Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this weekend will be scary without Auba or Sterling.

but i feel i need to hold the transfer. there's nothing worthwhile i can do without a minus 4, and i don't want to get rid of KDB for one game and lose a ton of value. my team value is diabolical enough.

would you play Soyuncu or Greenwood?

Pope
    TAA Digne Lundstram Guilbert Soyuncu
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

Button Greenwood KDB Hayden

i'll likely downgrade Haller to Wesley next GW to improve my bench with my 2FTs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

SlickRic wrote: »

but i feel i need to hold the transfer. there's nothing worthwhile i can do without a minus 4, and i don't want to get rid of KDB for one game and lose a ton of value. my team value is diabolical enough.

Pope
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

i'll likely downgrade Haller to Wesley next GW to improve my bench with my 2FTs.

Personally I'd play Greenwood. He has more chance of getting a 1 point cameo than Soy getting more than 1 point.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »

Pope
    Cantwell Son Salah
    Aguero Haller

Soy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Only got Aguero in last week but very tempted to drop him for Auba!!

Crazy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Flirted with the idea of KdB to Son. But Poch's comments about the game tomorrow have put me right off.

Now considering F.Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Flirted with the idea of KdB to Son. But Poch's comments about the game tomorrow have put me right off.

Now considering F.Anderson

Spurs fan here....I went for KDB to Son. Madness maybe but spurs have to react.

Could just be a one week punt and could wildcard if necessary

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Spurs fan here....I went for KDB to Son. Madness maybe but spurs have to react.

Could just be a one week punt and could wildcard if necessary

Pochettino hinted at changes this weekend, saying in his pre-match presser that some players who have started two games over the last week are "maybe going to rest for tomorrow". That could put the likes of Son Heung-min, Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele at risk, then, with Lucas potentially in line to deputise for the South Korea international up top.

Should I be concerned?

Pochettino hinted at changes this weekend, saying in his pre-match presser that some players who have started two games over the last week are "maybe going to rest for tomorrow". That could put the likes of Son Heung-min, Harry Winks and Tanguy Ndombele at risk, then, with Lucas potentially in line to deputise for the South Korea international up top.

Should I be concerned?

Now I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Want to get Auba in for this weekend but only way I can do it directly is by going Augero out and Auba in.

Otherwise I would have to make 2 transfers and go Abraham and Salah out for Auba and Son.

Any preference? Probably the first but I'm terrified that Aguero would fill his boots this weekend. Have Sterling already.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Actually debating a free hit in a desperate attempt to boost my terrible start

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

Dont in my opinion. Save it for blank game weeks or doubles when you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dont in my opinion. Save it for blank game weeks or doubles when you need it

Yeah at the moment you're only doing it because there's roumours of rotation. There will be a week where you'll only have 8 players with fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

It’s either
    1. KDB/Hayden to Mahrez/McGinn
    2. Hayden to Saka
    Exact money and no hit needed.
    Rest of the team is:
    Pope
    TAA, Lundstram, Tomori
    Mane, Mount, Cantwell
    Auba, Kun, Abraham.
    Button, Kelly, Soy,

Now I am!

Sorry! But you're a Spurs fan so you know as much as FFS. I'm sure they are just speculating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

eh i dunno wrote: »

Then you'll just lose whatever advantage you gain again now later, when it makes more sense to use for many others. You could boost your ranking this week sure but it's still the same team after.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

dsmythy wrote: »
    Then you'll just lose whatever advantage you gain again now later, when it makes more sense to use for many others. You could boost your ranking this week sure but it's still the same team after.

Decided against it. Wanted Auba but can't get him in. Starting Zinchenko Maitland-Niles Ceballos Cantwell. Have Lundstram Soyuncu dendonker on the bench and I expect a few of that 4 not to start particularly Maitland-Niles and cebellos

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

patmac wrote: »
    It’s either
    1. KDB/Hayden to Mahrez/McGinn
    2. Hayden to Saka
    Exact money and no hit needed.
    Rest of the team is:
    Pope
    TAA, Lundstram, Tomori
    Mane, Mount, Cantwell
    Auba, Kun, Abraham.
    Button, Kelly, Soy,

Had a very similar choice and went with option 2. Saka was probably Arsenal's most dangerous player against United. Got an assist, unlucky not to score at least 1, stayed on longer than Pepe and was rested for the Europa League game so should be nailed for this weekend. Granted he could be straight back out once Laca is back or if this Martinelli kid can replicate his Europa League form but at 4.5 he's definitely the choice for this week and you can re-evaluate after the international break. Plus you retain any value built up in KDB.

KDB to Son is the big mover. Both going to change price tonight as a result. As is Allison interestingly.

dsmythy wrote: »
    KDB to Son is the big mover. Both going to change price tonight as a result. As is Allison interestingly.

My current selling price for KdB is 9.7m
    He will be 9.9 to buy back from tomorrow and quite likely 9.7 again by GW9. That's what's pushing me closer to the same transfer

He will be 9.9 to buy back from tomorrow and quite likely 9.7 again by GW9. That's what's pushing me closer to the same transfer

Will the selling continue post deadline though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

KDB will not be 9.7 by GW9. Minimal transfers will be made over the break and his flag will be removed after it. He will most likely be getting transfers in. Can see a lot of people who dropped him this week going straight back to him, particularly if Mahrez doesn't start.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

He will be 9.9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Saka likely to play?

km79 wrote: »
    He will be 9.9

I don't think you can guarantee that. He will be 9.9 tomorrow and trending downwards. It may be touch and go for another drop but you can't be so certain that he will be 9.9 in 14 days time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Is Saka likely to play?
    Almost banked. Rested in midweek and Emery has great things to say about him. Passes the eye test too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Spent the whole week in a smug state of transfer banking but as the deadline nears I’m veering towards Aguero out for Auba.

With KDB out it leaves me with no City attacking cover but I’m sick of the rotation at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Spent the whole week in a smug state of transfer banking but as the deadline nears I’m veering towards Aguero out for Auba.

With KDB out it leaves me with no City attacking cover but I’m sick of the rotation at this stage...

You just have to accept the city rotation. Pick the players you want and move on is the way I look at it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Tracker9

Need a forward for a one week punt. Who's the best option under 6.4?

Looking at Wood or King

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I brought Tomori in yeaterdai for Cahill, hope he can do well tomorri.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I brought Tomori in yeaterdai for Cahill, hope he can do well tomorri.

That joke was there to be made and you stepped up. *Congratulatory high five*

Advertisement