Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Our offense is looking really healthy.

At quarterback Freeman is in a contract year, so if he's going to deliver on his potential it'll be now. He needs to attract interest and Glennon is breathing down his neck. I have a feeling he'll play we'll and he'll be franchised next season. When you consider he is still just 25 years old hes a valuable asset if he can get stay focused.

Obviously this is all dependent on guys like Nicks, Joseph and Penn staying fit up front. If they do and we see guys like Zuttah and Dotson continue to improve we'll be hard to stop.

At running back things are looking a bit crazy now. Doug Martin is looking like he could be a top 5 back on the league, behind him we now have Leonard who is a good 3rd down guy. He'll be mixing it up with Hillis perhaps, while Hillis also might mix it up with Lorig. Hillis is a head case but he has looked exceptional when in that kind of pairing (with Felix Jones and Darren McFadden) in the past. I still love Lorig though and I expect him to be in most of the time clearing holes for Martin on 1st downs and staying in there with Hillis coming in for longer yardage situations on 2nd/3rd down. By all accounts Mike James has people excited as well.

The receivers is an area I think we could improve. However saying that if Williams, Jackson, Ogletree and Underwood are all playing to their potential at the same time then I think we'll be very dangerous through the air. If Underwood and Ogletree can cause issues with deep balls then they will create a lot of room for our running backs as well which will be great.

The big weakness on offense is still TE in my opinion. Stocker is a solid player but if we had a truly great athletic tight end causing opposition linebackers headaches then it would give Freeman easier options and more importantly it would create space again for the running game. That is somewhere i hope we see them improve our talent. We're working out Shiancoe currently but I'm hoping they bring in someone better in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

yeah i agree, very excited on what our offence will do in its second year under these coaches. If we can keep players fit i say we will have a great year. I've always been a fan of Freeman so hoping he cuts down those interceptions this year. No idea how good this Glennon kid is, didnt see too much of him last year.

Excited about seeing how good our defence will be this year with the additions we've made. A seconday with 3 changes.

Agree about TE, i reckon we could traget a decent TE early in the draft next year.

OH and just to gloat i bought tickets for Miami game on Monday night football and Atlanta at home a week later in November. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO BUCCCCCCCCSSSS

* Carlton Mitchell just blew past Revis along sideline. Had to double check it wasn’t Myron.

That's a story for the grand kids for camp meat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Woo Football!

Only preseason, but would like to see a decent showing here vs Ravens.

Go Bucs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Woo Football!

Only preseason, but would like to see a decent showing here vs Ravens.

Go Bucs!

It's mad that i'm happy to see the games live on the gamepass app. It was a long off-season.

A Sack from David and INT from Gorrer.

Nice start from the D (after giving up some easy yards early).

The Offence looked poor. Martin was a half step too late and Freeman seemed to hold on forever on the sack.

Thank god its just Preseason.

Amazing Catch from VJax.

Under review, but should be confirmed. Looked like he kept both feet in.

EDIT: Or not, he had both feet inbounds, but he hadn't posession when he had the first foot in. Tough call, but correct.

Also, Barth is gone for the season! When did this happen. Completely missed this!

We signed Tynes :P

Mike Glennon's first play in the NFL.

61 yard pass. No biggie :P

He's so unorthodox looking, but he gets things done evidently.

Don't think he'll beat Freeman out, but looking at his first play he might be a decent backup.

He'll never be able to handoff to Martin, no way he'll reach him!

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Also, Barth is gone for the season! When did this happen. Completely missed this!

We signed Tynes :P

Did his knee playing basketball

That sucked balls.

Owusu is a great receiver but clearly won't be returning punts

Hopefully Tandy won't be getting much gametime either. Really poor tackle attempt.

Brian Leonard. Nice.

Been really impressive, doing the simple things right.

Leonard for short yardage and blocking, Martin for the 60 yard plays!

Good:

Leonard, David, Gorrer, Banks

Bad:

Owusu, Tandy, Special Teams!

Bedtime, I think.

Crap end to the half!

• Advertisement

3rd Choice QB's first pass is straight to a Raven.

No Buc within 20 yards of him!

EDIT: 3 plays. 1 Rush for 11 yards. 2 Passes 2INT's. Im not sure Weber is a QB.

Embarrassing, even if its preseason. Schiano won't be happy.

Some good things. Owusu and Melvin were supposed to be two guys who were looking really great in the offseason and both looked poor so hopefully the coaches can get them last that. Bowers doesn't look near good enough. Leonard looked really good.

I think Casillas did a really good job, he could definitely win that SLB job before the season starts. Ogletree showed his class as well and be could make some big plays this year

I can't believe I stayed up till nearly 4am watching that rubbish.

Lots to work on before the season starts. The positives are that the starters looked decent, and the seconds were good for a while.

Hope we never have to play in the rain again, went from 13-7 to 44-16 in a flash. We only got 3 more points.

Bowers needs Gametime, and got some decent reps.

Weber will be lucky if he gets to wear a Bucs uniform again. It was a disaster. Luckily he's 4th choice.

Josh Freeman is done as a Buc!

Schiano is starting to look like a bluffer, and things really look tits up in Tampa!

Mike Glennon is now the starting Qb. Couldn't be much worse then Freeman has been could he?

Hope his hands are long enough to reach Doug Martin to hand the ball off!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250435/article/josh-freeman-benched-in-favor-of-rookie-mike-glennon

• Advertisement

The whole thing is just a shambles. I think Schiano is fighting for his job as well now big time.

Not sure Glennon is the answer but he deserves a chance, Freeman has been bloody Brutal.

There goes my throwback Freeman Jersey :mad:

Freeman was brutal but Glennon looked brutal as well in pre season.

I can't see Glennon being worse than Freeman though. This season, Freeman has been the worst quarterback under pressure since Jamarcus Russell.

He just needs to do his thing and the front office will decide if he's good enough to persist with past this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Was just reading a piece saying Schiano had no interest in Freeman to be his QB & wanted to move on ASAP. Few things leaking out about the 2 of them clashing.

Freeman clearly has the ability to be a starting QB in the league (for instance I'd take him over Sanchez) so what has been the issue recently :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Freeman has definitely shown he has the ability to play. I would put his performance down to Schiano cutting the legs out from under him as much as anything. Never liked Schiano. Freeman will be around longer than him in the NFL.
    I imagine the Browns, Jags and Vikes would do worse than make a trade for him.

davyjose wrote: »
    Freeman has definitely shown he has the ability to play. I would put his performance down to Schiano cutting the legs out from under him as much as anything. Never liked Schiano. Freeman will be around longer than him in the NFL.

Jags & Vikes maybe but don't see the Browns going near the trade. They are going to engineer to get the best QB in the draft come hell or high water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Jags & Vikes maybe but don't see the Browns going near the trade. They are going to engineer to get the best QB in the draft come hell or high water

I agree, but he'd still be an upgrade. Tennessee would see an improvement with him too for that matter. Bills, Raiders, maybe the Jets.

He'll find a home.

I agree, but he'd still be an upgrade. Tennessee would see an improvement with him too for that matter. Bills, Raiders, maybe the Jets.

He'll find a home.

Apparently his contract is pretty sizeable this year which would affect any trade talk. He will def find a home ok

EJ & Geno are locked in for this season & next so can't see him there. (Wouldn't want to affect their growth)

Titans & Raiders could explore him in the offseason if Pryor or Locker don't look like the answer (although both have been good so far this year) or if the Pats trade Mallett he would be a nice back-up for Brady, maybe Arizona.

Just not the case. Freeman was poor under Morris as well.

He can't handle the pressure. Even in college his accuracy suffered majorly under pressure. He is just a really inconsistent passer. And he doesn't see the field.

He looked good in his first season, but it was rookie good. He was moving with his feet but missing massive plays. The Greg Olson, the QB coach at the time, cut the running out and tried to turn him into a passer (because he wasn't a good enough runner) and he just couldn't handle the change. His performances fell off a cliff.

In situations again 4 or more rushers this season he has completed an embarrasing 40.7% of his passes. The lowest since Jamarcus Russel, and he was 51%!

If the Bucs can trade him, then great. But if they could do it for any decent value, I'm sure they would have. And they would have pulled the trigger on Carson Palmer, who wanted to come to Tampa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

And he doesn't see the field.

I think this is the most important point. Freeman has many good qualities but if you can't see plays you'll always be limited in what you can accomplish. I'm curious to see how the new guy gets on. I think the Bucs will improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

He's regressed ever since his rookie season. Don't see much interest in him other than a back-up/competition QB in a bad roster.

Out of him and Sanchez it'd be the Sancheize that'd be the hot property and that tells it's own story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've never liked Greg shiano since that crap he pulled at the end of the game against the giants(an eagles fan defending thr giants ha) last year. ive read reports that he is trying to run a pro team like a college team, which isnt working. I think he is gone at the seasons end.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've never liked Greg shiano since that crap he pulled at the end of the game against the giants(an eagles fan defending thr giants ha) last year. ive read reports that he is trying to run a pro team like a college team, which isnt working. I think he is gone at the seasons end.

I just can't understand the problem with what he did. There was less than a score in the game and there was a long time left on the clock, but teams are supposed to give up and not try to win because it's some sort of unwritten rule? Nah, definitely not one of the things I dislike about Schiano. Teams should play until the clock hits 0 unless the game is out of reach. Taking a knee shouldn't be a cowardly action in a tight game, it should be a respectful action in a blowout.

