Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiibos....collector urge growing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

holly8 wrote: »
    I'm near galway tomorrow if that is any good?

I have a code for Galway tomorrow. Would you be able to pick it up for me and post it? I will of course pay for all that, or I could pick up one of the other Amiibo's if you were looking for a specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Corholio wrote: »
    I have a code for Galway tomorrow. Would you be able to pick it up for me and post it? I will of course pay for all that, or I could pick up one of the other Amiibo's if you were looking for a specific one.

which is your nearest argos?

holly8 wrote: »
    which is your nearest argos?

Any of the Cork ones (Queens Old Castle, Mahon and Blackpool)

yes, sure i'll collect for u. going argos later to collect some amiibos!....pm me details. do u have paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I hate these amiibos. I ordered Wii Fit Trainer, Kirby, Marth, Villager (resident) and all of the second wave from amazon.de, last week with all showing as available.
    Now the 4 first wave ones I ordered are showing as having no shipping date and the others the start of January.
    Now its too late to get those first four from Argos, Smyths or Gamestop from there restocks.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I hate these amiibos. I ordered Wii Fit Trainer, Kirby, Marth, Villager (resident) and all of the second wave from amazon.de, last week with all showing as available.
    Now the 4 first wave ones I ordered are showing as having no shipping date and the others the start of January.
    Now its too late to get those first four from Argos, Smyths or Gamestop from there restocks.

I might be able to pick some of the first wave ones for you if you were stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That's a bit of a pain alright. The waves are too close together too..

Allyall wrote: »
    That's a bit of a pain alright. The waves are too close together too..

Yeah waves 3 and 4 are spaced a bit further apart.

Got the four today in town, so happy days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I love Nintendo but this whole Amiibo release has been a total mess. I'm certain that a ton of people who may have collected them all are now not going to bother because of the rarity of certain figures.

Ok so now Amazon.de have shipped all of the ones I've ordered which include WiiFit Trainer, Villager, Marth and Kirby which had no ship dat until yesterday morning.
    Will have to return the ones I got yesterday now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Ok so now Amazon.de have shipped all of the ones I've ordered which include WiiFit Trainer, Villager, Marth and Kirby which had no ship dat until yesterday morning.
    Will have to return the ones I got yesterday now.

Or sell them... :rolleyes:

I have decided not to collect, pretty much for the reason Futureguy just mentioned. If you miss out on getting them at launch, for any reason, it's just going to get annoying.

I couldn't be bothered selling the ones I am getting, too much hassle, but I won't be collecting them. It's too much effort and It's only just beginning.

Allyall wrote: »
    Or sell them... :rolleyes:

I have decided not to collect, pretty much for the reason Futureguy just mentioned. If you miss out on getting them at launch, for any reason, it's just going to get annoying.

I couldn't be bothered selling the ones I am getting, too much hassle, but I won't be collecting them. It's too much effort and It's only just beginning.

Won't be selling them either, too much hassle and not worth it. I'd rather someone else get them for cost price, if they are still selling for mad prices on ebay.

A lot of stuff with Nintendo recently needed to be pre-ordered to avoid getting gouged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Won't be selling them either, too much hassle and not worth it. I'd rather someone else get them for cost price, if they are still selling for mad prices on ebay.

A lot of stuff with Nintendo recently needed to be pre-ordered to avoid getting gouged.

Think I'll be happy with the amiibos just from the big franchises. Have Link but will be getting Mario, Samus and Fox for chrimbo. I've no real urge to get any other ones to be honest.

Don't see the problem with the launch to be honest. More obscure figures were always gonna be not made in the same quantities as the staple names. Gougers on ebay will sadly always be there regardless, whether it comes to amiibo's or a doll from Frozen.

I do think the waves are a bit close together though, and I think this has aggravated the whole trying to get all of them situation.

Don't see the problem with the launch to be honest. More obscure figures were always gonna be not made in the same quantities as the staple names. Gougers on ebay will sadly always be there regardless, whether it comes to amiibo's or a doll from Frozen.

I do think the waves are a bit close together though, and I think this has aggravated the whole trying to get all of them situation.

The ones before Christmas were too close together but the ones in Jan and Feb aren't too bad.

Any word of Meta Knight and Shulk being released here? Meta Knight is a Best Buy exclusive in the US and Shulk is a Gamestop one, and both don't seem to be on pre order on any sites here.

Edit: I see Meta Knight isn't released until 20 Feb, so maybe bit early for sites to have it up yet.

Any word of Meta Knight and Shulk being released here? Meta Knight is a Best Buy exclusive in the US and Shulk is a Gamestop one, and both don't seem to be on pre order on any sites here.

Edit: I see Meta Knight isn't released until 20 Feb, so maybe bit early for sites to have it up yet.

they were on pre-order on Nintendo UK but sold out and they were on Game website.

I have some reservation codes for some amiibo's in Queens Old Castle Argos in Cork if anyone wants them. Managed to pick up some already.

They are codes for Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Marth and Pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

I have some reservation codes for some amiibo's in Queens Old Castle Argos in Cork if anyone wants them. Managed to pick up some already.

How long are they available for

jojololo wrote: »
    How long are they available for

Marth and Villager are until the 27th, the other 2 are for only tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jojololo

Marth and Villager are until the 27th, the other 2 are for only tonight.
    Could you pm me Villager's Code?

jojololo wrote: »
    Could you pm me Villager's Code?

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,087 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mix up with my reservations I have a spare Marth Figure looking for Kirby or Luigi only.

hahaha!!! did you see my PM??

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

To go back to the launch, I agree the first 2 waves were pretty close but I also think the fact that wave 1 had 12 while wave 2 and 3 have 6 with wave 4 having 5 kind of caused some problems, Just a lot of them all out there at once. Hope there is a bit of a break until wave 5 tho.

Guys and gals, lots in Argos from all of wave 1, Villagers, WFT and Marth. Big order today.

Also keep an eyeout in Gamestop - they are getting them in in trickles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Guys and gals, lots in Argos from all of wave 1, Villagers, WFT and Marth. Big order today.

Also keep an eyeout in Gamestop - they are getting them in in trickles.

Thanks for that! I got bit by the Amiibo bug last week too. Gamestop are crazy expensive so not going near them.

Get the fast lads as they are starting to appear on adverts for 30 a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭souleater3000

There was a custom Deity Link on adverts during the week. First he wanted any offer from €1 up, then he took that down and put it up for €50 while trying to sell it on ebay at the same time. Now I just don't see it, not sure if its sold or not.

• Advertisement

There was a custom Deity Link on adverts during the week. First he wanted any offer from €1 up, then he took that down and put it up for €50 while trying to sell it on ebay at the same time. Now I just don't see it, not sure if its sold or not.

I saw that. Some guy bought it off him for about 1 euro but then left neg feedback for him so I presume the deal didn't go through.

Advertisement