Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

That sucked balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Owusu is a great receiver but clearly won't be returning punts

Hopefully Tandy won't be getting much gametime either. Really poor tackle attempt.

Brian Leonard. Nice.

Been really impressive, doing the simple things right.

Leonard for short yardage and blocking, Martin for the 60 yard plays!

Good:

Leonard, David, Gorrer, Banks

Bad:

Owusu, Tandy, Special Teams!

Bedtime, I think.

Crap end to the half!

• Advertisement

3rd Choice QB's first pass is straight to a Raven.

No Buc within 20 yards of him!

EDIT: 3 plays. 1 Rush for 11 yards. 2 Passes 2INT's. Im not sure Weber is a QB.

Embarrassing, even if its preseason. Schiano won't be happy.

Some good things. Owusu and Melvin were supposed to be two guys who were looking really great in the offseason and both looked poor so hopefully the coaches can get them last that. Bowers doesn't look near good enough. Leonard looked really good.

I think Casillas did a really good job, he could definitely win that SLB job before the season starts. Ogletree showed his class as well and be could make some big plays this year

I can't believe I stayed up till nearly 4am watching that rubbish.

Lots to work on before the season starts. The positives are that the starters looked decent, and the seconds were good for a while.

Hope we never have to play in the rain again, went from 13-7 to 44-16 in a flash. We only got 3 more points.

Bowers needs Gametime, and got some decent reps.

Weber will be lucky if he gets to wear a Bucs uniform again. It was a disaster. Luckily he's 4th choice.

Josh Freeman is done as a Buc!

Schiano is starting to look like a bluffer, and things really look tits up in Tampa!

Mike Glennon is now the starting Qb. Couldn't be much worse then Freeman has been could he?

Hope his hands are long enough to reach Doug Martin to hand the ball off!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000250435/article/josh-freeman-benched-in-favor-of-rookie-mike-glennon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

The whole thing is just a shambles. I think Schiano is fighting for his job as well now big time.

Not sure Glennon is the answer but he deserves a chance, Freeman has been bloody Brutal.

There goes my throwback Freeman Jersey :mad:

Freeman was brutal but Glennon looked brutal as well in pre season.

I can't see Glennon being worse than Freeman though. This season, Freeman has been the worst quarterback under pressure since Jamarcus Russell.

He just needs to do his thing and the front office will decide if he's good enough to persist with past this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Was just reading a piece saying Schiano had no interest in Freeman to be his QB & wanted to move on ASAP. Few things leaking out about the 2 of them clashing.

Freeman clearly has the ability to be a starting QB in the league (for instance I'd take him over Sanchez) so what has been the issue recently :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Freeman has definitely shown he has the ability to play. I would put his performance down to Schiano cutting the legs out from under him as much as anything. Never liked Schiano. Freeman will be around longer than him in the NFL.
    I imagine the Browns, Jags and Vikes would do worse than make a trade for him.

davyjose wrote: »
    Freeman has definitely shown he has the ability to play. I would put his performance down to Schiano cutting the legs out from under him as much as anything. Never liked Schiano. Freeman will be around longer than him in the NFL.

Jags & Vikes maybe but don't see the Browns going near the trade. They are going to engineer to get the best QB in the draft come hell or high water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Jags & Vikes maybe but don't see the Browns going near the trade. They are going to engineer to get the best QB in the draft come hell or high water

I agree, but he'd still be an upgrade. Tennessee would see an improvement with him too for that matter. Bills, Raiders, maybe the Jets.

He'll find a home.

I agree, but he'd still be an upgrade. Tennessee would see an improvement with him too for that matter. Bills, Raiders, maybe the Jets.

He'll find a home.

Apparently his contract is pretty sizeable this year which would affect any trade talk. He will def find a home ok

EJ & Geno are locked in for this season & next so can't see him there. (Wouldn't want to affect their growth)

Titans & Raiders could explore him in the offseason if Pryor or Locker don't look like the answer (although both have been good so far this year) or if the Pats trade Mallett he would be a nice back-up for Brady, maybe Arizona.

Just not the case. Freeman was poor under Morris as well.

He can't handle the pressure. Even in college his accuracy suffered majorly under pressure. He is just a really inconsistent passer. And he doesn't see the field.

He looked good in his first season, but it was rookie good. He was moving with his feet but missing massive plays. The Greg Olson, the QB coach at the time, cut the running out and tried to turn him into a passer (because he wasn't a good enough runner) and he just couldn't handle the change. His performances fell off a cliff.

In situations again 4 or more rushers this season he has completed an embarrasing 40.7% of his passes. The lowest since Jamarcus Russel, and he was 51%!

If the Bucs can trade him, then great. But if they could do it for any decent value, I'm sure they would have. And they would have pulled the trigger on Carson Palmer, who wanted to come to Tampa.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

And he doesn't see the field.

I think this is the most important point. Freeman has many good qualities but if you can't see plays you'll always be limited in what you can accomplish. I'm curious to see how the new guy gets on. I think the Bucs will improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

He's regressed ever since his rookie season. Don't see much interest in him other than a back-up/competition QB in a bad roster.

Out of him and Sanchez it'd be the Sancheize that'd be the hot property and that tells it's own story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I've never liked Greg shiano since that crap he pulled at the end of the game against the giants(an eagles fan defending thr giants ha) last year. ive read reports that he is trying to run a pro team like a college team, which isnt working. I think he is gone at the seasons end.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've never liked Greg shiano since that crap he pulled at the end of the game against the giants(an eagles fan defending thr giants ha) last year. ive read reports that he is trying to run a pro team like a college team, which isnt working. I think he is gone at the seasons end.

I just can't understand the problem with what he did. There was less than a score in the game and there was a long time left on the clock, but teams are supposed to give up and not try to win because it's some sort of unwritten rule? Nah, definitely not one of the things I dislike about Schiano. Teams should play until the clock hits 0 unless the game is out of reach. Taking a knee shouldn't be a cowardly action in a tight game, it should be a respectful action in a blowout.

I haven't fully made my mind up on him. I like his approach and toughness, but our offense has been terrible and we've been inconsistent. The way our defense has started this season gives me hope. Hopefully his problem really was Freeman or else he'll be going back to College.

What a joke again, Defence once again played ok. Freeman was not the only problem.

Some tough games to come, cant see us winning more than 4 games, lets hope they are two of the games im at :D

Either Glennon leads the team on a great run (cant see it) and schiano keeps his job or else we go 4-12 or so and start afresh and try and draft a QB in 2014 and get a new Coaching staff in.

Where are we going to get the 4 wins from?

Teams have figured out that we can't throw the ball so they just blitz and stop the run.

Its pathetic.

Schiano will be lucky to last the season, unless there is a drastic change in fortunes.

just watching Jets here, I know we are playing bad but how the hell couldn't we beat them...

I reckon we beat Carolina once, Buffalo, St Louis and maybe Miami.

Glennon was very nervous tonight, they have two weeks to work with him so hopefully he can improve a bit,

I'm not sure if Glennon is the answer, but I really like the approach of giving him the first start before the Bye week and working with him during it.

There's an article from a while back claiming the Bucs are not in a rebuilding year. I'm sorry but if you are starting a Rookie QB your offense is rebuilding. Our defense might be Championship calibre, but our offense can't stay on the field with consistency and it is now rebuilding.

Really liked what Tim Wright brought to the game. Really liked how Glennon spread the ball around. He just made a couple of simple errors which was always going to happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000253855/article/josh-freeman-ive-taken-and-passed-46-drug-tests

If someone leaked private medical information, then they should be fired immediately.

The whole organization look rotten.

Off to Florida tomorrow but next two Tampa Games, really fancy our chances against Dolphins, Fingers crossed...

• Advertisement

well what a great two weeks. got to see two wins which is great, got a nice free upgrade for Atlanta game too which was good.

Glennon starting to look good and Rainey had two decent games.

Radio shows all over there are talking about swapping Martin for a 1st round pick if they can and leep James and Rainey. What do you think of this??

Advertisement