Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
02-06-2018, 20:53   #61
IanVW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Am I right in thinking that draw is not good for us. Means we have to win the three games pretty much. A cork win might have given us some hopes of two wins taking us through
Not sure Kev, was just reading Dermot keyes twitter and said a draw would be a good result for us
IanVW is offline  
Advertisement
02-06-2018, 21:06   #62
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Am I right in thinking that draw is not good for us. Means we have to win the three games pretty much. A cork win might have given us some hopes of two wins taking us through
There's a few ways of looking at it but all arguments considered I think it's a bad result for Waterford. A win for Cork probably would have been best for Waterford as it would mean they'd have qualified for the Munster Final before playing Waterford. Now they will have to win that game to ensure qualification and will have a week's rest beforehand. Win lose or draw, Limerick would be looking to win against Waterford anyway to qualify for the next stage. This result doesn't really change that.

It could be argued in Waterford's favour that the draw keeps the points' totals of both counties down and makes it easier to catch them. But the downside of this is that it makes points difference more likely to matter which means that Waterford probably need to win by a big margin tomorrow as their points difference is poor after the first game.
Powerhouse is offline  
02-06-2018, 21:14   #63
KevIRL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 37,600
Send a message via MSN to KevIRL
Well one things for certain after today's results...we can't be relegated to the McDonagh cup for next season anyway.
KevIRL is offline  
02-06-2018, 21:21   #64
PTH2009
Registered User
 
PTH2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,336
This whole systems annoys me

The big 4 Leinster teams have 2pts on the board when they play Offaly/Mcdonagh cup winners (when they come up from 2019 on) and Munster is dog eat dog every week. Scrap the Prov and have 2 groups of 6 with 3x Munster and 3x Leinster in each
PTH2009 is online now  
Thanks from:
02-06-2018, 22:01   #65
JeffKenna
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhouse View Post
There's a few ways of looking at it but all arguments considered I think it's a bad result for Waterford. A win for Cork probably would have been best for Waterford as it would mean they'd have qualified for the Munster Final before playing Waterford. Now they will have to win that game to ensure qualification and will have a week's rest beforehand. Win lose or draw, Limerick would be looking to win against Waterford anyway to qualify for the next stage. This result doesn't really change that.

It could be argued in Waterford's favour that the draw keeps the points' totals of both counties down and makes it easier to catch them. But the downside of this is that it makes points difference more likely to matter which means that Waterford probably need to win by a big margin tomorrow as their points difference is poor after the first game.
Is it points difference or head to head if teams finish level?
JeffKenna is offline  
Advertisement
02-06-2018, 22:05   #66
mickmackmcgoo
Registered User
 
mickmackmcgoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 941
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKenna
Is it points difference or head to head if teams finish level?
Head to head if 2 teams are level. Points difference if 3 teams are level. We can get through by winning 2 games
mickmackmcgoo is offline  
Thanks from:
03-06-2018, 10:19   #67
Cake Man
Registered User
 
Cake Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,493
Asking for a win today seems like a tall order but it would be at least encouraging to put in a decent performance. I know we’re desperate but I hope we’re not rushing back the likes of Aussie, Paudie and Noelie if they’re not fully fit. Anyway, here’s hoping for the best.

Best of luck to the minors and seniors today and safe travels to all making the journey up.
Cake Man is offline  
03-06-2018, 10:20   #68
KevIRL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 37,600
Send a message via MSN to KevIRL
Grand day for it anyway. Hopefully a decent crowd of us travel. Best of luck to both sides today.
KevIRL is offline  
Thanks from:
03-06-2018, 10:35   #69
PTH2009
Registered User
 
PTH2009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 20,336
Today's the day best of luck to the minor and seniors
PTH2009 is online now  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-06-2018, 12:23   #70
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 484
Very hot day in Limerick. Not too many around yet but there’s a buzz of excitement in the air and the sound of lawn mowers. You can’t beat match day.
Jjjjjjjbarry is offline  
03-06-2018, 12:45   #71
letsseehere14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 366
Am I right in saying a loss here today wouldn't be the end of the world for Waterford?
Beat us and cork next week and the week after when ye have more back and the likes of Gleeson with some game time under him. That'll put ye on 4 points level with cork but have them on head to head. That'll mean 3rd place minimum since all 3 of tipp Clare and limerick wouldn't be able to get 4 pts or more.
Obviously ye want to win today but given the circumstances game time for some and a stronger squad next week might give ye more of a chance.
Cork in Semple is winnable. Cork when pressurised seem to struggle to keep composure and we're not the finished article yet either. I sense an ambush from Waterford somewhere at some stage. Maybe even today?
Tempted to wander down today and see what tipp and Waterford offer. Are tipp after wakening up. Is this Waterford team going to cut loose away from systems. What can we expect next week. Yell have Moran back next week too.
letsseehere14 is offline  
03-06-2018, 12:54   #72
KevIRL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 37,600
Send a message via MSN to KevIRL
Anyone hear anything about dunford starting in place of Roche?
KevIRL is offline  
03-06-2018, 13:15   #73
Gavlor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Anyone hear anything about dunford starting in place of Roche?
No but I doubt that will be the only change to the 15 named on Friday
Gavlor is offline  
03-06-2018, 14:09   #74
KevIRL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 37,600
Send a message via MSN to KevIRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
Anyone hear anything about dunford starting in place of Roche?
Dunford in program. Probably same situation as last week with Stephen Bennett
KevIRL is offline  
03-06-2018, 14:17   #75
KevIRL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 37,600
Send a message via MSN to KevIRL
Minors down 1-5 to0-2 17 mins
KevIRL is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet