Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Anyone think there's any chance they'll release UPC settings for the TV app so that we can use the TV guide feature?

I thought you could teach it the signals? Could anyone confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I thought you could teach it the signals? Could anyone confirm?

It works with the box, but the channels for the tv guide are the sky channels. So if you pick a programme to watch it changes to the wrong channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Androidlovers

HTC one is the best phone in the market.It is one of my favorite phone and definitely its my second smart phone.The camera of this phone is much more superior than any other phone in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

HTC one is the best phone in the market.It is one of my favorite phone and definitely its my second smart phone.The camera of this phone is much more superior than any other phone in the market.

Did your account get hacked? You sound like a Chinese spam bot. :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

2 days in and the first issue! Quite a bad one too! Phone was turned off and left charging over night. LED was blinking away as it charged. This morning I unplug it and go to turn it on. Nothing. Dead completely. Left it for a minute and tried again. Nothing. Plugged it back in thinking maybe it didn't charge. No LED came up. Left it for a few minutes. Nothing. The phone was dead and unresponsive. Tried forcing it into the bootloader and finally it sprung to life. Had to do a reboot from within the bootloader to get it turned on. Will update if it happens again.

It's all stock no custom. ROMS installed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 limp2010

Got it Friday and I absolutely LOVE IT. Have been with iPhone since it came out and had iPhone 5 but this leaves it for dead. When I put this In my hand I will never go back to it. First time using Android so taking me awhile to get used to it but I'm typing this on a SwiftKey keyboard and it is brilliant. Only issue I've had is streaming music through bluetooth in my car, the sound skipped ever so slightly a few times so I googled it and people said restart the phone which I did and now it plays perfect.
    For anyone wondering whether to but this or wait for Samsung s4 I would say definitely this. My gf has s3 and she wants the htc one so bad now. Camera is outstanding in low light situations . In normal conditions it is less quality than the iPhone 5 but that can only be seen if you zoom into the picture on a laptop. The screen is unreal. The nicest screen you will ever see. Blinkfeed is a bit of a gimmick and a battery drainer so hopefully I will find a way to get rid of it. Battery is only average especially if you are heavy user like myself. Had it go dead at 5 o clock but I carry car charger everywhere anyway so not a deal breaker to me. Speakers on the phone are so loud you will not believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Don't think I'm explaining myself very well. The phone can change the channels on the box, it has the correct coding for it. However it only has the guide for Sky so it's program suggestions are for the incorrect channel numbers

Could you not just download the UPC app and use both together?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Ok how can I bring up recent apps to kill them ? Have few running in background and I can't seem to close them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Ok how can I bring up recent apps to kill them ? Have few running in background and I can't seem to close them.
    Double tap home key(button the right).
    Holding the home key brings up google now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭MrsMcSteamy

Scrap that, a double tap on the bottom right button brings it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The camera of this phone is much more superior than any other phone in the market.
    It's actually quite a disappointment if the sample images are anything to go by. For photos, having a 4 megapixel sensor is a serious disadvantage relative to its competitors. Sharpness isn't everything but considering they used a shorter focal length than most other phones (For a wider field of view) which spells for shots with less "zoom" so to speak, it's a big problem.

That said, the optical image stabilisation looks as if it does a great job for video taking. In fact, i'd say the HTC One's camera is probably one of the best available at the moment for taking video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Mods, can we please get all the HTC One discussion onto one thread? Jumping between the two is wrecking my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Mods, can we please get all the HTC One discussion onto one thread? Jumping between the two is wrecking my head.

Merged

Have moved from my Desire HD to this phone and the main thing that has blown me away is the sound - it's crystal clear when making a call. I might use my phone for ringing people more often now;)

Now, the next item on the agenda - a cover, so I can actually leave the house. Has anyone got the official HTC cover?

I've now started to find the speakers annoying. They're either loud or mega loud. There's no quick option to turn the beats off (that I can see). So if you just want a low volume for one video then tough! I normally watch one or two in bed on facebook while the missus is asleep. Not any more!

Have moved from my Desire HD to this phone and the main thing that has blown me away is the sound - it's crystal clear when making a call. I might use my phone for ringing people more often now;)

Now, the next item on the agenda - a cover, so I can actually leave the house. Has anyone got the official HTC cover?

I just ordered a cheap one on eBay. Was thinking of getting the official double dip case until I saw a review that said they wouldn't recommend regularly taking it on and off. I would only want to use the case occasionally.

Have also heard the official flip case has poor protection on one of the sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

antodeco wrote: »
    There's no quick option to turn the beats off (that I can see).
    Settings/Beats Audio/on-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Boy Genius Report have released their review of the one:
    The HTC One is the best Android smartphone in the world — period.

This is from a site that has a massive Apple bias...

http://bgr.com/2013/04/01/htc-one-review-401858/?utm_source=featuredposts-widget-main&utm_medium=home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The Boy Genius Report have released their review of the one:

This is from a site that has a massive Apple bias...

http://bgr.com/2013/04/01/htc-one-review-401858/?utm_source=featuredposts-widget-main&utm_medium=home

I think that settles it. I'm getting a One instead of a Z.

Right.

I think.

