Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

I want a Wario one.

All Smash characters are getting an amiibo and Wario is a hidden character so imagine he will be in with the other hidden characters in the 5th or 6th wave maybe, I dont think any hidden characters has amiibo yet, I want the Bowser Jr and clown car one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

All Smash characters are getting an amiibo and Wario is a hidden character so imagine he will be in with the other hidden characters in the 5th or 6th wave maybe, I dont think any hidden characters has amiibo yet, I want the Bowser Jr and clown car one

Well thats just great news. I didnt realise they were all getting released.

I play as Wario in Mario Kart so I'll have to buy him for that.

Will probably pick up Zelda as well because well its Zelda.

And probably Donkey Kong as he looks deadly.

Lastly I'll have to see who I play as in Smash bros and buy accordingly unless I play as Wario there too. Only time will tell there I suppose.

I wonder will Nintendo make more from a 32 year old like myself or off of kids. Judging by my comment I'm already buying at least 3, probably 4 and thats just for starters so at €15 a pop I'm giving Nintendo €60 I'd not have given them normally and I'd say I'm not alone here. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just reserved Link and Samus in Argos. How I'll use them, I don't know, but I want. :) And I'm planning on getting Hyrule Warriors, which I believe the Link one gives you the spinner for

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I want a defective one, Peach with no legs or double cannon Samus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I want a defective one, Peach with no legs or double cannon Samus.

what about a double cannon peach with captain falcons head?

• Advertisement

Looks like they're already discontinuing some
    https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/541266788441665536

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Looks like they're already discontinuing some
    https://twitter.com/VideoGamesPlus_/status/541266788441665536

Was going to post this but you beat me to it, hope its not true, Wanna pick up a Villager at least

Was looking in my local argos and they have a Marth but none of the other 2.

Was looking in my local argos and they have a Marth but none of the other 2.

Argos in the City centre don't seem to have many of them overall, and Villager, marth and Wii Fit are all gone in Smyths too

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Argos in the City centre don't seem to have many of them overall, and Villager, marth and Wii Fit are all gone in Smyths too

try tesco direct and ship to parcel motel - i got wii u fit trainer and marth ones ordered yesterday .. serious collecting here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I was gonna buy the Wii fit trainer cause I was worried nobody else would give her a home :(

Got my Link and Samus today. 2 for €27 offer. My local Smyths had loads in their display cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

If you guys are trying to find the rarer amiibos, aka marth, wii fit trainer, villager and kirby, they're all available on amazon.de (the German version of the site), between €13.99 to €14.99. There's a bit added on with tax and postage (~€7 or €8), but it's worth it if you don't want to pay a premium on the secondary market down the line. (They're sold via Amazon themselves and I've found their delivery times are actually much faster than even the .co.uk site).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just want to close my eyes tightly until this is all over..
    There are inevitably going to be ones that go up to ridiculous prices. I've 6 and I didn't want to collect them (I knew I would) :mad:.
    I've said it before, it's a racket, but to discontinue some so early.... Aggh.. That gives barely any time.. :(

Amiibo-less Amiibo

Anyway, I have just picked up
    1 x Marth @ €13.32
    1 x Villager @ €13.32
    1 x Kirby @ €13.32
    1 x WFT @ €13.32

+ VAT and Shipping = €61.41

I was going to pick up more and sell them for the price I got them, but Amazon UK just took cash for my other order, which has finally partially gone through... Nice Timing Amazon :rolleyes:.

^Oh did you buy them from eBay? That's a very reasonable price.

^Oh did you buy them from eBay? That's a very reasonable price.
    No, I did the same as you posted, but Germany didn't have one (I can't remember which one), Spain only had one left of each but didn't post them here, and France has them all at that price.

Kirby
    Wii Fit Trainer
    Marth
    Villager

Allyall wrote: »
    No, I did the same as you posted, but Germany didn't have one (I can't remember which one), Spain only had one left of each but didn't post them here, and France has them all at that price.

Kirby
    Wii Fit Trainer
    Marth
    Villager

Cool, I cancelled my other order and ordered from them instead, better value although the delivery period is longer.

Can they be used while in the box? I know the Skylanders can because I see them being used on the shop display.

Cool, I cancelled my other order and ordered from them instead, better value although the delivery period is longer.

Yeah, I don't mind the delivery period, as at this stage, it is literally just to have them.. :)

You haven't seen anywhere I can get a double cannon armed Samus? :rolleyes:
    2746926-mistakesamus-590x330.jpg

Or a Legless Peach?
    2748345-nolegspeach.jpg

Can they be used while in the box? I know the Skylanders can because I see them being used on the shop display.

No the bottom is covered up with the box then there is some sort of sticker over the bottom of the plastic where you would scan them

• Advertisement

Was buying one in Smyths today, they guy has no idea if they will be getting Villager, Marth or Wii Fit back in but said if Nintendo can make money he is sure they will, might have to order from one of these other sites tho. Which Amazon is the best to buy from or are they all the same?

Was buying one in Smyths today, they guy has no idea if they will be getting Villager, Marth or Wii Fit back in but said if Nintendo can make money he is sure they will, might have to order from one of these other sites tho. Which Amazon is the best to buy from or are they all the same?

They're all as good as each other in my experience, I've bought from UK, France, Spain, Italy and Germany, depending on which one is offering the best value. Currently the French store is selling them for €12.99 as indicated by Allyall - thanks for letting us know that Allyall! :)

I haven't seen those legless princesses or double-gun mounted Samus but I'll keep an eye out! ;)

Seems Tesco Direct are fast running out of amiibo now too, Only Fox, Peach, Donkey Kong and Samus left in stock, had Mario and Wii Fit earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A legless Peach is not so hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I was thinking this when I heard they'd started to sell out.

It's a cash cow. They'll be back.

Also like the Wii U GameCube adapter it'll create a bit of buzz and people who hadn't thought of buying the them will go out a get at least one or two.

A legless Peach is not so hard to find.

Probably cost less than $3500 as well to get her that way. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Amiibos are potentially a bit cheaper from Nippon Yasan if you're buying a few.
    They also have the all in stock

They're €9.40 each and the cheapest shipping option is €3.91 which I used before with no issues to get a pro controller

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Actually, scratch that, the shipping is €3.91 per item so it doesn't work out much cheaper than B+M here

Still potentially useful if people are having trouble finding specific amiibos

• Advertisement

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/12/08/nintendo-confirms-they-are-discontinuing-some-amiibo-figures-after-initial-shipment/
    Now some bad news again apparently wish this would get 100% confirmed instead of going back and forth

Advertisement