Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

Thanks. Ya its a joke at this stage. 1st applied last December passed all stages and nothing then emailed a few times and finally got the no update reply. They should be keeping people updated to where they are with progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

They emailed me back the other day saying there was no update on the CSO roles yet. Looks like I'm out I'd say. Best of luck. I've also applied for galway.

Hey Padraig, I get that reply when I email them

• Registered Users Posts: 11 KM259

Debs86 wrote: »
    Any news yet?? I emailed them today no word yet
    Did you ever get a response? They emailed me back saying my continued patience is appreciated as they navigate a significant amount of priorities. Also says they will be in touch in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

KM259 wrote: »
    Did you ever get a response? They emailed me back saying my continued patience is appreciated as they navigate a significant amount of priorities. Also says they will be in touch in due course.

Hi no I didn’t get any response at all :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Debs86

Debs86 wrote: »
    Hi no I didn’t get any response at all :-(

I actually did get that response I never realised… what does that even mean tho, said all medical and reference documentation accepted and will be in touch in due course.

Hardly expected to just sit and wait to be told when we will start ( if at all) I’m afraid to plan anything incase we get called for training etc… life just seems on hold waiting on this at the moment which isn’t ideal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PadraigCoghlan

red25 wrote: »
    Hey Padraig, I get that reply when I email them

Funny how some got training courses and others not told either way.

In-house staff

Anyone know if cork host jobs were filled ? And if so how many positions were available?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I read that Irish Rail form panels and then call people in when a job becomes available. Does anybody know if this true?

I did an interview at the start of May and have not heard back one way or another. Do Irish Rail always send out a job offer or rejection letter? At this stage am I out of consideration for the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

In-house staff

Anyone know if cork host jobs were filled ? And if so how many positions were available?

From what I gathered 4 positions filled, from existing staff in different positions.

No idea how many were needed.

Talks they were going to be given 39 hour contracts, so they'd be on the same money as cso would they ?

• Advertisement

In house staff

Heading to Dublin at the weekend, first time being up there since I got a job in irish rail

I know we have free travel on the train, but what about Dublin bus and the luas ?

Don't want to be paying for either if I don't need to...

All help greatly appreciated.!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

In house staff

Heading to Dublin at the weekend, first time being up there since I got a job in irish rail

I know we have free travel on the train, but what about Dublin bus and the luas ?

The Luas is not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

In house staff

99% of drivers will let you on Dublin bus if you flash your pti card.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Kyleboy wrote: »
    99% of drivers will let you on Dublin bus if you flash your pti card.

I've only heard of 2 in my time that wouldn't allow which is pure insanity....
    Same company, same PTI card etc....

I would never dream of turning away.

Luas is different as said so you must pay on that.
    At the start any GAI route were issues at times and were actually getting db drivers to pay.
    They ironed that out I believe.

Couldn't believe it had over the years where guys in full rail uniform would get on and be putting money in.

Dublin bus is free so ? Just show the driver your pti card and should be no problem?

Dublin bus is free so ? Just show the driver your pti card and should be no problem?

Technically no but that like us with the dart. I've never been asked, show PTI yeahgo ahead....

Yeah you will have no issues.

I'll find out anyway 😂

Just didn't want to pay if I didn't have to.!

Thanks

Irish Rail jacket or shirt, you normally don't even need to get the pti out. Most drivers will wave ya on the bus.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Irish Rail jacket or shirt, you normally don't even need to get the pti out. Most drivers will wave ya on the bus.

As it should be, we carry enough for free that to be fair are an absolute pain..... Scum bags for example....

I'm not going to turn away another staff member working for the same company, it's actually so stupid to even think one would refuse.

What about the new irish rail uniform lads ? The cso / host one is scandalous anyway , a full 3 piece suit, green stripes, what do they be thinking ��

• Advertisement

What about the new irish rail uniform lads ? The cso / host one is scandalous anyway , a full 3 piece suit, green stripes, what do they be thinking ��

An acceptable uniform for the role. Not as if you have to wear the coat/tie all the time…

What clothing would you prefer?

Given the weather I lve yet to see a cso/host wear the jacket.

Shirt and pants only. Drivers got the same pants as well as a Snickers type work pants.

I'd say people will just wear the older gear if they don't like the new stuff.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    An acceptable uniform for the role. Not as if you have to wear the coat/tie all the time…

What clothing would you prefer?

I personally thought the old uniform was perfect..

Professional but not over the top,

The waist coat and jacket is a bit much in my opinion, green stripes are horrible too.!

The old uniform of a normal navy pants and blue shirt and tie was perfect in my opinion, everyone has different taste I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 21 red25

Got a phone call today from Irish Rail. They have filled the vacancy in Tralee, there was only one role available despite being told that there was a few. Application will be kept on file, I won't hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

I've been put a panel that will be drawn from as engineering jobs become available.

Anyone know what hotel the csos are staying in for training lads ?

My buddy is in a course end of this month but still hadn't received any of that info

I'd guess the Ashling or the Aspect.

Ashling is what you want. The Aspect is a dive.

Is there such a thing as job swapping in irish rail ..If both workers are keen to ?

For example -

Platform and Cso

Platform and Host

Cso and Host

Anyone know the pay scale for station operative / platform job ?

Vacancies in cork.!

• Advertisement

Advertisement