Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 premiertipp

Was at the match yesterday...ye were robbed with the goal. But some supporters on the way out were vicious to Tipp people...it was the umpires and referee ye should have been mad at...in our position we were bloody grateful for anything....thought the sending off of Mickey Cahill very harsh...worse hits in particular on Austin Gleeson and another on Seán O Brien....ref was awful to Tipp in first half..it was almost like he was giving us everything in second half to make up for it. Linesman on open stand side should visit Specsavers with the umpire!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭enoughtaken

Was at the match yesterday...ye were robbed with the goal. But some supporters on the way out were vicious to Tipp people...it was the umpires and referee ye should have been mad at...in our position we were bloody grateful for anything....thought the sending off of Mickey Cahill very harsh...worse hits in particular on Austin Gleeson and another on Seán O Brien....ref was awful to Tipp in first half..it was almost like he was giving us everything in second half to make up for it. Linesman on open stand side should visit Specsavers with the umpire!

I’ve been to many a Tipp Waterford game over the years where we’ve got it down the neck from Tipp supporters after the game. Unfortunately this happens. Don’t like it. Bad decisions for both sides yesterday but the 2 umpires make a shocking decision. But we have only ourselves to blame to squander an 11 pt lead. Very proud of our performance. Same again next week please but a win this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,759 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/munster-hurling-permutations-every-county-go-now-162382

Waterford will need to win their next two games to go through. If they do win their next two games, they will definitely go through.

If they draw with Limerick, and beat Cork, they'll be through.

If Clare beat Tipperary, Waterford can't go through unless they win their last two matches.

If they beat Limerick, and draw with Cork - their scoring difference may come against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/munster-hurling-permutations-every-county-go-now-162382

Waterford will need to win their next two games to go through. If they do win their next two games, they will definitely go through.

If Clare beat Tipperary, Waterford can't go through unless they win their last two matches.

If they beat Limerick, and draw with Cork - their scoring difference may come against them.

Also if Clare lose their last two games. We can qualify by beating cork regardless of our result against limerick.

I think...

KevIRL wrote: »

Also if Clare lose their last two games. We can qualify by beating cork regardless of our result against limerick.

I think...

Nope. We need to win last 2 matches or draw limerick and beat cork based on other results I think ....

• Advertisement

Nope. We need to win last 2 matches or draw limerick and beat cork based on other results I think ....

Losing that point yesterday could be crucial at the end of the day

Ahhhhh gets more and more frustrating everytime I think about yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

If Clare win and get something against Limerick, and we beat Cork we'll be through. Thats probably our best chance.

Scratch that, we only have one point

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Whitenblue93

Surely more waterford supporters have to travel next sunday, the crowd yesterday was pathetic to be honest, Anyone else see grown men from waterford arguing with drunk teenagers from Tipp in the terrace looked like it was going to get nasty at one stage

What's all this about pictures of Aussie pulling Mahers helmet ???

Could he be suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Tramore84

Could he be suspended

Never happened. Move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

PTH2009 wrote:

PTH2009 wrote:
    Could he be suspended

Reported in the independent today and pictured in the examiner yesterday. Unfortunately no matter what others say it appears it did happen and that would make him a serial offender.
    Somebody has to sit him down and tell him cop on because someday his luck will run out and he'll let ye down badly when he's needed most.
    I don't think he'll be pulled on it this time though solely because of the umpire incident. That shouldn't come into play but it will because this is the gaa after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RayVaughan1984

Reported in the independent today and pictured in the examiner yesterday. Unfortunately no matter what others say it appears it did happen and that would make him a serial offender.
    Somebody has to sit him down and tell him cop on because someday his luck will run out and he'll let ye down badly when he's needed most.
    I don't think he'll be pulled on it this time though solely because of the umpire incident. That shouldn't come into play but it will because this is the gaa after all.

Waterford played some exceptional stuff on Sunday.Ye can count yourselves incredibly unlucky not to have won the game.I had the feeling Gleeson wasn't 100% fit but did his best.However,it has to be said when the game was there for the taking (i.e Waterford coasting by 8 or 9 around 50 mins) Gleeson shot for two scores and missed both not to mention his shoulder and two frees he conceded.He sort of cost Waterford in a sense.Mcgrath must have been losing his life on the line.Normally Waterford are brilliant in such a situation,but they poorly managed that last quarter.As for the Goal,Mcgrath must win the award for MOSTRESTRAINEVERshown in a manager.Scandalous decision.And Callanans reaction to Ronan Mahers shot suggests that it was wide too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

The game been on TV was another reason for the poor attendance

Good news then, the game this weekend is not live on TV, with RTE showing Tipp v Clare instead.

This must mean we can expect around 20 thousand Waterford fans to travel then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Has anyone else noticed that the Waterford water boy with the beard is repeatedly getting involved in situations that have nothing to do with him? Eg entering the pitch in Cork to get the referees attention before Harnedy got red, getting involved in the scuffle down in Ennis and engaging in a shoulder fight and again in Limerick yesterday, I see him in the photos protesting with the umpire after that phantom goal. It's only a matter of time before he gets in trouble so hopefully someone has a word with him. He's annoying me and I'm from Waterford so I presume others will have spotted him too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Has anyone else noticed that the Waterford water boy with the beard is repeatedly getting involved in situations that have nothing to do with him? Eg entering the pitch in Cork to get the referees attention before Harnedy got red, getting involved in the scuffle down in Ennis and engaging in a shoulder fight and again in Limerick yesterday, I see him in the photos protesting with the umpire after that phantom goal. It's only a matter of time before he gets in trouble so hopefully someone has a word with him. He's annoying me and I'm from Waterford so I presume others will have spotted him too.

He isn’t doing anything wrong. If he was then there’d be trouble over it. He’s a great pal of Dan’s and he’s a very well respected and liked character by the players. He’s been involved with the panel since 2015 I think. Buddy is some singer too I heard!

Fair enough. Must be just me so. He'll never be as cool and classy as the other legendary water boy though. No idea of his name but I'm sure you know the fella I mean.

Fair enough. Must be just me so. He'll never be as cool and classy as the other legendary water boy though. No idea of his name but I'm sure you know the fella I mean.

Tommy Burns I presume you mean? Tommy is a gentleman and has been involved for a long time - he’s been there through a few different managers so that tells you everything you need to know about him. Really lovely man.

Noticed that as well. At the Clare match , the clare water boy was right in front of me and was doing the exact same. Running on when there was any bit of controversy.

It's something that might need clamping down on. I get a great buzz though when big Dan runs on in a pair of blue shorts and the opposition fans go crazy and start roaring at him to get off the field. It's hilarious how much it winds them up just because they know him. He had the socks pulled up like Tj Reid at the weekend too. Brilliant :)

Will Moran slot back into the team and who will lose out? Presumably Roche will drop out having done an excellent job. Other than that, same team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Hope so. Don't wanna see Dillon or Mcnulty near the team. Moran for Roche and that's that
    Stephen Bennett has a good record against Limerick underage, he'll be coming up against many of the players he faced in minor so I'm backing him to have a good game on Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CaffeineLad

trying to buy someone a student ticket online for the match on sunday? can it be done or can tickets be bought at the gaelic grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

trying to buy someone a student ticket online for the match on sunday? can it be done or can tickets be bought at the gaelic grounds?

Word of warning. At the limerick v tipp match there a few weeks ago there was a massive crowd queuing for tickets outside and the match had started. Something like only 1 ticket van with 2 windows and a couple of 100 people queuing to get them. The crowd didn't clear until about 10 minutes after the game had started.
    If you or anybody reading has to buy on the day do it early. At least an hour before throw in.

Word of warning. At the limerick v tipp match there a few weeks ago there was a massive crowd queuing for tickets outside and the match had started. Something like only 1 ticket van with 2 windows and a couple of 100 people queuing to get them. The crowd didn't clear until about 10 minutes after the game had started.
    If you or anybody reading has to buy on the day do it early. At least an hour before throw in.

cheers for this!!

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    Hope so. Don't wanna see Dillon or Mcnulty near the team. Moran for Roche and that's that
    Stephen Bennett has a good record against Limerick underage, he'll be coming up against many of the players he faced in minor so I'm backing him to have a good game on Sunday.

I’d say Mikey Kearney will be the one to lose out this weekend. Moran to replace him and they should swap Brick to the wing and Moran to the backs. Brick is perfect for the physical battle that the Limerick backs love.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Motivator wrote: »
    I’d say Mikey Kearney will be the one to lose out this weekend. Moran to replace him and they should swap Brick to the wing and Moran to the backs. Brick is perfect for the physical battle that the Limerick backs love.

Ya Kearney or Roche are likely to lose out I would think. Interesting to see if Brick is indeed returned to the forwards. He was immense on McCormack Sunday. Might do something similar and put him on Hegarty maybe as he is the main ball winner for Limerick.

DiscoStew wrote: »
    Ya Kearney or Roche are likely to lose out I would think. Interesting to see if Brick is indeed returned to the forwards. He was immense on McCormack Sunday. Might do something similar and put him on Hegarty maybe as he is the main ball winner for Limerick.

Brick was the best player on the pitch on Sunday. His reading of the game is amazing and it’s a pity that mistake he made led to a goal because he was unbelievable. At one stage in the second half he ran about 40 yards to cover a puck out that was landing down on top of Philip Mahony and his marker. Brick was about to go in front of the two players but at the last second anticipated that the ball would drop over both and he jinked his run. The ball landed over both players and without breaking stride Brick collected the ball, looked up and found a teammate. It wasn’t the flashiest of plays but it summed up his hurling brain. Nothing is rushed and there’s never a rash decision from him. He’s an absolute joy to watch and in my eyes he’s probably the best player I’ve ever seen in terms of his brain and how he uses it.

another ticket question haha how long do they take to arrive in the post? say if i buy them tonight will they get here by friday?

another ticket question haha how long do they take to arrive in the post? say if i buy them tonight will they get here by friday?

Should be there by Friday

Could u go with the print at home option

• Advertisement

https://soundcloud.com/sportsjoe-gaa-hour/derek-mcgrath-interview-magic-of-munster-umpire-meltdown

I wonder how Davy and Brian Cody would of reacted to the decision

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement