Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

***** Motors chat - round 12 *****

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Have 05 Citroen berlingo 1.9 battery keeps going dead so put new battery in it n it doing same only battery light comes on nothing else would it be loose connection or is it alternator???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I got a bit of good news today, waiting almost 5 months for an outcome but finally received a settlement for damage caused to the car due to hitting a pothole.

Ditto, got settlement the other day for a burst tyre. Took 2 months but the key is in completing the initial claim form right, you need to have all your ducks in a row when tackling the Co co.

What's even stranger is the stretch of road that I burst the tyre was never repaired, it's worse than ever now... Despite me giving exact coordinates of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

marathon wrote: »
    Have 05 Citroen berlingo 1.9 battery keeps going dead so put new battery in it n it doing same only battery light comes on nothing else would it be loose connection or is it alternator???

Most likely alternator.

Get a multimeter and put it on when running the voltage should be around 14v maybe 13v.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

Augeo wrote: »
    You bought a scrap engine and it's in the boot of your car?

And it's deep in there too.

Anyone who says a rotary engine is light never had to manhandle one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Dartz wrote: »
    And it's deep in there too.

Anyone who says a rotary engine is light never had to manhandle one.

So it's now technically rear engined?

I'll see myself out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

So it's now technically rear engined?

It's a boirrowed car with an engine rattling in the boot until I figure out how to remove it. It's turned the handling utterly shocking rocking back and forth, lurching on the sump and otherwise making it's weight felt.

I'm sort of aware that iuf I stuff it I'll have 120kg of solid metal escaping through the back seats at 140kph too.

Wheee!

Best not crash then.

You can reduce the harsh look of that by polishing it but there seems to be paint removed so it won't polish out completely.

Not to mention the dent / panel damage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Augeo wrote: »
    Not to mention the dent / panel damage

True but I was talking about the paint alone ;)

True but I was talking about the paint alone ;)

No doubt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Ditto, got settlement the other day for a burst tyre. Took 2 months but the key is in completing the initial claim form right, you need to have all your ducks in a row when tackling the Co co.

What's even stranger is the stretch of road that I burst the tyre was never repaired, it's worse than ever now... Despite me giving exact coordinates of it.

I rang on a few occasions to find out the status of the claim. It was bounced around a number of departments before finally been settled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Got my insurance renewal sorted during the week a year older, extra year NCD and €500 cheaper I’ll count that as a win first time under 1k not bad when I am still 23. A4 must have a lower loading than previous cars for it to be that much cheaper.

CIP4 wrote: »
    Got my insurance renewal sorted during the week a year older, extra year NCD and €500 cheaper I’ll count that as a win first time under 1k not bad when I am still 23. A4 must have a lower loading than previous cars for it to be that much cheaper.

Wow that's a really good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just got overtaken in the Burren by Ronan Keating in his MacLaren. Think it’s his anyway? R8NAN

I think he could buy 10 and still have money left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

OSI wrote: »
    Ronan Keating can afford a McLaren?

Ah shur its only a 650S

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fair Play....

Need more decent cars here I'm sick of looking at poverty spec sh1tboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

Wow that's a really good deal.

Moving from liberty to Aviva so all the same comprehensive cover, windscreen, breakdown assist all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fair Play....

Very sharp!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I just got overtaken in the Burren by Ronan Keating in his MacLaren. Think it’s his anyway? R8NAN

The shame, you should have dropped the civic down to second gear and let the vtec roar!

Goodbye mr McLaren!

• Advertisement

He was well able to drive it!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭marathon

Anyone got diagram of how fan belt goes on 05citroen berlingo van took it off n never took photo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Does anyone know how to remove the cyclinder head temp sensor from a ford focus mk1, thanks!. I've been struggle to release it for the past half hour, the cúnting hoor of a yolk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Why do some people think that just because it's not the M50 that they can treat a motorway like an N road. Not for the first time,I passed cyclists on the M11 Gorey Bypass. Madness.
    The craziest thing I saw on the same road was two motorcyclists stopped on the hard shoulder having a cuppa.
    I used to work on motorways once upon a time and unless you have to,the hard shoulder is not a place to be.

Why do some people think that just because it's not the M50 that they can treat a motorway like an N road. Not for the first time,I passed cyclists on the M11 Gorey Bypass. Madness.
    The craziest thing I saw on the same road was two motorcyclists stopped on the hard shoulder having a cuppa.
    I used to work on motorways once upon a time and unless you have to,the hard shoulder is not a place to be.

Been on the side of any road is a dangerous place.

Whether it's n or m I rather keep away.

There not too long ago had a blow out on a brand new Tyre and I was off far from the main section over in a service bay on the m50 and the wind and body shake on the car from those passing by is unreal.

Not the 1st time but it's a feeling one would never get use too.

It's such a dangerous place to be.

I'm in a petrol jeep renegade the last few weeks, presumed it was 1.6 initially..... it's actually a 1.4 multiair.

Amazing the difference between it and the other modern small cc turbo petrol I drove 18 months ago....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=102386916&postcount=2940

The Astra was what you'd expect a turbo to be in years gone by....the multiair is more refined, more linear in the power delivery. In the renegade though it's impressive if you think it's a 1.6 nasp....it's a bit meh when you discover it's a 140bhp turbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone know how much I should be paying to get some codes cleared off the car? I've fixed the issues just need the codes cleared. Cars and e60 M Sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Duff wrote:
    Anyone know how much I should be paying to get some codes cleared off the car? I've fixed the issues just need the codes cleared. Cars and e60 M Sport.

Varies, seen a mates receipt for work done to his car, with diagnostics down at 20. Have heard of places charging 50 just to connect the computer. If you know anyone that has the software they might do it for handy enough money, the fella I go to never charges for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Generally the codes will clear themselves after a certain number of drive cycles without the issue returning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement