Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supplements

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

Looking for peoples reviews on usp labs oxyelitepro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

drdeadlift wrote: »
    Looking for peoples reviews on usp labs oxyelitepro.

Useless like all fat burners IMO, get some caffeine pills instead or a pre workout before training and clean up your diet.

These fat burners are placebo at its best with all this termogenic bullsh*t, if your looking to cut up or just lose weight it's the training that's most important with a good diet.

Useless like all fat burners IMO, get some caffeine pills instead or a pre workout before training and clean up your diet.

These fat burners are placebo at its best with all this termogenic bullsh*t, if your looking to cut up or just lose weight it's the training that's most important with a good diet.

I don't take pre training or fat burners stimulants give me panic attacks.Im happy with where i am now body wise.I wanted to hear what experience people have with this specific supplement.Alot of customers report much more frequent jaunts to the jacks much larger amounts of energy and most loose significant weight within the first week.
    Again i know cals in and out count aswell as many other factors but so many folk swear by it.. rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

I like heat - thermogenesis for aiding results.

I never really saw benefits from diet pills or whatever we want to call them.

However I saw some people albeit considerably overweight who perhaps took more of the same diet pill I was taking and lost a load of weight - no exercise done just some better eating perhaps but I was still impressed.

Bottom line they can help - something like a hot chilli could be advantageous - maybe start adding some spices if tolerable to one or two meals and progress from there.

Only danger with hot spices if you feel the heat going in and going out!:)

Just to add I primarily used the diet pills as a pep pill before training.

I don't take pre training or fat burners stimulants give me panic attacks.Im happy with where i am now body wise.I wanted to hear what experience people have with this specific supplement.Alot of customers report much more frequent jaunts to the jacks much larger amounts of energy and most loose significant weight within the first week.
    Again i know cals in and out count aswell as many other factors but so many folk swear by it.. rant over

I know they do man this is where the placebo effect kicks in, I too was roped in by oxy during a cutting phase just over a year ago.

For me I got nothing from it, it was the training and diet that done it for me. As far as energy I felt a slight tingle/kick from the caffeine in it but honestly I get more of a kick from a can of monster :)

I wouldn't recommend it , most people think it works but really it's just placebo imo. honestly taking a caffeine supplement would have a similar effect with a good diet and training program.

But Ye if your sensitive to stimulants, give it a miss so because it does contain caffeine Etc.

Not too mention you would have to cycle this product, the chances are you would crash hard during off phase not to mention a great chance of putting the weight back on due to oxy supposedly suppressing your appetite.

In my experience it's a no. The only fat burners Iv seen work with my own eyes on a freind were anabolic ones for obvious reasons as you could imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

dave80 wrote: »

A quick and dirty comparison with a calculation on the back of a beermat says the single items are a little dearer, more or less what you'd expect, but their bundles are a ****ing ludicrous price :eek: - 4 item bundle for €128, nearest comparison (by goal) on myprotein is an 8 item bundle for under €50. Jaysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Comparing by goal doesn't show much unless the items are similar, including size of packets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Any one got any good sites for buying supplements in oz? shops here are ridiculous.

jugger0 wrote: »
    Any one got any good sites for buying supplements in oz? shops here are ridiculous.
    What are you looking for.
    I generally only buy ON protein from discount places, GNC or ASN are very expensive

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    What are you looking for.
    I generally only buy ON protein from discount places, GNC or ASN are very expensive

A good whey protein and maybe some jack3d if its cheap, is there a shop in town i could go to or is a website my best bet?

What city do you live in?

ON 5lb tubs are $70-80
    I bought Jack3D in ASN for I think $45

http://www.adastreet.com.au/
    http://www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au/

Are two of the more reasonable priced sites.

Can anyone recommend a supplement site that's cheaper than universalnutrition.ie?

I'm looking for a supplier to buy 2 big tubs of ON whey, two 2lb tubs of ON casein and 2 ON super mass gainers for me and a mate.

Universal nutrition quoted me 246 euro for the lot with 2 free tubs of 300g creatine that come with the mass gainers... And a free shaker and 1 or 2 other small bits with free delivery.

Do any of Ye know a place/site that can do better than 246 for the above products?

Don't want myprotein or any other brands, I'm sticking to ON for the time being as I know what I'm getting with them.

Cheers!

I find Myprotein to be better than On. At least for the whey.
    Better tastes, betting miing, and better priced.

And I was a massive ON supporter. Back in Oz now and cany get MP. So I use on. But if I had the option, I'd be using MP

What city do you live in?

ON 5lb tubs are $70-80
    I bought Jack3D in ASN for I think $45

http://www.adastreet.com.au/
    http://www.nutritionwarehouse.com.au/

Are two of the more reasonable priced sites.

Thanks a million man! im in Sydney, will check those sites out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can anyone recommend a supplement site that's cheaper than universalnutrition.ie?

I'm looking for a supplier to buy 2 big tubs of ON whey, two 2lb tubs of ON casein and 2 ON super mass gainers for me and a mate.

Universal nutrition quoted me 246 euro for the lot with 2 free tubs of 300g creatine that come with the mass gainers... And a free shaker and 1 or 2 other small bits with free delivery.

Do any of Ye know a place/site that can do better than 246 for the above products?

