Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas 2018 Purchases.(Gift, decorations, food,etc)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    I'm off sick so, I'm buying this to cheer myself up :D

(I'm also buying a halloween one)

The bow is gorgeous. As I have a red door I’m getting a wreath to put on it if it wasn’t red I’d deffo be getting the bow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

You can get gold, green and silver bows too...just in case you're tempted!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    The bow is gorgeous. As I have a red door I’m getting a wreath to put on it if it wasn’t red I’d deffo be getting the bow.

Have you moved in yet Lough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I'm off sick so, I'm buying this to cheer myself up :D

(I'm also buying a halloween one)

Link to ebay seller?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Have you moved in yet Lough?

Moving in, in 3 weeks!!! Super excited!!!

Moving in, in 3 weeks!!! Super excited!!!

Lucky you! We are moving out of our apartment on Saturday but still haven’t found a house so moving home.

Not looking likely I’ll be in somewhere before Xmas

Lucky you! We are moving out of our apartment on Saturday but still haven’t found a house so moving home.

Not looking likely I’ll be in somewhere before Xmas

Oh no!! :(

Make the use of being back at home, make sure Mammy Kitten spoils you.

I’m currently on tender hooks to make sure we’ll be all setup and have floors, blinds, curtains and furniture all in, in time for Christmas setup.

Ah sure there will be plenty more Christmas to be had.

Looking forward to seeing your decorations this year

• Advertisement

Ah sure there will be plenty more Christmas to be had.

Looking forward to seeing your decorations this year

Fingers crossed I get time to pop out and get the ones I want. The floors will barely be laid and I’ll be looking to put up the the tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Fingers crossed I get time to pop out and get the ones I want. The floors will barely be laid and I’ll be looking to put up the the tree.

Is it a brand new house Loughc?
    If so, lucky you, i'd love to have had the flexibility that a blank canvas such as that brings. When I bought our house it had been lived in by a DIY freak who had the most awful taste in colour & finishes... It took me years (& a wife) to get it the way 'we' wanted;)

Either way, best of luck.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Is it a brand new house Loughc?
    If so, lucky you, i'd love to have had the flexibility that a blank canvas such as that brings. When I bought our house it had been lived in by a DIY freak who had the most awful taste in colour & finishes... It took me years (& a wife) to get it the way 'we' wanted;)

Either way, best of luck.

Yes it’s a new build. It’s very exciting we’re just want to be in now we bought back in April.

Yes it’s a new build. It’s very exciting we’re just want to be in now we bought back in April.

Ah, once you get the keys in time to get it set for christmas you'll be laughing, the wait wont seem so bad then.

Exciting times!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

She got it in the giftworks Ennis but they have a shop in Limerick also. here is there website http://www.giftworks.ie/

They actually plug in or use batteries and they looks really nice when plugged in tested it last night.

Santa phone boxes also avail in the Eyre Sq S.C. Saw them 2 weeks ago. Think it’s Tierneys Gift Store and they have a few branches in Dublin...just in case anymore people are looking for em!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Well my stocking for my little pudding has arrived. I had to made out of her baby clothes i am delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's amazing! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

ciara007 wrote: »
    Well my stocking for my little pudding has arrived. I had to made out of her baby clothes i am delighted with it

I love them! Where did you get them from?

On sale in Aldi on Thursday

463850.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,954 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^^^^

That is gorgeous !
    Definitely making a trip to Aldi on Thursday now , thanks for posting that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Picked this up in Tiger this morning.

464186.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ordered 3 gifts from Boots online last night, went to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this morning, it was busy quite early I got one other present I didn't hang around long, I will make another trip out soon I want to go to M&S and check out the new Carriag Donn shop plus homesense

Carraig donn has opened in Blanch??!!?? How did I not know this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I saw it advertised on Facebook.
    My two local Carraig Donn's have closed down.

It’s where French Connection used to be, although I didn’t realise it had opened already.

I love Carraig Donn. Got this gorgeous decoration there last year at half price in their sale :)

Yeah it opened in Blanch yesterday :)

Don’t know what the red emoji is above sorry I posted quickly on my phone

Beautiful decoration Jellybear and Toto my friend has picked me up stunning decorations from Carraig Donn over the years I adore them I’m hoping I can add to my collection when I get to the new store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love Carraig Donn. Got this gorgeous decoration there last year at half price in their sale :)

I think that's why my one's closed in Cork people only really shopped in the sale.