I haven't fully made my mind up on him. I like his approach and toughness, but our offense has been terrible and we've been inconsistent. The way our defense has started this season gives me hope. Hopefully his problem really was Freeman or else he'll be going back to College.

What a joke again, Defence once again played ok. Freeman was not the only problem.

Some tough games to come, cant see us winning more than 4 games, lets hope they are two of the games im at :D

Either Glennon leads the team on a great run (cant see it) and schiano keeps his job or else we go 4-12 or so and start afresh and try and draft a QB in 2014 and get a new Coaching staff in.

Where are we going to get the 4 wins from?

Teams have figured out that we can't throw the ball so they just blitz and stop the run.

Its pathetic.

Schiano will be lucky to last the season, unless there is a drastic change in fortunes.

just watching Jets here, I know we are playing bad but how the hell couldn't we beat them...

I reckon we beat Carolina once, Buffalo, St Louis and maybe Miami.

Glennon was very nervous tonight, they have two weeks to work with him so hopefully he can improve a bit,

I'm not sure if Glennon is the answer, but I really like the approach of giving him the first start before the Bye week and working with him during it.

There's an article from a while back claiming the Bucs are not in a rebuilding year. I'm sorry but if you are starting a Rookie QB your offense is rebuilding. Our defense might be Championship calibre, but our offense can't stay on the field with consistency and it is now rebuilding.

Really liked what Tim Wright brought to the game. Really liked how Glennon spread the ball around. He just made a couple of simple errors which was always going to happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253855/article/josh-freeman-ive-taken-and-passed-46-drug-tests

If someone leaked private medical information, then they should be fired immediately.

The whole organization look rotten.

Off to Florida tomorrow but next two Tampa Games, really fancy our chances against Dolphins, Fingers crossed...

• Advertisement

well what a great two weeks. got to see two wins which is great, got a nice free upgrade for Atlanta game too which was good.

Glennon starting to look good and Rainey had two decent games.

Radio shows all over there are talking about swapping Martin for a 1st round pick if they can and leep James and Rainey. What do you think of this??

jester1980 wrote: »
    well what a great two weeks. got to see two wins which is great, got a nice free upgrade for Atlanta game too which was good.

Glennon starting to look good and Rainey had two decent games.

Radio shows all over there are talking about swapping Martin for a 1st round pick if they can and leep James and Rainey. What do you think of this??

I don't know, I think Martin is a better player than either. But if we can get a good 1st round pick for him then it might be worth it.

Oh i agree 100 %, Martin is a special talent and the O line didnt do him many favours in the first few games.

But James had some good avaerages carries behind that line as well. They've only recently improved and Rainey is seeing the benefit of that.

Its a tough one in fairness. We wouldnt get anything for the other two in my opinion so only leaves 2 options, keep all three or trade Martin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I wouldn't go trading Martin for a first round pick tbh.

Theres not enough body of work to show that James or Rainey are good enough as a long term solution. Theres a reason Rainey has bounced around the league and James hasn't played enough.

It could work out it may not. Im always of the opinion that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

you also have to consider that Mendenhall, Tate, Joique Bell, MJD, Andre Brown, Rashad Jennings, & Run DMC all all free agents this off season.

A team would be mad to spend a first on Martin bearing that in mind.

BhztPnwCUAALIFI.jpg

Meh.

Not liking it at all. There was nothing wrong with our current jersey. It could have been modernized without going so... ugly :/

• Advertisement

Awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Draken360

red home uni's revealed
    buccs_new_uniform_2.jpg

tb3.jpg?w=600&h=400
    temp43589_230875_AT_SP14_TBB_Team_Uniform_Red_267_HR-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

i'd imagine there will be an orange third alternate version revealed soon ,such a shame we wont get to see the creamcicle jerseys ,they were hidioues but nice to see retro uniis a few times a season mbut this new one helmet rule has killed that idea

Really scratching my head as to who we draft at 7. They've done a decent job in free agency in signing some starters and some depth also which is important.

They dont seem to like Glennon so maybe if any of the top 3 fall to 7 which i defo think 1-2 will we'll go QB. I cant see Mack, Clowney or Watkins falling so the other option is someone for the OLINE, wouldnt be suprised also if they trade back.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads, any opinions of Jeremy Zuttah? My Ravens just picked him up for a 5th rounder in 2015. No matter what, he's an upgrade over what we currently have, but I don't know much more about him than that.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Also interested to know about Zuttah, is he decent?

I think the Bucs owe us after cutting Bobby Rainey :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement