm me.

How much is the monitoring?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    How much is the monitoring?

€80 per year for the app and cloudspace for self monitoring(tbh I trust myself more to contact the guards than someone else and Phonewatch were a nightmare to contact when I was trying to get through anyway). You get notified on your phone through the app, which also gives you control to set and disarm remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

€80 per year for the app and cloudspace for self monitoring(tbh I trust myself more to contact the guards than someone else and Phonewatch were a nightmare to contact when I was trying to get through anyway). You get notified on your phone through the app, which also gives you control to set and disarm remotely.

Sorry I'd presumed it was monitored (ie linked up with the Gardai) app is handy but not sure I'd pay 80 a year for it.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hi,
    Thanks

I installed a few alarms before so did my own it’s the same as the one you got but I was wondering are your PIRs (inside motion sensors) wired or wireless?
    Electrician reckons they didn’t wire for them but you can clearly see them wired in the showhouses.
    Also has your electric car outlet wired for do you know?that should also be in.

I installed a few alarms before so did my own it’s the same as the one you got but I was wondering are your PIRs (inside motion sensors) wired or wireless?
    Electrician reckons they didn’t wire for them but you can clearly see them wired in the showhouses.
    Also has your electric car outlet wired for do you know?that should also be in.

Yeah our house was wired and the alarm sensors have been hard wired, not wireless. I didn't realise the electric car outlet was standard with the houses, we don't have it

• Advertisement

Yeah our house was wired and the alarm sensors have been hard wired, not wireless. I didn't realise the electric car outlet was standard with the houses, we don't have it

Whilst there were a fair few "this is included' mistakes when we were buying, one thing that was made clear to us was that the elec car charge unit was an extra. I think it was a few hundred euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 saffer82

Hi all,

Just been told that there's a €25 account credit if I'm referred by another Thornton's user, and the referer gets €25 credit as well. So if anyone on the estate using Thornton's would like to make a referral and get a few quid for it, PM me - we're looking to sign up. It's a win-win. :)

And on another note - those in the 3 bed homes: the broadband port is under the stairs, but there isn't a power point. Is that the case for others? Or did the electrician forget to put in the plugs - there is another plain cover that I think might be a power point.

Cheers

saffer82 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just been told that there's a €25 account credit if I'm referred by another Thornton's user, and the referer gets €25 credit as well. So if anyone on the estate using Thornton's would like to make a referral and get a few quid for it, PM me - we're looking to sign up. It's a win-win. :)

And on another note - those in the 3 bed homes: the broadband port is under the stairs, but there isn't a power point. Is that the case for others? Or did the electrician forget to put in the plugs - there is another plain cover that I think might be a power point.

Cheers

Under the stairs is only used for the fibre to coax box.they use the 2nd coax cable from the unity room to power the box under the stairs so no need for a socket, the first is for broadband/tv/phone.
    I have my wifi router beside my tv in the main room.
    Hope that makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi everybody .. hope u don't mind me joining in
    I'm hoping to get in next week to the next phase ... Any advice for us .? Ie. Wat time should I arrive before sale and hopefully I don't have to camp. Has anyone bought the mid or end terrace houses ? I'm after them .please and thank you

Lee3b wrote: »
    I'm hoping to get in next week to the next phase ... Any advice for us .? Ie. Wat time should I arrive before sale and hopefully I don't have to camp. Has anyone bought the mid or end terrace houses ? I'm after them .please and thank you

Hi Lee, wow I'm not sure Naas has reached 'camp-out' stage. Some house types were first to sell out but a few houses including a couple of terraces were still on sale in Phase 1 until recently. My memory of launch weekend in March was that about half maybe got sold on total over those two days.

Just fyi, we bought at launch and were to be in by the end of June. We haven't even snagged yet, hopefully in now end of September. So just be aware and ask for realistic times when you get a proposed move-in date from the sales agents if you do go ahead. Plenty of Phase 1 now done and looking lovely for you to wander past when you visit the showhouses.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnsob27

Lee3b wrote: »

Definitely go up early, especially if you have a particular house in mind! A lot of people had their deposit cheques with them on the day (us included) so if you're looking to secure a particular house it's worth bringing the cheque. Good luck with it, it's such an exciting time!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

How much notice were people given for their original snag dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CLAW1406

hey all, I'm struggling to get anyone to do a bit of wallpapering and tiling in the bathroom. Anyone any connections? Most people I'm ringing are telling me 10+ week wait time? Boom is back

How much notice were people given for their original snag dates?

Plenty of notice given, just not delivered on unfortunately.

We've had 4 dates confirmed, all scheduled between July 1st and now, all cancelled only few days before meaning a cancelled engineer each time too. Now hoping for Monday of next week, 3rd September. They say 5th times a charm right?? 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi Furness. We missed the launch in March we were away for the weekend and when we got back the houses we were after were all sold out ! So just checking wat time before hand people start arriving as this was the Monday after and that is how we are back to the start waiting again having waiting for the year for them to go on sale ... I'm fine with the wait after i suppose it will give me time to get savings for furniture . But i can see how people can be so frustrated. Iv been up evey day looking at them almost so if anyone here has questions on how its coming along I can certainly help.

Advertisement