Don't want myprotein or any other brands, I'm sticking to ON for the time being as I know what I'm getting with them.

Cheers!

Try discountsupplements.ie

I don't think you'll get much better as the margin on ON stuff is suppose to be low.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CreativeChris

Just going back to the creatine question, in the loading phase, is it sufficient to take 1 drink in the morning, one before working out, one after working out and one at night? Or whats the best way to do it?

Cheers!
    What is your budget and are you willing to collect??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Cheers!

If you read the ingredient label you know exactly what you're getting from MyProtein, it's not that hard. Hell of a lot cheaper too. They have some very good bundles going right now, most being 60 quid for a months worth of nutrition.

Problem with other sites for brand supplements is the cheapest ones will generally have huge postal expenses invovled. BB.com is dirt cheap for brand supplements but the delivery is a killer. http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/ are also generally very good but for what you're looking at it comes too 236 without the creatine, with delivery being free.

Even though you said you don't want MyProtein, give this a look. Much better value. http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/the-bulk-up-bundle

What is your budget and are you willing to collect??

maybe, where are you? budget is no more than the 240 iv been quoted for them already.
    If you read the ingredient label you know exactly what you're getting from MyProtein, it's not that hard. Hell of a lot cheaper too. They have some very good bundles going right now, most being 60 quid for a months worth of nutrition.

Problem with other sites for brand supplements is the cheapest ones will generally have huge postal expenses invovled. BB.com is dirt cheap for brand supplements but the delivery is a killer. http://www.dolphinfitness.co.uk/en/ are also generally very good but for what you're looking at it comes too 236 without the creatine, with delivery being free.

Even though you said you don't want MyProtein, give this a look. Much better value. http://www.myprotein.com/ie/products/the-bulk-up-bundle

just dont like the brand mate, taste's like muck most of it too.

id rather fork out the extra few quid for the ON gainer which gives me more calories a serving with mostly good carbs and more protein per serving too.

myprotein doesn't even break down properly the nutritional facts on its products on the site, really don't like them their cheap for a reason imo.

cheers anyway but im trying to stick with ON i like their products and know what im getting with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Just bought two tubs 2.27kg Total Peptide (70.5% protein) 3 x 1kg peanut butter, 500g Taurine, 6kg of egg whites and 270 Omega 3 fish oil tabs for €125 with MP and free delivery.

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Just bought two tubs 2.27kg Total Peptide (70.5% protein) 3 x 1kg peanut butter, 500g Taurine, 6kg of egg whites and 270 Omega 3 fish oil tabs for €125 with MP and free delivery.

nice one

What's total peptide like? At €28 a tub I'd be tempted to pick up some.

nice one

I find it and the MP MAX range very gloopy. Too much xanthan gum. Though I'm probably just sick of shakes.

It's prop blend as well. Don't see the point in that when the competition are using their blend break down as a selling point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭marathonic

Where's it €28 a tub at? I see €44 on the site. Also, what are peoples thoughts on liquid egg whites? I've loads of protein and will be ordering my next batch of peanut butter soon. However, I may add liquid egg whites if the feedback on them is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

It's €28 a tub when you use the code JAN23 & get 30% off.

Liquid egg whites are great.
    I have 6 tbsp per day along with 3 egg whites.
    6kg lasts a v long time.
    15% off at the moment with the code LEW.

I dunno what the total peptide will be like.
    I'm sure it'll be fine. €28 a tub is a steal.
    I'll post again when it arrives and I taste it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

maybe, where are you? budget is no more than the 240 iv been quoted for them already.

id rather fork out the extra few quid for the ON gainer which gives me more calories a serving with mostly good carbs and more protein per serving too.

myprotein doesn't even break down properly the nutritional facts on its products on the site, really don't like them their cheap for a reason imo.

cheers anyway but im trying to stick with ON i like their products and know what im getting with them.

To be honest you are talking out your arsehole lol.

That's up to you. But having tasted MP, I have serious doubts that your ever tasted it.
    I don't think it does. Source?
    They break down all there products, what are you talking about?

ON is better than BSN, maximuscle etc because they cut the crap, marketing budget etc.
    This is essentially the same as MP, they just go a bit further with it.

If you'd rather us ON thats fiar enough. I use ON as MP isn't an option. But your reasions for it are silly imo.

I had a look at the nutritional info there.

ON Serious Mass - 375 cals and 15g Protein per 100g
    ON Whey Gold Standard - 394 cals and 78g Protein per 100g

MP True Gainer - 411 calls and 34g Protein per 100g
    MP Impact Whey - 393 cals and 82g Protein

I quoted the first gainer from about 4 choices. The others were similar enough, the new one had slightly more cals and protein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

nice one

How are you not enormous by now!

I wish i wasn't such a useless lazy bastard and would actually buy some stuff.

• Advertisement

I had a look at the nutritional info there.

ON Serious Mass - 375 cals and 15g Protein per 100g
    ON Whey Gold Standard - 394 cals and 78g Protein per 100g

MP True Gainer - 411 calls and 34g Protein per 100g
    MP Impact Whey - 393 cals and 82g Protein

I quoted the first gainer from about 4 choices. The others were similar enough, the new one had slightly more cals and protein.

Price wise you are generally better off with bulk supplier as at the end of the day it all comes from the same sources in Europe e.g. Glanbia

Advertisement