Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Scenes, Moments etc

Options
  • 28-07-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Obviously enough this thread contains spoilers, even as far as the current episode on US television which is season 5, episode 2, so if you don't want to know anything don't read on :)

Here's some of my favourites, in no particular order:

From Season 4, Episode 6 - Walt: ''I am the one who knocks''

It feels like ages ago now but even up as near as 8 episodes ago Skylar didn't really know just how deep Walt was into all of this and she finally realised that shit had got real :pac:

From Season 3, Episode 12 - Mike's half measures speech:

Mike tells Walt about how he let someone off the hook before and regretted it ever since, saying he'd never take a ''half measure'' again. Looks like he did by not killing Lydia in season 5, episode 2 so will his mistake come back to haunt him again? Great scene IMO.

From Season 2, Episode 10 - Walt: ''stay out of my territory''

This was the moment Walt started to get braver and braver. Before this he had always avoided confrontation and now he had scared off a rival dealer simply by his angry tone and expression. One of the main turning points in the whole show.

From Season 3 Finale - Jesse killing Gale

A killing that I think was inspired by Mike's ''no half measures'' speech to Walt who never forgot that. Jesse obviously doesn't want to kill Gale but it has come down to either Gale or them, and there's only going to be one winner there.

Anything by Saul Goodman:

Not the best highlight video of Saul, but the only one I could find. The man is absolutely hilarious and, along with Mike, is my favourite character in the show.

I'll leave it there for now, hopefully others will add some too :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus... very hard to pick but these 3 for a start:

1x02 - Cat's In The Bag - Acid In The Bathtub - this scene made me fall in love with the show. What a scene.. hilarious, disgusting and unexpected!

3x12 - Half Measures - "Run... " - the first time where you get a realisation of how far Walt has come. Shocking, and brilliant!

3x07 - One Minute - Hank And The Cousins - Can't find the full scene but we all know it. Hank is bad.. ass!

These three from the top of my head but I could be here all night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

A few of my favourite scenes are already mentioned; the Half Measures shootout, Hank's showdown with the cousins, Walt warning the rival dealer to get out of his territory.

Another few of my favourites are:

1x03 - …And the Bag's in the River - An early one, but brilliant. Walt was just about to release Krazy 8 when he realised a piece of the broken plate was missing, and Krazy 8 was going to stab him. He realised then he had little option but to kill him. That was the first step in a long road going from Walt being a mild-mannered chemistry teacher to a ruthless drug dealer. There was no going back after that.

1x06 - Crazy Handful of Nothin - Walt showing how he could stand up to a psycho like Tuco using his intelligence. He got the money back that was stole from Jesse and earned Tuco's respect in showing he wasn't to be messed with. Genius.

4x10 - Salud - Excellent scene all round. Showed how ruthless Gus could be, how he was willing to risk his own life to kill the don and showed what a badass he was calling out anyone who wanted to fight him even though he was nearly dying!

Couldn't find a good quality video of the whole scene but the best I could see was these two:

But my favourite scene of all has to be the Half-Measures shootout. I can't remember another time when I literally said aloud "Holy f*ck!" after watching a tv episode, and I was on my own!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Love that scene from the first season!!

Walt: "Why are you doing this?"

Eh coz he's a drug dealer called "Krazy 8" who you tied to a post with a bicycle lock for days on end!! (among other reasons!)

When the tear rolls down Walt's cheek just before he kills him, quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Ted the clumsiest fella I've ever seen ,
    When he tripped on the carpet and bounced his nugget of the dresser ,

I've never laughed like that watching any programme

Hank singing the eye of the tiger
    Another comedy gold moment .

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the reveal of exactly what the pink teddy we keep seeing shots of throughout the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Some of my favourite moments have already been mentioned but this is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

End of season 4...when the camera zooms in on "Lily of the Valley" that was a really "Holy ****" moment

Cruelest moment in the whole show.

enhanced-buzz-16307-1341948880-9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Watching those early scenes again, it's remarkable how less 'Gangsta' Jesse's speech became in later series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

This is my favorite montage in the entire show. I love how it's kinda the calm before the storm during that episode too. The small things make this show great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

What else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

After this weeks episode I think I have to add the car scene from the very beginning to my top moments.

I wasn't too sure what Walt was thinking by selling the car until he pulled up in the Chrysler. Not gonna lie I gave a big fist pump when Junior pulled up in the Dodge moments later. I think it's every 16 year olds dream to have a 500 bhp car and thankfully Skylar didn't ruin it this time around.

Oh and not to mention that we see the return of the most infamous hat in television history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

After this weeks episode I think I have to add the car scene from the very beginning to my top moments.

I wasn't too sure what Walt was thinking by selling the car until he pulled up in the Chrysler. Not gonna lie I gave a big fist pump when Junior pulled up in the Dodge moments later. I think it's every 16 year olds dream to have a 500 bhp car and thankfully Skylar didn't ruin it this time around.

Oh and not to mention that we see the return of the most infamous hat in television history.

I actually didn't like that scene at all, felt it was a bit OTT

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    I actually didn't like that scene at all, felt it was a bit OTT
    Gotta agree... it felt a little out-of-place - especially with the dubstep!

I hated that scene, I don't understand the point of it really. Other than Walt exerting dominance over Skylar, which he doesn't need to do. It kinda ruined the episode for me a little as the rest of the episode was pretty solid.

Perhaps it's lining up Walt Jr. to be involved in an accident later on, he's not an experienced driver as Walt points out, and I guess the whole premise of BB is that every action has consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Mousewar wrote: »
    Watching those early scenes again, it's remarkable how less 'Gangsta' Jesse's speech became in later series.

His clothes have gotten progressively more normal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Mousewar wrote: »

I kind of miss gangsta Jesse and his oversized clothes yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Yeah and he doesn't finish every other sentence with 'bitch' anymore. Booo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The funniest moment I thought was when Jesse and walt are hiding in the rv and hank is outside banging on the door In the junkyard after following Jesse and walt is telling jessie what to say to him and after Jesse calls him a bitch. Briliant I laughed my ass off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

• Advertisement

"Man you're smart, you made poison out of beans yo!"

This show can be funnier than most sitcoms.

^ the behind the scenes of it is even better..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so funny but also so sad and emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Season 4, Episode 10-the scene where Jesse's goes off on one about the state of the lab.

"so you understand what "asshole" means. now go get me my phenyl-acetic acid, asshole"

Brilliant.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 twinge

Giancarlo Esposito rules! OK, so he spoke some seriously accented Spanish, but he was so calm and collected as to be utterly terrifying! The final end of Fring just left me slack-jawed: who else would pause to adjust their natty jacket with half a face?

Harvey Dent?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think this scene is probably when it overtook the Wire as my favourite show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Tune:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Advertisement