Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 Purchases.(Gift, decorations, food,etc)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

newmem wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Would just like to get everyones opinion on getting gifts. Do you prefer to buy gifts from your own ideas or do you try to get people on your list to say what they would like as gifts. Personally I prefer not to know before xmas morning what I am going to receive but my OH always wants to know beforehand.

I would just like to see what way other people do this?

Yeah my OH is very much here is a list, buy from this list, where I love the idea of surprise presents. But everyone is different I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,302 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

newmem wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Would just like to get everyones opinion on getting gifts. Do you prefer to buy gifts from your own ideas or do you try to get people on your list to say what they would like as gifts. Personally I prefer not to know before xmas morning what I am going to receive but my OH always wants to know beforehand.

I would just like to see what way other people do this?

It really depends on the person to be honest. Some people can do surprises and others can't!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

DvB wrote: »
    We're way behind this year. Have not a single thing bought, wil be waiting until October to do the bulk of it now by the looks of it. Kids havent declared or even hinted at what they want & teasing it out is proving to be futile at the moment... hope that changes soon!!

Update on this. Finished the kids santa shop as of today, always a huge relief once thats done & dusted. Now its just the presents for the rest of the family (mostly cash and/or vouchers) & one another (hardest of all;)) & we're done for 2018.

To answer the question above I tend to not have a list as if I really want something I tend to just buy it so am happy with whatever herself gets me, whereas she prefers to pick exactly what she wants & I just pay for it & wrap it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

These get delivered this weekend: https://www.amazon.com/Prextex-Christmas-Pathway-Markers-Decoration/dp/B017C1CWKU

For the walkway up to our hall door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭amber2

Jude13 wrote: »
    These get delivered this weekend: https://www.amazon.com/Prextex-Christmas-Pathway-Markers-Decoration/dp/B017C1CWKU

it says only works with 110 volts. It’s in customer questions, maybe that’s incorrect.

Edit: they look fabulous!

• Advertisement

Yes it does, which is the same as my outside lights. I have a voltage converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Jude13 wrote: »

Brilliant! Would love a set of these, the kids would go nanas for them.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They're fantastic!! :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep I need these. Anyone see them or similar in Ireland send us the link!

I may have to test them when they arrive to show you guys.....and then forget to take them down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

My wife picked this up today, she got the santa one but it also comes in a snowman family one. Love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I definitely prefer to give and receive surprises.
    But if you ask me what I want, and I tell you, then you better get me what I want!!

Not still working through my no-unicycle disappointment at all, I swear. I got it the next year, but not sure I'm ready to trust again yet.

I was ~30 and asked my wife for it, she thought I was joking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Loughc wrote: »
    Yep I need these. Anyone see them or similar in Ireland send us the link!

I got the multicoloured versions in Musgraves last year (mains connected), but I also remember seeing the red and white version (battery operated) in Home Store and More.

I got the multicoloured versions in Musgraves last year (mains connected), but I also remember seeing the red and white version (battery operated) in Home Store and More.

Thank you, either or Mains or Batteries is fine with me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

If you're near it, you might get them in Beech Vista garden centre just off the M50 at the Finglas exit. They've a HUGE Christmas shop. It's open all year round :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

My wife picked this up today, she got the santa one but it also comes in a snowman family one. Love it...

Oh I love it! Where did she get it do you know?

She got it in the giftworks Ennis but they have a shop in Limerick also. here is there website http://www.giftworks.ie/

They actually plug in or use batteries and they looks really nice when plugged in tested it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Update: my Santy in a Telefon box arrived today :D It's amazing! I love, love, love it! :D

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Update: my Santy in a Telefon box arrived today :D It's amazing! I love, love, love it! :D

There actually really nice when switched on aren't they, really sparkly

I'm off sick so, I'm buying this to cheer myself up :D

(I'm also buying a halloween one)

• Advertisement

jellybear wrote: »

The bow is gorgeous. As I have a red door I’m getting a wreath to put on it if it wasn’t red I’d deffo be getting the bow.

You can get gold, green and silver bows too...just in case you're tempted!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

The bow is gorgeous. As I have a red door I’m getting a wreath to put on it if it wasn’t red I’d deffo be getting the bow.

Have you moved in yet Lough?

jellybear wrote: »

Link to ebay seller?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Have you moved in yet Lough?

Moving in, in 3 weeks!!! Super excited!!!

Moving in, in 3 weeks!!! Super excited!!!

Lucky you! We are moving out of our apartment on Saturday but still haven’t found a house so moving home.

Not looking likely I’ll be in somewhere before Xmas

Lucky you! We are moving out of our apartment on Saturday but still haven’t found a house so moving home.

Not looking likely I’ll be in somewhere before Xmas

Oh no!! :(

Make the use of being back at home, make sure Mammy Kitten spoils you.

I’m currently on tender hooks to make sure we’ll be all setup and have floors, blinds, curtains and furniture all in, in time for Christmas setup.

Ah sure there will be plenty more Christmas to be had.

Looking forward to seeing your decorations this year

• Advertisement

Ah sure there will be plenty more Christmas to be had.

Looking forward to seeing your decorations this year

Fingers crossed I get time to pop out and get the ones I want. The floors will barely be laid and I’ll be looking to put up the the tree.

Advertisement