Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lahv Lahn, De WashYerHandz Edition so to speak

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,314 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Thank your husband for his service. Gimme a bucket
    Fair play to you! Good of you to bring buckets of water to da fires and dat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

shearforce wrote: »
    chk out the Facebook page...her album is called 'Perfectly Imperfect"

Jaysus
    Perfectly, I'm perfect.

No, money down!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

gmisk wrote: »
    Fair play to you! Good of you to bring buckets of water to da fires and dat

It must be only the dub-a-linn fibregade hes enamoured with

Time for a tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Those last callers reminded me of this which I read recently

"The characteristic note of our time is the dire truth that the mediocre soul, the commonplace mind, knowing itself to be mediocre, has the gall to assert its right to mediocrity, and goes on to impose itself where it can." Future historians will surely call ours the Age of Mediocrity"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

How bad was it? Was Keelings discussed?

How bad was it? Was Keelings discussed?

Not 1 word. Very bad show from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Does anyone know if this man (top) is related to Joe?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

PieOhMy wrote: »

Will give it a miss so!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Doubt it, Joe is the only person from ballyer who did well for themselves

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »

I think Keelings are one of those old firms who have long tentacles

There’s a strong family resemblance there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

There’s a strong family resemblance there.

It's the multiple chins that clinch it for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

*move along folks, nothing to see here*

Didn’t listen and not going to listen back but whoy did he avoid it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

That 'poem' about not being a statistic on late late now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

charles bukowski an dat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I'm in the wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Doubt it, Joe is the only person from ballyer who did well for themselves

I thought 4 lads from ballyer went to trinners ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭jelutong

I'm in the wrong thread

Aren’t we all so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I thought 4 lads from ballyer went to trinners ?

yes, they were cleaners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

It is I, Philip, Earl of Boucher and Hayes. We shall continue to broadcast across.

You have to laugh at Duffy all the same with his now regular references to BBC Radio 4 and angling for the job. If he had a 75 minute phone show for 39 weeks a year on BBC pulling in 300,000 listeners he would be looking at a 75% pay cut.

You have to laugh at Duffy all the same with his now regular references to BBC Radio 4 and angling for the job. If he had a 75 minute phone show for 39 weeks a year on BBC pulling in 300,000 listeners he would be looking at a 75% pay cut.

References to listening to wonderful bbc radio have increased greatly in recent weeks, and hes putting in a record shift without a breakeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Can’t be a coincidence that his “busiest” period for years in terms of Liveline is during a pandemic, he is absolutely in his element with death and misery. And can’t escape to the chateau. Expect a long breakeen when the misery is over

• Advertisement

Apparantly there is now some gobdaw from Telefis Eireann going around and delivering surprise boxes to pensioners. If I saw any of them pulling up I would kick the teeth out of them before they had the chance to press the bell.

Apparantly there is now some gobdaw from Telefis Eireann going around and delivering surprise boxes to pensioners. If I saw any of them pulling up I would kick the teeth out of them before they had the chance to press the bell.
    Not to be called "pensioners" or "aged" anymore we were informed by Marie Louise O Donnell on BOC but from now on they shall be referred to as elders. I wonder what Mary Robinson thinks of that having her title as elder bandied about on all and sundry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ballsy is getting a bit of pushback here I deduce.

Not to be called "pensioners" or "aged" anymore we were informed by Marie Louise O Donnell on BOC but from now on they shall be referred to as elders. I wonder what Mary Robinson thinks of that having her title as elder bandied about on all and sundry

Always make me think of the Mormons....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Good man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Angry little pensioner Norm, auld corcooning gettin to ya?

Stay loose dude.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Can’t be a coincidence that his “busiest” period for years in terms of Liveline is during a pandemic, he is absolutely in his element with death and misery. And can’t escape to the chateau. Expect a long breakeen when the misery is over

There will be a very fat invoice going into RTÉ or a very extended chateau breakeen at the end of the day.

Marie Louise’s mother used to teach drama at my and Mary Lou’s school. Maybe that’s where Mary Lou’s parents got the idea for naming their child.

2smiggy wrote: »
    That 'poem' about not being a statistic on late late now.....

I’d say when that poem inevitably has other people’s names inserted, so that it can stand as a classic to be read out at funerals, memorial services etc, the author will be looking for royalties.

There will be a very fat invoice going into RTÉ or a very extended chateau breakeen at the end of the day.

I think you’ll find it will be BOTH caller, so to speak.

I continue to do online medical quizzes aimed at practising doctors an dat. Where can I apply for my fast-tracked medical qualification?

Marie Louise’s mother used to teach drama at my and Mary Lou’s school. Maybe that’s where Mary Lou’s parents got the idea for naming their child.

And she's still alive at 97

And she's still alive at 97

It’s hilarious the way we girls thought of our teachers as “old” back in the early 70s. Enough of them still alive and in their 100s now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

It’s hilarious the way we girls thought of our teachers as “old” back in the early 70s. Enough of them still alive and in their 100s now.

Are they available to take a call from 1.45 Monday?

My theory that Oliver Callan is a boardsie or at least follows the thread so to speak was given fresh impetus so to speak with yesterday’s episode. Oliver threw in a TYFYS on top of the 500 or so WashYerHanz.

PM me Oliver if you would. ;)

• Advertisement

I always miss it I'm still 2 weeks behind on the playback. My hearing isn't the best so I need a quiet period to listen. Not always possible with the shower of headcases I live with. Trying to listen to the news earlier when 1 phone started playing what I can only describe as "Jungle Music" then another plays Eminem. I had to go outside. Long may this weather last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,435 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is there any recordings online of de early Liveline's Joe did?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Is there any recordings online of de early Liveline's Joe did?

deffo not one about blowjobgate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,008 ✭✭✭✭zell12

My theory that Oliver Callan is a boardsie or at least follows the thread so to speak was given fresh impetus so to speak with yesterday’s episode. Oliver threw in a TYFYS on top of the 500 or so WashYerHanz.
    PM me Oliver if you would. ;)
    So you said.

PM sent. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,909 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Speaking as one who recently retired from all that bullshyt, I'd thank her not to refer to me as that.
    I might be older, but I'm not a fecking elder, the cheeky mare.
    No, I'm more of a young and sprightly ash, capable of giving her a spank across the arse.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    No, I'm more of a young and sprightly ash, capable of giving her a spank across the arse.

Well anything to shut her up

sligojoek wrote: »
    I always miss it I'm still 2 weeks behind on the playback. My hearing isn't the best so I need a quiet period to listen. Not always possible with the shower of headcases I live with. Trying to listen to the news earlier when 1 phone started playing what I can only describe as "Jungle Music" then another plays Eminem. I had to go outside. Long may this weather last.

Jennifer Gannon and Woke McDermott are crying right now.

Well done! Well done!

Btw, jungle is a genre! Ok boomer....:pac:

Painful Preisner is on BOC now :(:(

Painful Preisner is on BOC now :(:(

Two whiney cark accents. Glad I missed that.

• Advertisement

Iv never heard so much shytetalk accross all the channels and online since this lock down started. An open Prairie for the chancers, charlatans and purveyors of the bleedin obvious to spout their nonsense and half baked theories

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement