Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Scenes, Moments etc

• 28-07-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously enough this thread contains spoilers, even as far as the current episode on US television which is season 5, episode 2, so if you don't want to know anything don't read on :)

Here's some of my favourites, in no particular order:

From Season 4, Episode 6 - Walt: ''I am the one who knocks''

It feels like ages ago now but even up as near as 8 episodes ago Skylar didn't really know just how deep Walt was into all of this and she finally realised that shit had got real :pac:

From Season 3, Episode 12 - Mike's half measures speech:

Mike tells Walt about how he let someone off the hook before and regretted it ever since, saying he'd never take a ''half measure'' again. Looks like he did by not killing Lydia in season 5, episode 2 so will his mistake come back to haunt him again? Great scene IMO.

From Season 2, Episode 10 - Walt: ''stay out of my territory''

This was the moment Walt started to get braver and braver. Before this he had always avoided confrontation and now he had scared off a rival dealer simply by his angry tone and expression. One of the main turning points in the whole show.

From Season 3 Finale - Jesse killing Gale

A killing that I think was inspired by Mike's ''no half measures'' speech to Walt who never forgot that. Jesse obviously doesn't want to kill Gale but it has come down to either Gale or them, and there's only going to be one winner there.

Anything by Saul Goodman:

Not the best highlight video of Saul, but the only one I could find. The man is absolutely hilarious and, along with Mike, is my favourite character in the show.

I'll leave it there for now, hopefully others will add some too :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus... very hard to pick but these 3 for a start:

1x02 - Cat's In The Bag - Acid In The Bathtub - this scene made me fall in love with the show. What a scene.. hilarious, disgusting and unexpected!

3x12 - Half Measures - "Run... " - the first time where you get a realisation of how far Walt has come. Shocking, and brilliant!

3x07 - One Minute - Hank And The Cousins - Can't find the full scene but we all know it. Hank is bad.. ass!

These three from the top of my head but I could be here all night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

A few of my favourite scenes are already mentioned; the Half Measures shootout, Hank's showdown with the cousins, Walt warning the rival dealer to get out of his territory.

Another few of my favourites are:

1x03 - …And the Bag's in the River - An early one, but brilliant. Walt was just about to release Krazy 8 when he realised a piece of the broken plate was missing, and Krazy 8 was going to stab him. He realised then he had little option but to kill him. That was the first step in a long road going from Walt being a mild-mannered chemistry teacher to a ruthless drug dealer. There was no going back after that.

1x06 - Crazy Handful of Nothin - Walt showing how he could stand up to a psycho like Tuco using his intelligence. He got the money back that was stole from Jesse and earned Tuco's respect in showing he wasn't to be messed with. Genius.

4x10 - Salud - Excellent scene all round. Showed how ruthless Gus could be, how he was willing to risk his own life to kill the don and showed what a badass he was calling out anyone who wanted to fight him even though he was nearly dying!

Couldn't find a good quality video of the whole scene but the best I could see was these two:

But my favourite scene of all has to be the Half-Measures shootout. I can't remember another time when I literally said aloud "Holy f*ck!" after watching a tv episode, and I was on my own!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Love that scene from the first season!!

Walt: "Why are you doing this?"

Eh coz he's a drug dealer called "Krazy 8" who you tied to a post with a bicycle lock for days on end!! (among other reasons!)

When the tear rolls down Walt's cheek just before he kills him, quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Ted the clumsiest fella I've ever seen ,
    When he tripped on the carpet and bounced his nugget of the dresser ,

I've never laughed like that watching any programme

Hank singing the eye of the tiger
    Another comedy gold moment .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the reveal of exactly what the pink teddy we keep seeing shots of throughout the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Some of my favourite moments have already been mentioned but this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

End of season 4...when the camera zooms in on "Lily of the Valley" that was a really "Holy ****" moment

Cruelest moment in the whole show.

enhanced-buzz-16307-1341948880-9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Watching those early scenes again, it's remarkable how less 'Gangsta' Jesse's speech became in later series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This is my favorite montage in the entire show. I love how it's kinda the calm before the storm during that episode too. The small things make this show great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

After this weeks episode I think I have to add the car scene from the very beginning to my top moments.

I wasn't too sure what Walt was thinking by selling the car until he pulled up in the Chrysler. Not gonna lie I gave a big fist pump when Junior pulled up in the Dodge moments later. I think it's every 16 year olds dream to have a 500 bhp car and thankfully Skylar didn't ruin it this time around.

Oh and not to mention that we see the return of the most infamous hat in television history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

After this weeks episode I think I have to add the car scene from the very beginning to my top moments.

I wasn't too sure what Walt was thinking by selling the car until he pulled up in the Chrysler. Not gonna lie I gave a big fist pump when Junior pulled up in the Dodge moments later. I think it's every 16 year olds dream to have a 500 bhp car and thankfully Skylar didn't ruin it this time around.

Oh and not to mention that we see the return of the most infamous hat in television history.

I actually didn't like that scene at all, felt it was a bit OTT

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I actually didn't like that scene at all, felt it was a bit OTT
    Gotta agree... it felt a little out-of-place - especially with the dubstep!

I hated that scene, I don't understand the point of it really. Other than Walt exerting dominance over Skylar, which he doesn't need to do. It kinda ruined the episode for me a little as the rest of the episode was pretty solid.

Perhaps it's lining up Walt Jr. to be involved in an accident later on, he's not an experienced driver as Walt points out, and I guess the whole premise of BB is that every action has consequences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Mousewar wrote: »
    Watching those early scenes again, it's remarkable how less 'Gangsta' Jesse's speech became in later series.

His clothes have gotten progressively more normal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Mousewar wrote: »

I kind of miss gangsta Jesse and his oversized clothes yo.

Yeah and he doesn't finish every other sentence with 'bitch' anymore. Booo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The funniest moment I thought was when Jesse and walt are hiding in the rv and hank is outside banging on the door In the junkyard after following Jesse and walt is telling jessie what to say to him and after Jesse calls him a bitch. Briliant I laughed my ass off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

• Advertisement

"Man you're smart, you made poison out of beans yo!"

This show can be funnier than most sitcoms.

^ the behind the scenes of it is even better..

so funny but also so sad and emotional

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Season 4, Episode 10-the scene where Jesse's goes off on one about the state of the lab.

"so you understand what "asshole" means. now go get me my phenyl-acetic acid, asshole"

Brilliant.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twinge

Giancarlo Esposito rules! OK, so he spoke some seriously accented Spanish, but he was so calm and collected as to be utterly terrifying! The final end of Fring just left me slack-jawed: who else would pause to adjust their natty jacket with half a face?

Harvey Dent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think this scene is probably when it overtook the Wire as my favourite show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Tune:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

To think all this went down in 12 months.

This is one of my favourites. I remember been genuinely shocked watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Laughed so hard at this scene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I took a bit of a hit for my last suggestion but this weeks final scene and the scenes leading up to it are a definite. I was speechless after it. Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Very funny cut from the final episode from season 4

Apologies for the bad audio. It seems I was recording the sound from the speakers and VLC's output at the same time

NEED
    DEA

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

This was probably one of the most unbelievable scenes in the entire program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

One of my favourite scenes is from Season 2 Ep 6 Peekaboo. Unfortunately i couldn't find a video of it

Skinny Pete gets robbed from a junkie couple and Jessie goes to sort out the problem.

IMDB Description
    Jesse wakes up and sees that Spooge has propped the ATM against a chair and is underneath it with a drill. While Jesse tries to figure out how best to sneak up on them, Spooge calls his woman a skank yet again. She calmly walks to the other side of the ATM and tips it upright onto Spooge's head, killing him. "I ain't no skank," she says to no one in particular. She grabs the meth out of Spooge's pocket, walks past the now-standing Jesse, and lies down on the couch in a stoned haze. As Jesse starts frantically wiping his fingerprints off the ATM, it pops open and starts spitting bills at him. He grabs the cash, wipes off more fingerprints and calls 911, leaving the phone dangling. Before leaving, Jesse goes and grabs the child. He has the boy close his eyes and takes him outside. He places him on the front step and runs off when he hears sirens in the background: "You have a good rest of your life, kid."

This scene resonated with me because of how it showed Jessie first hand the damage he was doing to peoples lives; A family being torn apart by this horrific drug. The innocent child makes the scene all the more poignant and heartbreaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

In the first episode of the fourth season where Gus cuts the guys throat in the meth lab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

El Siglo wrote: »
    This was probably one of the most unbelievable scenes in the entire program.

Just to expand on that scene, him waiting at the car and walking in was great. Especially when you knew it was leading up to something big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

not a moment from the show, but I smirked when I realised this

Total Recall 1990

tumblr_m767s9Fy8F1r176ci.jpg

Total Recall 2012

bryan%20cranston.jpgbryan-cranston-total-recall.jpg

I didn't know Mike Murphy was in the new Total Recall!?:D

One of the few scenes where you feel really happy for Walt and Jesse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Tried not to watch the vids in this thread from eps I've not already seen, very hard! (I'm nearly finished season 3 and don't care about spoilers :p)

I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this - Badger and Skinny Pete shilling meth at Jesse's anti-drugs meeting :D

im shocked it hasnt been mentioned yet

Jesse's increasing discomfort as he has dinner with Walt and Skyler in episode 6 of the new series becomes an instant classic scene for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

To think all this went down in 12 months.

This is one of my favourites. I remember been genuinely shocked watching this.

This episode was just on tonight on tg4. This and Hank and the twins shoot out are my two favourite scenes. I dont think I have ever been as disturbed by a scene from television or film as this. This is the first time for me that Walt really overstepped the line, I was in shock afterwards, could barely sleep :D, just a brilliant bit of television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

When Walt goes to pick up the family, slowcoach car at the garage and finds his fedora hat on the seat.

The epicness of the hat slowly being placed on his head is like the crowning of a king and the return of the big bad Eisenberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Just a couple that come to mind.

Walt quitting his job in the car wash.

Mercury

Already been mentioned but this shows just how much Walt has changed and it's a real out of the blue WTF moment.....'Run'

Also can't find a good video but Gus with the Cartel, the scene is made better by Mike's 'either we all go home, or none of us do' line to Jesse. I love the comic 100 bullets and there was just something so Minutemen about that scene, absolute classic scene.

• Advertisement
Advertisement