Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 Purchases.(Gift, decorations, food,etc)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,132 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Fingers crossed I get time to pop out and get the ones I want. The floors will barely be laid and I’ll be looking to put up the the tree.

Is it a brand new house Loughc?
    If so, lucky you, i'd love to have had the flexibility that a blank canvas such as that brings. When I bought our house it had been lived in by a DIY freak who had the most awful taste in colour & finishes... It took me years (& a wife) to get it the way 'we' wanted;)

Either way, best of luck.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DvB wrote: »
    Is it a brand new house Loughc?
    If so, lucky you, i'd love to have had the flexibility that a blank canvas such as that brings. When I bought our house it had been lived in by a DIY freak who had the most awful taste in colour & finishes... It took me years (& a wife) to get it the way 'we' wanted;)

Either way, best of luck.

Yes it’s a new build. It’s very exciting we’re just want to be in now we bought back in April.

Loughc wrote: »
    Yes it’s a new build. It’s very exciting we’re just want to be in now we bought back in April.

Ah, once you get the keys in time to get it set for christmas you'll be laughing, the wait wont seem so bad then.

Exciting times!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

She got it in the giftworks Ennis but they have a shop in Limerick also. here is there website http://www.giftworks.ie/

They actually plug in or use batteries and they looks really nice when plugged in tested it last night.

Santa phone boxes also avail in the Eyre Sq S.C. Saw them 2 weeks ago. Think it’s Tierneys Gift Store and they have a few branches in Dublin...just in case anymore people are looking for em!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Well my stocking for my little pudding has arrived. I had to made out of her baby clothes i am delighted with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

ciara007 wrote: »
    Well my stocking for my little pudding has arrived. I had to made out of her baby clothes i am delighted with it

I love them! Where did you get them from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

On sale in Aldi on Thursday

463850.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

^^^^^

That is gorgeous !
    Definitely making a trip to Aldi on Thursday now , thanks for posting that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Picked this up in Tiger this morning.

464186.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Ordered 3 gifts from Boots online last night, went to Blanchardstown Shopping Centre this morning, it was busy quite early I got one other present I didn't hang around long, I will make another trip out soon I want to go to M&S and check out the new Carriag Donn shop plus homesense

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Carraig donn has opened in Blanch??!!?? How did I not know this!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jellybear wrote: »

I think I saw it advertised on Facebook.
    My two local Carraig Donn's have closed down.

It’s where French Connection used to be, although I didn’t realise it had opened already.

I love Carraig Donn. Got this gorgeous decoration there last year at half price in their sale :)

Yeah it opened in Blanch yesterday :)

Don’t know what the red emoji is above sorry I posted quickly on my phone

Beautiful decoration Jellybear and Toto my friend has picked me up stunning decorations from Carraig Donn over the years I adore them I’m hoping I can add to my collection when I get to the new store

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I love Carraig Donn. Got this gorgeous decoration there last year at half price in their sale :)

I think that's why my one's closed in Cork people only really shopped in the sale.

Yeah, they are a bit in the expensive side. Their stuff is generally very good quality though. I just got lucky the day I saw that the sale was on :D

Off work today, kids are off school so I'm parenting... will be popping down to the Blanch SC later with them so must check out the crimbo shops, always incredibly tempting to pickup something nice, especially as we got paid yesterday:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nothing bought for Christmas yet. First year living with my girlfriend so will have to pick up a new set of decorations. We'll probably start picking up bits in the next week or two.
    As for presents....I will do my tradition and buy all the selection boxes I need as the first presents to buy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

This will be our first year married, we were still using the decorations that my OH and his ex had when they lived in the house. Definitely need to get out for new ones this year!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Hi everyone. Bought tickets for myself and my daughter to see Les Mis in January, and booked a night in hotel. That’s her pretty much sorted, got her a new iPhone for her 16th in Sept so I told her that was birthday and Christmas gift so she’ll be shocked and delighted with tickets. I can’t wait. Just a few stocking fillers and she’s done.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah that sounds great. What a lovely surprise. :)

collected my gifts from Boots that I ordered online they are part of my friends gifts il have to have a look out for something else too, hopefully get them finished off soon, I have his sister finished now completely,

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I haven’t really started to think about Christmas yet as we are planning to move house at the end of November.

However, I was in IKEA today and I couldn’t resist some gorgeous paper star-shaped lights. They’ll be beautiful at Christmas. Search Stråla, €10 each

str%C3%A5la-table-decoration-star-shaped__0580591_pe670498_s4.jpg

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    ^^^^^

That is gorgeous !
    Definitely making a trip to Aldi on Thursday now , thanks for posting that :)

Did anyone get the Flame Effect Lantern from Aldi? Just saw this thread now and am way too late. Just wondering if it looks as good in real life as it does in the photo!

Did anyone get the Flame Effect Lantern from Aldi? Just saw this thread now and am way too late. Just wondering if it looks as good in real life as it does in the photo!

My mam got it. Seems to be sold out in a lot of Aldis, my sister has been lookong for one. Personally, I like it but it is quite fake looking. I've attached a picture of it...it's a screenshot from a video so sorry about the play sign! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Lidl have something similar from Monday.

• Advertisement

Bought a plain wreath in Ikea for €8 yesterday. I had to talk myself out of going into Dealz at lunchtime to get decorations for it. I figure that the longer I wait, the more choice I'll have. It's my first ever wreath so I'm very excited!

Advertisement