Yeah, they are a bit in the expensive side. Their stuff is generally very good quality though. I just got lucky the day I saw that the sale was on :D

Off work today, kids are off school so I'm parenting... will be popping down to the Blanch SC later with them so must check out the crimbo shops, always incredibly tempting to pickup something nice, especially as we got paid yesterday:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nothing bought for Christmas yet. First year living with my girlfriend so will have to pick up a new set of decorations. We'll probably start picking up bits in the next week or two.
    As for presents....I will do my tradition and buy all the selection boxes I need as the first presents to buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

This will be our first year married, we were still using the decorations that my OH and his ex had when they lived in the house. Definitely need to get out for new ones this year!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi everyone. Bought tickets for myself and my daughter to see Les Mis in January, and booked a night in hotel. That’s her pretty much sorted, got her a new iPhone for her 16th in Sept so I told her that was birthday and Christmas gift so she’ll be shocked and delighted with tickets. I can’t wait. Just a few stocking fillers and she’s done.

Ah that sounds great. What a lovely surprise. :)

collected my gifts from Boots that I ordered online they are part of my friends gifts il have to have a look out for something else too, hopefully get them finished off soon, I have his sister finished now completely,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I haven’t really started to think about Christmas yet as we are planning to move house at the end of November.

However, I was in IKEA today and I couldn’t resist some gorgeous paper star-shaped lights. They’ll be beautiful at Christmas. Search Stråla, €10 each

str%C3%A5la-table-decoration-star-shaped__0580591_pe670498_s4.jpg

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^^^^

That is gorgeous !
    Definitely making a trip to Aldi on Thursday now , thanks for posting that :)

Did anyone get the Flame Effect Lantern from Aldi? Just saw this thread now and am way too late. Just wondering if it looks as good in real life as it does in the photo!

Did anyone get the Flame Effect Lantern from Aldi? Just saw this thread now and am way too late. Just wondering if it looks as good in real life as it does in the photo!

My mam got it. Seems to be sold out in a lot of Aldis, my sister has been lookong for one. Personally, I like it but it is quite fake looking. I've attached a picture of it...it's a screenshot from a video so sorry about the play sign! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Lidl have something similar from Monday.

• Advertisement

Bought a plain wreath in Ikea for €8 yesterday. I had to talk myself out of going into Dealz at lunchtime to get decorations for it. I figure that the longer I wait, the more choice I'll have. It's my first ever wreath so I'm very excited!

Bought a plain wreath in Ikea for €8 yesterday. I had to talk myself out of going into Dealz at lunchtime to get decorations for it. I figure that the longer I wait, the more choice I'll have. It's my first ever wreath so I'm very excited!

Penneys have tiny baubles that would be gorgeous on that :)

That's a lovely wreath. Very natural and real looking. :)

It’s surprisingly nice for €8 isn’t it? I spent the whole walk back to the car talking about how much of a bargain it is. :D

I love a bargain Toto, dealz had a lot of Christmas stuff yesterday when I popped in, your wreath will be fab

I'm online all day trying to get these Nike Golf shoes for himself that are meant to be released to Nike Plus members today they haven't appeared, they are meant to be on general sale tomorrow to the public I hope its not just the USA and I can get them online tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Bought my first ever Christmas duvet today. Penguins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I bought this last night:
    https://riverlanememories.com/collections/personalised-christmas-gifts/products/personalised-christmas-eve-box-with-festive

It's a bit dear but I figure that we'll have it for years :D And hopefully it'll be the start of a new tradition for us. I have a copy of the Night Before Christmas to put in it and I'll put some sweets in too for the kids.

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I bought this last night:
    https://riverlanememories.com/collections/personalised-christmas-gifts/products/personalised-christmas-eve-box-with-festive

It's a bit dear but I figure that we'll have it for years :D And hopefully it'll be the start of a new tradition for us. I have a copy of the Night Before Christmas to put in it and I'll put some sweets in too for the kids.

I love them, they're gorgeous!

I also treated myself to a Yankee Christmas Magic candle - it smells divine! Am WFH today and have it lit, it's so nice :D

And it was half price so win win!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I also treated myself to a Yankee Christmas Magic candle - it smells divine! Am WFH today and have it lit, it's so nice :D

And it was half price so win win!

God I miss being able to WFH :(

I do it three days a week, Loughc, as otherwise I've a two hour commute (thanks M50 :rolleyes: ) But you've got to be disciplined! Speaking of which......bye! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement