Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else starting to become a bit excited?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

cnocbui wrote: »
    Yes, under Irish law.

My personal take on it is that you are only bound to obey the laws of the country you are physically present in. So while Irish law is you owe CGT for 3 years, it only applies and is relevant if you are physically in Ireland. If you are living in Singapore, it's the laws of Singapore you are obliged to follow and should follow.

Ireland can pass any law it likes, why not make it you owe CGT for life? But jurisdiction ends at the border, and that's what matters.

Of course none of this applies to the US, whose laws apply to everyone on the planet at all times.

How long does it take Revenue to claim CGT once they have been notified by the Bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,110 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How long does it take Revenue to claim CGT once they have been notified by the Bank?

I have no idea. If I were to guess, I'd say months if not a year, because all they see is an amount deposited, only you know how much you originally paid for the asset and so whether or not a CGT has been made. For all Revenue know, that deposit could actually represent a large CGT loss.

If you are asking could you get away with doing a runner, I'd say yes. :D

(big green candle)

Ha ha.

I have no idea. If I were to guess, I'd say months if not a year, because all they see is an amount deposited, only you know how much you originally paid for the asset and so whether or not a CGT has been made. For all Revenue know, that deposit could actually represent a large CGT loss.

If you are asking could you get away with doing a runner, I'd say yes. :D

Won't be doing a runner but I'm sorry I ever came back.

How do they judge the CGT if your gain is a result of DCA over a period of time with trading occuring throughout that time and no previous withdrawals made?

Won't be doing a runner but I'm sorry I ever came back.

How do they judge the CGT if your gain is a result of DCA over a period of time with trading occuring throughout that time and no previous withdrawals made?

I don't know the precise mechanics, but this is Revenue we are talking about, so they don't care whether you made a withdrawal, if a trade resulted in a profit vs the earliest acquisition of the asset then they expect you to declare a CGT even and cough up. Other countries allow trading accounts with taxation assessable only on withdrawls from the account, but Ireland doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Ha ha.

Ah if we are going lose now, I have to post that one :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the revenue will be all over anything with a hint of profit now to take whatever they can get since the coffers are down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The amount of financial data available to revenue is staggering.
    From card sales alone they collate the volume and value of transaction posted in the country.
    Revenue collate the sales data from every single pos terminal in the state via the providers.
    On bank transfers, banks are obliged to report any deposit over 10k or that may be suspicious.

The thing is there is a huge amount of data available to Revenue on banks, deposits and spending profiling that allows them to build very rapid and very detailed financial and asset profiles on the average Joe soap who's not washing from company a to bank1 to company b to bank 2.

None of their info or access is ever an issue unless and until you are pulled for an audit.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

banie01 wrote: »
    From card sales alone they collate the volume and value of transaction posted in the country.
    Revenue collate the sales data from every single pos terminal in the state via the providers.
    On bank transfers, banks are obliged to report any deposit over 10k or that may be suspicious.

The thing is there is a huge amount of data available to Revenue on banks, deposits and spending profiling that allows them to build very rapid and very detailed financial and asset profiles on the average Joe soap who's not washing from company a to bank1 to company b to bank 2.

None of their info or access is ever an issue unless and until you are pulled for an audit.

"And that's why, Timmy, cash is King"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

All we can say is its riskier not being in crypto right now.

2021 could be some year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Bitcoin pumping today surprised Coinbase hasn’t crashed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Looks like uswap is completely gone now anyways.
    Website down, telegram gone, twitter gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,190 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Irish_rat wrote: »
    All we can say is its riskier not being in crypto right now.

2021 could be some year

Or it could all drop 90% like in 2018, always keep perspective :)

That said, I would be surprised if there's not some sort of bull between now and end of '21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

tcawley29 wrote: »
    Looks like uswap is completely gone now anyways.
    Website down, telegram gone, twitter gone

Wasn't predictable at all :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Wasn't predictable at all :pac:

I was being optimistic :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 186 ✭✭Kickstart1.3

I wonder are we seeing Tether pumping the market,
    if you look at the market cap of Tether it has risen 4X in the last few months. Looking at the chart it is almost straight up since September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Shamo

I wonder are we seeing Tether pumping the market,
    if you look at the market cap of Tether it has risen 4X in the last few months. Looking at the chart it is almost straight up since September.

Take a look at USDC (the highly regulated audited one), it's the same in terms of market cap rise since a few months ago. Just more money coming in it looks like.

