Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Are the stuff from France and Germany in those languages on the boxes or are they multi language!

I don't know if anybody has received one yet. I'm guessing they're multilanguage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't know if anybody has received one yet. I'm guessing they're multilanguage.

There are the same across Europe from what I can see. I checked ebay listings in France and Germany. Just ordered a stupid amount of them but the Villager or Resident (as Google translate tells me) and the Wii Fit Trainer are saying in stock but have no shipping date.

I ordered them from Amazon France and I think they are shipping the first week in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

All wave 1 now available for reservation at Argos. Stock arriving in stores Fri/Sat. Hope they get plenty of wave 2 in. GameStop charging €16.99 vs Argos 2 for €27. Fuppin GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

eoghanie wrote: »
    All wave 1 now available for reservation at Argos. Stock arriving in stores Fri/Sat. Hope they get plenty of wave 2 in. GameStop charging €16.99 vs Argos 2 for €27. Fuppin GameStop.

Thanks, just reserved a Villager and Marth, wish they had wave 2 up tho.
    Also the special offer ends today, wonder if it will be extended.

Also even travel a bit further into Smyths and they are only €15, still cheaper then Gamestop

• Advertisement

Thanks, just reserved a Villager and Marth, wish they had wave 2 up tho.
    Also the special offer ends today, wonder if it will be extended.

Also even travel a bit further into Smyths and they are only €15, still cheaper then Gamestop

Yeah picked up two in Smyths yesterday, one in GameStop, one in Argos, three picked up in the US last month, and the "big three" coming from Amazon.de. Two more reserved in Argos. Hope they get wave 2 up on Argos site soon. Seems the best place to pick them up. These things are like crack. I don't even have Smash Wii u yet!!

Yeah picked up two in Smyths yesterday, one in GameStop, one in Argos, three picked up in the US last month, and the "big three" coming from Amazon.de. Two more reserved in Argos. Hope they get wave 2 up on Argos site soon. Seems the best place to pick them up. These things are like crack. I don't even have Smash Wii u yet!!

I feel like I need them all and with not knowing if some are being discontinued or not the urge to get them asap is there. Got Mario, Link and Kirby from Smyths, Fox from Argos, Villager and Marth reserved in Argos now, a Wii Fit Trainer coming from Japan and DK, Yoshi and Samus as xmas gifts cause nobody knew what to get me so amiibo it was lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

are the villager, wii fit lady and marth discontinued or what?

Back available for order on Argos.ie
    Not sure if officially discontinued.

Nobody really knows for sure atm if they are discontinued, 'rare' and 'low stock' for sure tho along with Kirby for some reason, Can't figure that one out myself yet tho.

Anybody think after the main smash characters run we might end up gettin alt skins for some of the characters like the Koopa kids and Alph, Male WFT maybe? Female Robin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Allyall wrote: »
    I ordered them from Amazon France and I think they are shipping the first week in January.

I wonder if I could cancel my Amazon order if Argos have more coming in a few days? I might as well if it's possible to cancel, want to complete my collection asap :pac:
    Edit: order cancelled, getting them from Argos now, come on villager and kirby! :) Uh 6 more to buy on Friday tho, my wallet! Damn you Nintendo and your cool merchandise. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,080 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anyone know when Ike is due, seem to have a Marth reserved in Argos and would love to have both.

Anyone know when Ike is due, seem to have a Marth reserved in Argos and would love to have both.

Around January 23rd I think according to Amazon if remember correctly with some more of wave 3/4 Febuary 20th

If you're not in any hurry to get them all, Nippon-Yassan seems to restock often, It's also possible free delivery.
    It may save some heartache missing some when they go out of stock
    https://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

How many/how frequently are Amiibo's expected to be released?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How many/how frequently are Amiibo's expected to be released?

Wave 1 28th November 12 amiibo
    Wave 2 19th December 6 amiibo
    Wave 3 23rd January 6 amiibo
    Wave 4 20th February 5 amiibo

Thats just for EU its different in JPN and US wave 2 for JPN is our wave 3 and 4 where in US wave 3 and 4 are just wave 3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Wave 1 28th November 12 amiibo
    Wave 2 19th December 6 amiibo
    Wave 3 23rd January 6 amiibo
    Wave 4 20th February 5 amiibo

Thats just for EU its different in JPN and US wave 2 for JPN is our wave 3 and 4 where in US wave 3 and 4 are just wave 3

15 x 23 = 340 euro for 3 months. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Isn't it 29?

I still don't know why you need them? Or at least more than 1?

Damn.. If you've started already, it's going to be hard to stop. :(
    Isn't it 29?

In case the others break.. :pac:

Isn't it 29?

Well they work on multiple games so thats 1 reason, Unlock Mii costumes in Mario kart and lets face it they look fantastic.

Rather buy these then skylanders or Disney infinity since I dont need these to actually play the game.

• Advertisement

2nd wave now on sale in Smyths! Only a few available in Jervis St earlier on. No Little Mac though, but other five were there together with a few wave 1.

2nd wave now on sale in Smyths! Only a few available in Jervis St earlier on. No Little Mac though, but other five were there together with a few wave 1.

Have they got a proper display yet? I was in town earlier and assumed they wouldn't be on sale till tomorrow. Debating if I should go and get them now since I want Pit and he is low stock

Have they got a proper display yet? I was in town earlier and assumed they wouldn't be on sale till tomorrow. Debating if I should go and get them now since I want Pit and he is low stock

They have two cardboard display units by the tills. Think there was one Pit left. Not sure if they had any behind the counter.

They have two cardboard display units by the tills. Think there was one Pit left. Not sure if they had any behind the counter.

They probably have more behind the counter, no little mac is a shame tho. Also argos havn't updated their site to show wave 2 yet

Got a Pit and Captain Falcon.

Smyths site lists Pit as 19/12/2014 now instead of low stock.
    Captain Falcon and Zelda as Low Stock
    Villager and Marth TBC 2014
    Little Mac and WFT TBC 2015
    Luigi and Diddy in stock

Thats just Jervis street tho as its my local one

Captain Falcon in a Pele style kick pose looks stupid. Pit looks great though, anyone see what if any defective ones are available this time. Zelda looks good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

anyone see what if any defective ones are available this time.
    I got a Zelda with 2 red eyes. I've got her on eBay already, current bid is €2,400. And a Luigi with an upside-down moustache, hopin to get a few grand for him too.

:pac:

Damn was hoping for a one legged Luigi or a black face Zelda.

There was a hand-less luigi in this wave
    nohandluigi.jpg

• Advertisement

There was a hand-less luigi in this wave
    nohandluigi.jpg

:eek: Thanks for indulging my OCD.

Advertisement