Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dail / New Taoiseach

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Oops69 wrote: »
    ah here we go , the old Michawl mc Dowell conspiracy theory still alive .. try manufacturing a fresh one maybe ?

Well it's true and it's more than enough reason to give them a wide birth.

All politicians are completely full of shít, SF just have the added bonus of being closely connected to a terrorist organisation so they're the worst of a useless bunch.

Ps, do you think Gerry was ever in the IRA?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Not sure Mary Lou will ever be Taoiseach, she may hold the title at some point alright but Slab Murphy and the likes will be pulling the strings.

Is slab pulling strings? Is he not too busy making loads of money through criminal enterprise to involve himself in day to day politics of running a country?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Party alliances aside i'd like to see a woman as Taoiseach for the first time. Think it's well overdue and will be a sign the country is moving out of the dark ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

Which army will she use?

Hers or ours

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

sf would have to have the bottle and political nouse to put up enough candidates to put them in the position to lead the negotiations

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

Easy pointing the finger from down here where you’re nice and cosy.
    The majority of you down here don’t give a toss about a United ireland, says it all really. And I don’t blame you.
    But then you have the audacity to comment on how Sinn Fein conducts themselves in the north in a different jurisdiction?
    Suits you to talk about it when you want.

The difference is. You vote FG and FF down here as it concerns how your pockets are lined at the end of every year. At one point not that long ago northern Catholics voted because it was to push to get equal rights.

Take off the rose tinted glasses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

CBear1993 wrote: »
    Easy pointing the finger from down here where you’re nice and cosy.
    The majority of you down here don’t give a toss about a United ireland, says it all really. And I don’t blame you.
    But then you have the audacity to comment on how Sinn Fein conducts themselves in the north in a different jurisdiction?
    Suits you to talk about it when you want.

The difference is. You vote FG and FF down here as it concerns how your pockets are lined at the end of every year. At one point not that long ago northern Catholics voted because it was to push to get equal rights.

Take off the rose tinted glasses.

Free Staters Cbear, you gotta love em.

My pockies are fine.... and thanks for asking.

Effects wrote: »
    Is slab pulling strings? Is he not too busy making loads of money through criminal enterprise to involve himself in day to day politics of running a country?

Fair point but I heard he's good at multitasking, anyway Mary Lou wouldn't dare act without consulting her boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

CBear1993 wrote: »
    The majority of you down here don’t give a toss about a United ireland, says it all really. .

I definitely don't and have no issue saying it.

Let NI be an independent country for a generation or so if it wants . Then, if it makes economic and political sense , have a look at unification.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Of the two other parties, I could see Fianna Fail, taking the bitter pill, recognising the indication of the electorate and offering her the Taniste office with Eoin O Brion replacing Other Eoin Murphy in the housing portfolio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

sf would have to have the bottle and political nouse to put up enough candidates to put them in the position to lead the negotiations

Well SF done badly in the local elections and a month before they everyone was talking about them losing seats.

They weren't to know how a supposedly free TV and press were going to so blatantly try and subvert a democratic election against one party and drive voters to SF instead of against them but I suspect you already knew this and just try and get another dig at them which wouldn't be unusual for mods on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭KaneToad

BanditLuke wrote: »
    Party alliances aside i'd like to see a woman as Taoiseach for the first time. Think it's well overdue and will be a sign the country is moving out of the dark ages.

I disagree. I couldn't care less what gender the Taoiseach is. Having a woman is not a sign of anything.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18 FLaris

BanditLuke wrote: »

Ireland is long out of the dark ages. Yes a female Taoiseach is over due, but it not having yet occurred does not mean we’re in the dark ages. We had a female president 30 years ago

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Will she not be too busy building 100,000 public homes in 5 years?

Cos unless she grabs a shovel herself, along with everyone else, how the **** is that particular promise going to happen?

Or trying to find some one to build them for €60k each

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

They are projecting 30 seats.

The coalition is on, but with who?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Maybe they should distance themselves from criminals instead of picking them up from prison so. Or moving a peado around like they're the church.

Or turning up at funerals involving handguns.

Or seeking to abolish the Special Criminal Court.

Genealogy Forum Mod

flazio wrote: »
    Of the two other parties, I could see Fianna Fail, taking the bitter pill, recognising the indication of the electorate and offering her the Taniste office with Eoin O Brion replacing Other Eoin Murphy in the housing portfolio.

Possibly, I think FF expected to do poll better than they did so they are the biggest losers here. Micheal Martin almost certainly thought he was going to swap places with Leo in a reverse supply and confidence deal. Thankfully a lot of people still remember he was a minister in the worst government this country has ever had!

SF have exceeded expectations but will they bite the bullet and go into government for the people or will they sit back for selfish reasons and grow even further in popularity, that's the big question. Only senior SF/IRA figures in the dark and murky background

FG performed poorly but probably were expecting an even worse beating. Can certainly see them putting party interests first and taking a back seat going forward. Possibly Simon to replace Leo as well, Leo not particularly.

Nothing will change for most people of course, it's astounding that they still buy the lies of politicians and their promises of 'change' and cake for everybody, but it is fun to watch.....well at least till the Gaa throws in at 2pm anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Surely this is not possible. Is it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Mod note

Several people have been carded and multiple posts have been deleted. Please read the charter. This is a forum for civil discussion. Commenting on people's appearance or calling someone a "ball bag" isn't nice. Don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Hope she does
    Can't stand the other 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

File:O%27Duffy_Blue_Shirt_Movement_fascist_salute.jpg

since we are bringing up the past

hello Fine Gael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

Great day for a new ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

listermint wrote: »
    Assume tax breaks and land availability.

The builders are here. They're just building offices and hotels due to the same tax breaks.

It's .... Money... Not resources.

Sinn Fein and tax breaks in the same sentence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Hermy wrote: »
    Or turning up at funerals involving handguns.

Or seeking to abolish the Special Criminal Court.

Check out FF turning up at the Dail with guns in their pockets.

For your part about SF and the SCC,well that's just lies on your behalf or you just need to educate yourself before commenting.

fergus1001 wrote: »
    File:O%27Duffy_Blue_Shirt_Movement_fascist_salute.jpg

since we are bringing up the past

hello Fine Gael

Think the problem is the present not the past.

SF are still connected to the IRA, that makes them untouchable for me, they're nearly as bad as the DUP up the north, same people with different views. (See horseshoe theory).

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭firstlight

Great day for a new ireland.

Defo
    Signs Irish people want the norm out
    Too long going down the same path
    Proud Irish people are standing up and want change

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

listermint wrote: »
    Assume tax breaks and land availability.

The builders are here. They're just building offices and hotels due to the same tax breaks.

It's .... Money... Not resources.

Central Bank also need to loosen their rules..everyone seems to forget that.....

would be interesting to see......Mary Lou getting rid of Garda close protection officers.....using some of her own men instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

marvin80 wrote: »
    To be fair they've all made promises they won't be keeping.

They just made many more than the rest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Does this mean the black and tans won't get that medal leo planned to give them

Advertisement