• Advertisement

kesey wrote: »
    Settings/Beats Audio/on-off

That's not a quick option! :) I can turn wifi, etc on/off from within the status bar. If I could do with the beats Is be happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

That's not a quick option! :) I can turn wifi, etc on/off from within the status bar. If I could do with the beats Is be happy!

just set up a shortcut to that setting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Why would you want to turn beats back on?

Bluefoam wrote: »
    just set up a shortcut to that setting...

You cant, thats the issue. You can only setup a shortcut to settings, not a specific turn on/off of beats.

This is someway true. I have a a tendency to work in noisy environments, so Im assuming that the ringtone uses beats? If not, well then I can just turn it off! Can anyone confirm? (Id try it now, but Im in an office all day!)

EDIT: Stuck it in a drawer and rang it, then turned off the beats and rang it. Still sounded the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Have you heard the difference in sound from the speakers when beats is turned on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭jones

Got the HTC one on friday and absolutely love it!! premium design and materials. I came from a Samsung S2 upgraded to JB. the only thing i miss is the almost pointless notification bar. All i can access is the settings menu from it...is there any way to stick wifi gps etc on/off buttons in there?

Apart from that i love it though very fast and smooth.

jones wrote: »
    Got the HTC one on friday and absolutely love it!! premium design and materials. I came from a Samsung S2 upgraded to JB. the only thing i miss is the almost pointless notification bar. All i can access is the settings menu from it...is there any way to stick wifi gps etc on/off buttons in there?

Apart from that i love it though very fast and smooth.

Currently using power toggles

4yI7GFB.png

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Basil3 wrote: »
    Thanks I've been looking for something like this! Works great so far! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Nolimits wrote: »
    Anyword on when the black one will be available from carriers?

every store I went to said europe (or UK and Ireland at least) are not getting the black phone. the silver/white is actually quite nice in person

• Advertisement

4yI7GFB.png

The power toggles is exactly what i was looking for cheers!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

every store I went to said europe (or UK and Ireland at least) are not getting the black phone. the silver/white is actually quite nice in person

every shop I've been in over here in the last few days has had the black one on display. I'd be surprised if they didn't stock it

4yI7GFB.png

Just curious, Is this any different from the built in widgets that are available or does this app add the options directly to the notification panel?

Adds them directly to the notifications panel. Plus you can amend what you want each of them to do (eg: You cant set the brightness to go to specific brightness levels)

talla wrote: »
    Just curious, Is this any different from the built in widgets that are available or does this app add the options directly to the notification panel?

Yeah, as antodeco says, they're quite customisable. Can be in your notification panel or set up as a widget on one if your screens. I think you're limited to 8, but can have two rows if you want more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

Anyone have any problem getting weather widget to display weather and location?

• Advertisement

I just ordered a cheap one on eBay. Was thinking of getting the official double dip case until I saw a review that said they wouldn't recommend regularly taking it on and off. I would only want to use the case occasionally.

Link please - it's a pita doing a search, because you end up with One S, One X etc

I have two mini-destructors here, so a case is a must!

No mine seems to be working perfectly since i got it

Link please - it's a pita doing a search, because you end up with One S, One X etc

I have two mini-destructors here, so a case is a must!

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=380602499175

Just make sure you search for HTC One M7

Edit: might need this url

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/NEW-SMOKE-BLACK-HYDRO-GEL-CASE-COVER-PROTECTOR-SKIN-HTC-ONE-M7-2013-/380602499175

Yeah, as antodeco says, they're quite customisable. Can be in your notification panel or set up as a widget on one if your screens. I think you're limited to 8, but can have two rows if you want more.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.painless.pc
    Cheers, exactly what I was looking for - it was the only thing I liked about touchwiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Jesus Christ

Got my car dock today from Amazon. Lovely of them to ship it in advance, so, uh, I can... look at it...?

• Advertisement

Great, thank you. It's the type of case that I had for my DHD, so should do the trick!

calabi yau wrote: »
    Anyone have any problem getting weather widget to display weather and location?

I did. Restarted the phone and been fine since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Cheers, that did the trick !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this phone payg or sim free either online or in shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

Yep worked a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cosle

You all guys all have the 32gb model? Any word on the 64gb model being available? Really like the design of the htc one but no external storage is a bit of a killer.

I dont think the 64 is available yet at least not in ireland!! i thought the same having come from samsung and their sd card slot but TBH 32gig is plenty i dont use my phone as my mp3 player so the chances of me going over 32gig are pretty slim

Cosle wrote: »
    You all guys all have the 32gb model? Any word on the 64gb model being available? Really like the design of the htc one but no external storage is a bit of a killer.

I reckon it will be a while before we see it. Personally, I use a combination of Dropbox for photos, Google play music for music, and USB OTG if I'm going on a long trip and want to marathon through a tv series of something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

heres a link for the black version phones4u cheapest i could find it sim free,get it delivered through parcel motel.

I had the 16gb version of the iPhone and was terrified id fill it up. I did, but after deleting photos that I had already uploaded (and 1.5Gb of videos) all was well.

As Basil3 says, you can use dropbox. You get 25GB free with the One. I installed it on the mac, and its been working a treat. I had to side load some apk's, that I downloaded on the mac, transfered to dropbox and then just accessed the dropbox app on the phone. Installed straight off. I can begin to see the benefit of "cloud" storage.

• Advertisement
Advertisement