Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky 500MB Broadband, Tv and and Sky Sports €55pm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

jhammer wrote: »
    Broadband installation due today but no router yet! Guessing the engineer will just bring the line in and then when it arrives its plug and play? Thankfully kept our Virgin connection in place for couple of weeks as with two people WFH no broadband would kill us.

:mad: There's a blockage leading to our house. KN civil have to get involved but i imagine the cost will be huge!!
    Would love to keep Sky Tv and stick with our current broadband but the deal for €55 for all with Sky is cheaper than what i would pay for Sky Tv on its own!!

The more i think of it its probably best to keep the current deal at €55 regardless of having no broadband!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

jhammer wrote: »
    :mad: There's a blockage leading to our house. KN civil have to get involved but i imagine the cost will be huge!!
    Would love to keep Sky Tv and stick with our current broadband but the deal for €55 for all with Sky is cheaper than what i would pay for Sky Tv on its own!!

If KN Civil are getting involved doesn't that mean that it's covered without charge to you?

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    If KN Civil are getting involved doesn't that mean that it's covered without charge to you?

Surprisingly yes this is the case. Which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Folks if you are moving from another siro to sky siro should the sky siro work immediately (is the day after activation date) while your connection to previous provider is still live? Not getting an internet connection with sky hub when I tried earlier.

Folks if you are moving from another siro to sky siro should the sky siro work immediately (is the day after activation date) while your connection to previous provider is still live? Not getting an internet connection with sky hub when I tried earlier.

It definitely should work on or after the day of activation. Worked for me with a switchover from Vodafone. The Vodafone TV box refused to play along however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Thanks, did you get any communication that it had activated? Even though activation date was yesterday it still says in progress beside the order tracking link sky sent on which also mentions them confirming when it's active (but I haven't received anything).

Thanks, did you get any communication that it had activated? Even though activation date was yesterday it still says in progress beside the order tracking link sky sent on which also mentions them confirming when it's active (but I haven't received anything).

It took a few days for it to switch to the Sky broadband but it still worked. I think the only reason it wouldn't work is if your previous provider has cut their service or if there is a technical issue, such as connection to the correct wan port or a problem with the router.
    First thing I would do is check the cable connections. Siro to router cable goes into the far right slot, 4, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If you run a speed test it will tell you who the provider is, mine has changed over to sky but I'm still using the Vodafone router as it has more ports. Will change that this weekend. The siro needs to go into port 4 on the sky router. Check that and the other connections.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 14 marcuslally2

Iguarantee wrote: »
    There are loads of happy Sky customers obviously but just to share my recent experience with Sky.

I’ve recently cancelled my Sky subscription.

They really, really make you work for the cancellation. They repeatedly told me you have to give exactly 31 days notice i.e. you can’t ring with 32 days or more or 30 days or less notice. This was contradicted by their complaints department and their own T&C document which I had signed up to when opening my account. They didn’t actually know what the rules were.

I spent more than 5 hours on the phone to Sky to cancel, ultimately being asked “are you sure you want to cancel” four times by the last agent. This was followed by “You need broadband, what are you going to do?”.

I found Sky completely unremarkable, the speeds were fine on the broadband and there was next to no downtime. Their customer service was very, very poor though.

Never again.

They are absolute bandits. And expect phone calls over the next few months offering you even more great deals to rejoin them. The level of harassment is near criminal.

Avoid them like the plague

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭ltd440

If you run a speed test it will tell you who the provider is, mine has changed over to sky but I'm still using the Vodafone router as it has more ports. Will change that this weekend. The siro needs to go into port 4 on the sky router. Check that and the other connections.
    Can I use my Vodafone router after Vodafone have cut me off??, I'm waiting for my sky kit to arrive, according to sky it will arrive last Tuesday

ltd440 wrote: »
    Can I use my Vodafone router after Vodafone have cut me off??, I'm waiting for my sky kit to arrive, according to sky it will arrive last Tuesday

Yes.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes.
    I never unplugged my Vodafone router but my broadband cut off yesterday, is there some settings I need to change?, any help would be greatly appreciated

I never unplugged my Vodafone router but my broadband cut off yesterday, is there some settings I need to change?, any help would be greatly appreciated

You need to have your sky broadband activated. When is your activation date?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

You need to have your sky broadband activated. When is your activation date?

Yesterday, 3/12,i rang sky this morning and all he was able to tell me was the info from my sky emails

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I was in the same situation. My Vodafone router didn’t work when Sky activated their broadband. I assumed it would. I didn’t try too hard to get it going, just waited for Sky router to arrive.

I rang Sky to ask the whereabouts of my router. While on the phone, I asked the question about using old router. A sales agent told me it would work but maybe some settings needed to be changed. A tech agent told me it wouldn’t work, I had to wait. Which I suspected was bollocks.

Why they are dispatching routers to arrive days after deactivating existing connections, I have no idea.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    I was in the same situation. My Vodafone router didn’t work when Sky activated their broadband. I assumed it would. I didn’t try too hard to get it going, just waited for Sky router to arrive.

I rang Sky to ask the whereabouts of my router. While on the phone, I asked the question about using old router. A sales agent told me it would work but maybe some settings needed to be changed. A tech agent told me it wouldn’t work, I had to wait. Which I suspected was bollocks.

Why they are dispatching routers to arrive days after deactivating existing connections, I have no idea.
    Can I ask how long after you got cut off till your sky router arrived, I'm hotspottng my phone fto my firestick so I have Netflix and will survive a few days without broadband but my kids are threatening a revolution if they can't game online soon

Can I ask how long after you got cut off till your sky router arrived, I'm hotspottng my phone fto my firestick so I have Netflix and will survive a few days without broadband but my kids are threatening a revolution if they can't game online soon

Got cut off on a Tuesday morning. Late that night I got email from An Post saying they had it. Was delivered Thursday morning. So 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭legend99

Exactly the same as my story. Banging my head off the wall with them yesterday. When I kept asking why did you take over the line when you knew I didn't have your router, I just didn't get an answer. I asked for one to be couriered overnight - no chance I was told.
    They have arranged a call back on Dec 10th - in a week!! - and he said if I didn't have it then they would start the process of sending a new one. In a week!! I was like are you ******* serious!
    It's a shambles.

• Advertisement

legend99 wrote: »
    Exactly the same as my story. Banging my head off the wall with them yesterday. When I kept asking why did you take over the line when you knew I didn't have your router, I just didn't get an answer. I asked for one to be couriered overnight - no chance I was told.
    They have arranged a call back on Dec 10th - in a week!! - and he said if I didn't have it then they would start the process of sending a new one. In a week!! I was like are you ******* serious!
    It's a shambles.

When I click on the sky link, it says item dispatched, but when I go further and click into the an post link it says, not on system,.
    So it looks like an post haven't even scanned it into their system yet. I guess I'm going to be waiting for a while yet

...When I kept asking why did you take over the line when you knew I didn't have your router, I just didn't get an answer...

I asked the same & was told sending out the router after line activation is standard practice. When I pointed out that means everyone moving from another supplier will be without broadband for a couple of days, they said no that isn’t the case.

Went around in circles for a little while and they said they’d pass on my feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,467 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

To be fair, I got the router before activation date. Vodafone cut off. Swapped router and up and running again. Total downtime I'd say - 5 minutes.

Can't understand how they can get it so wrong for others..

I asked the same & was told sending out the router after line activation is standard practice. When I pointed out that means everyone moving from another supplier will be without broadband for a couple of days, they said no that isn’t the case.

Went around in circles for a little while and they said they’d pass on my feedback.

I went around in a circle, I'd say 200 times. But by the way. The manager told the agent to stress how sorry it was. That cheered me up no end as in terms of trying to WFH. Made my 19 year old who is studying remotely absolutely ecstatic.

I asked him over and over why they took over the line before I had the router. And they knew I didn't have the router. He told me over and over that they have been told that An Post have a lot of workers out sick. It was soul destroying!

Anyway. I have now managed to get the eir F2000 delivering the Sky signal. Are there others here who have the F2000? I can post what I did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Can I ask people who are moving from another SIRO provider: assuming you are out of contract, did you need to contact the previous supplier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

TheDriver wrote: »
    Can I ask people who are moving from another SIRO provider: assuming you are out of contract, did you need to contact the previous supplier?

I didn't anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

I paid an extra €8 for HD.

Can someone tell me if it should say 'Sky Sports Premier League HD' in the top right hand side of the screen? Mine just says 'Sky Sports Premier League' with no HD

Thanks

Crazy having to pay for HD. Is is worth going the extra for UHD?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Crazy having to pay for HD. Is is worth going the extra for UHD?

How much extra is the uhd?

It's an extra €4 for the uhd as long as you're paying the extra €8 for HD

Del007 wrote: »
    It's an extra €4 for the uhd as long as you're paying the extra €8 for HD

Is it not an extra 6?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Is it not an extra 6?

https://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/ultra-hd/

An extra €4 on top of the €8 for HD

I went around in a circle, I'd say 200 times. But by the way. The manager told the agent to stress how sorry it was. That cheered me up no end as in terms of trying to WFH. Made my 19 year old who is studying remotely absolutely ecstatic.

I asked him over and over why they took over the line before I had the router. And they knew I didn't have the router. He told me over and over that they have been told that An Post have a lot of workers out sick. It was soul destroying!

Anyway. I have now managed to get the eir F2000 delivering the Sky signal. Are there others here who have the F2000? I can post what I did?
    I don't have that particular router but please post how you did it, it would be a help thanks

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Del007 wrote: »
    I paid an extra €8 for HD.

Can someone tell me if it should say 'Sky Sports Premier League HD' in the top right hand side of the screen? Mine just says 'Sky Sports Premier League' with no HD

Thanks

Not any more, it used to ok

I don't have that particular router but please post how you did it, it would be a help thanks

I changed the GE-WAN settings - from a variety of postings on boards.ie. The username was set to somerandomtext@skydsl and the password to somerandomtext

This deal should include on demand box sets right?

Anyone else get an error saying “you don’t have the right subscription for this feature”?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54 ✭✭tosspot

This deal should include on demand box sets right?

Anyone else get an error saying “you don’t have the right subscription for this feature”?

Yep, had this issue. I didn't go for HD package and it automatically downloads in HD. You need to change the settings from HD to standard manually before accessing them. This can be done in settings to save having to change each time you go to watch something

tosspot wrote: »
    Yep, had this issue. I didn't go for HD package and it automatically downloads in HD. You need to change the settings from HD to standard manually before accessing them. This can be done in settings to save having to change each time you go to watch something

Thanks! I had tried changing individual episodes to SD but got a different error. When I changed it in settings it worked.

Daft isn’t it. Couldn’t be difficult for them to default to the correct resolution.

I changed the GE-WAN settings - from a variety of postings on boards.ie. The username was set to somerandomtext@skydsl and the password to somerandomtext

Still no router:

"Sky, a great bunch of lads!"

Still no router:

"Sky, a great bunch of lads!"

My router arrived today, only 9 days after they switched me over from Vodafone

My router arrived today, only 9 days after they switched me over from Vodafone

When did you get an email from An Post, saying they had it?
    Sky are trying to blame them but I wonder are they slow in dispatching themselves. 9 days is shocking. You’ll be billed from the activation date too!

• Advertisement

When did you get an email from An Post, saying they had it?
    Sky are trying to blame them but I wonder are they slow in dispatching themselves. 9 days is shocking. You’ll be billed from the activation date too!

I blew them out of it. They are refunding me for a week. They used the word "compensation". I said that under no circumstances was it compensation as they would be hearing from my Solicitor if they tried to bill me for a service they had not delivered. I have also told them we will discuss compensation after I am actually receiving the service but I said that if it was not to my satisfaction that I would be going to ConReg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Anyone get their €50 mastercard or even know how to apply for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭vicM

SachaJ wrote: »
    Anyone get their €50 mastercard or even know how to apply for it?

Recieved Mine. Came in the post witih th PIN for it about 4 days ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

vicM wrote: »

How did you apply for it?

My TV was installed yesterday, but have had internet for about 3 weeks - anyone know how this will work out bill wise in 11 months time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

vicM wrote: »

When did you sign up/become a customer? Still waiting for mine after signing up at end of October.

Should we have access too Sky Go with this offer?

Since my TV was installed this week I am getting an error message saying I need to upgrade my subscription if I try watch something.

Should we have access too Sky Go with this offer?

Since my TV was installed this week I am getting an error message saying I need to upgrade my subscription if I try watch something.

Yes Sky Go is included. I had a problem with mine because the Sky iD I was using was linked to an old subscription. Set up a new one with another email & it worked.

I also had an error on my box with catch up & box sets because I don’t have HD. Going into the settings & changing the default to SD fixed that.

Yes Sky Go is included. I had a problem with mine because the Sky iD I was using was linked to an old subscription. Set up a new one with another email & it worked.

I've tried everything and can't get it to work, including setting up a different ID. Keep on getting error messages saying I need to upgrade my package to watch.

If anyone else has any ideas let us know please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Maybe this is obvious, but it wasn't to me!

I switched from Eir, and got a final bill that showed a credit on my account
    I assumed that it would go straight back to my bank account, but it seems that you have to request a refund.

Complete the Refund request form on this page:

https://www.eir.ie/support/helpandsupport/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

CH3OH wrote: »
    Maybe this is obvious, but it wasn't to me!

I switched from Eir, and got a final bill that showed a credit on my account
    I assumed that it would go straight back to my bank account, but it seems that you have to request a refund.

Complete the Refund request form on this page:

https://www.eir.ie/support/helpandsupport/

Brilliant thanks I've same issue I was recently wrongly billed by Eir for equipment even though it was returned.spent half a day on phone to complain and they eventually put credit on my old account.

Advertisement