Following on from news earlier in the week PayPal are in talks to buy BitGo.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-22/paypal-said-to-be-in-talks-to-buy-crypto-firms-including-bitgo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Momentous day I’m sure you all agree.

BD9-B0-C56-4-ADC-44-B0-A2-F8-4-D7-FB23-AEF6-E.jpg

To this day, I do not understand why Craig Wright would ever set foot on US soil, given the Kleiman estate wanting his monies. Weird and inexplicable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

banie01 wrote: »

All of this is true in an ideal (for Revenue) world, but my mate in Revenue says there's such a large amount of grandfathered-in retards working there that it's a bit like throwing darts blindfolded for the good (read: younger) workers. In a team of six, one might be competent & carrying the rest for 80-90% of tasks and that's the norm. Classic public servant bureaucratic shenanigans, impossible to fire wasters.

Aside from that, pay your tax if you owe it anyway. Why would anybody want the hint of a worry haunting their dreams? If selling and moving elsewhere, all good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

KIN has had a lovely comeback this last week since the conclusion of the SEC investigation and resulting slap on the wrist. Up over 400% in a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭el diablo

i'm becoming very excited knowing CRO is gonna pump through the roof, and my buy for the card and their free 42 eur is a steal, btc also hopefully goes to mars and never looks back.

anyone else jumped on CRO while it's cheap? well

Nah, I staked MCO to receive one of their cards and it has since converted to CRO and I'm down roughly 50%. Their cards would be very tempting at current rates but I sure as hell ain't buying any more CRO.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Ryzken

Is XRP worth buying?

el diablo wrote: »
    Nah, I staked MCO to receive one of their cards and it has since converted to CRO and I'm down roughly 50%. Their cards would be very tempting at current rates but I sure as hell ain't buying any more CRO.

Yep agree. Get the CROs you need to get the card you want, but the time to play it as a speculation has largely passed. Their influence on the price is strong and they have made it pretty clear they don’t mind crashing it if they need to.

Axion (Hex2T) has passed the Certik audit with no issues found. Full report is to be released on Wednesday I believe, along with the countdown to mainnet launch (launch scheduled for this weekend).

The new website is now live www.axion.network and the price is hovering around ATH @ .0003c. This baby is poised to explode.

Ryzken wrote: »
    Is XRP worth buying?

If you fancy years of stress and no increase in price, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Axion (Hex2T) has passed the Certik audit with no issues found. Full report is to be released on Wednesday I believe, along with the countdown to mainnet launch (launch scheduled for this weekend).

The new website is now live www.axion.network and the price is hovering around ATH @ .0003c. This baby is poised to explode.

500 Billion
    Initial
    Total Supply

Initial supply! that alone is a big no no for me. I do't fancy your chances on this

The codebase doesn't have much content, huge way to go for this project, it is literally just starting, of course it is an ico but still, other than the website, i see nothing much to get excited about man

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is Richard Heart involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Bob24 wrote: »
    Yep agree. Get the CROs you need to get the card you want, but the time to play it as a speculation has largely passed. Their influence on the price is strong and they have made it pretty clear they don’t mind crashing it if they need to.

I think CRO crashed because they dropped the 3month earn from 16% pa to 6%. My fear would be the price of CRO will crash more as people's 3month stakes come back into cash and they just flog them on.

Is Richard Heart involved?

He has no involvement. It's an upgrade to the original Hex code with better economics and a much better owner/dev team.

500 Billion
    Initial
    Total Supply

Initial supply! that alone is a big no no for me. I do't fancy your chances on this

The codebase doesn't have much content, huge way to go for this project, it is literally just starting, of course it is an ico but still, other than the website, i see nothing much to get excited about man

It is more than "just starting" It has had 3 code and two economic audits by Hacken and Cirtek, It's launching this weekend, there is WAY more to be excited about than just a website.

Check out the white paper at the top of the hompage for a much clearer understanding re supply, purpose and potential www.axion.network

I'm not here to twist anyone's arm to buy, just a heads up on progress as I've been lucky enough to get in on some recommendations made by other posters here. It's up over 200% since my first post back in August and I've been consistently adding to my holdings.

It is more than "just starting" It has had 3 code and two economic audits by Hacken and Cirtek, It's launching this weekend, there is WAY more to be excited about than just a website.

Check out the white paper at the top of the hompage for a much clearer understanding re supply, purpose and potential www.axion.network

I'm not here to twist anyone's arm to buy, just a heads up on progress as I've been lucky enough to get in on some recommendations made by other posters here. It's up over 200% since my first post back in August and I've been consistently adding to my holdings.

Pick any project, someone is hyping it. That's because they bought in, and want others to buy in also, to increase the value of their holdings. These things live and die on "hype" because there usually isn't much else behind ;)

As long as it's "attractive" to other hopium buyers and ticks all the right boxes then it's probably as good a buy as anything else that does all the same crypto things. Hex2T, as cryptos go, is another decent-ish crypto moon shot that could take off well or not. Depends a lot on the devs not abandoning/scam-cashing-out and other completely random factors which is so often the case with the smaller alts.

I had a friend finally stop hyping a project a year ago when it finally hit around -98% from ATH. It's a powerful drug :)

• Advertisement

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Pick any project, someone is hyping it. That's because they bought in, and want others to buy in also, to increase the value of their holdings. These things live and die on "hype" because there usually isn't much else behind ;)

As long as it's "attractive" to other hopium buyers and ticks all the right boxes then it's probably as good a buy as anything else that does all the same crypto things. Hex2T, as cryptos go, is another decent-ish crypto moon shot that could take off well or not. Depends a lot on the devs not abandoning/scam-cashing-out and other completely random factors which is so often the case with the smaller alts.

I had a friend finally stop hyping a project a year ago when it finally hit around -98% from ATH. It's a powerful drug :)

You are spot on, but there is baseless hype and hype with substance, I personally believe Axion is there later.

You throw around the word "hopium" like it is an insult. What is life without hope? Some people hope today will be better than tomorrow, the next job will be better than the last job, iPhone 12 is better than it's predecessors, Amazon shares increase in price, to find their biological parents, Man Utd win the league this decade, to marry a supermodel, to win the lotto. Some of that hope is pipedreams and some is based on reason, knowledge and the outcome controllable to a certain level.

giphy.gif

Timmaay wrote: »
    I think CRO crashed because they dropped the 3month earn from 16% pa to 6%. My fear would be the price of CRO will crash more as people's 3month stakes come back into cash and they just flog them on.

Also US users all received CROs locked for 3 months as part fo the MCO->CRO swap programme, and those are about to be unlocked at the same time. I'd say that is a big enough batch of sales coming along. And then European and Asian users have the same thing be their CROs got locked for 6 months instead, so that is yet another batch of sellers in a few months.

1 hr, 24 hr, 7 day and 30 day all green for the top 10 and most of the top 100 (excluding Tether of course). Looking good.

giphy.gif

The one month chart for BTC is beautiful.

We are teetering on a potentially huge breakout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ryzken wrote: »
    Is XRP worth buying?

cost average in and put it away

there's a flare spark token airdrop on the 12th Dec and you will get minimum 1:1 Spark for each XRP
    there is no value associated with the spark token as of yet

It could drive XRP demand up a bit coming towards the date who knows

I've got myself a bag and dont stress too much on them as they are one of the only crypto companies pushing for regulation and I think they are worth a gamble long term (5yrs)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

The one month chart for BTC is beautiful.

We are teetering on a potentially huge breakout.
    It's around this price that there was a big sell off the last time isin't it?

FFVII wrote: »

This time last year it hit around the current price and dropped off.

I believe last year it was rejected around 12000 USD. Now we are around 13700, so quite a bit further.

Also it was the end of a sharp 3 months short term bull run starting below 4000 USD, whereas currently we seem to be in a more long term uptrend.

Not saying the above means there can’t be a big sell-off. But IMO the technical setup is completely different.

The last time, taking you literally, it was just above $12,035, so no, we are past that this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

This time last year it hit around the current price and dropped off.

Yea it hit 14k then Coinbase pro crashed and it dropped by 1k in 5 minutes.

This time looks different especially since it’s after the halving and company’s such as square,PayPal getting involved.

It will definitely get some discussions started in boardrooms.

Now, I have to say I also think it makes Microstrategy a bit confusing as an investment. I.e. are you buying a BI software provider, or a cryptocurrency hedge fund? (and to be a bit provocative: if crypto earnings keep largely outperforming the company’s main business in the next few years, from a shareholder’s perspective isn’t the best use of the company’s capital to shut down the main business and fully turn it into a hedge fund?)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement