Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI SUPER 6 - Now starts Thursdays UPDATED

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

My local Dunnes has
    Apples 7 85c
    Bananas 7 85c
    Pears 750g 85c
    Easy Peelers 500g 85c
    Kiwi 6 75c
    Onions 1kg 35c
    Swede 1 45c
    Carrots 1kg 65c
    Queens Potatoes 7.5kg €3.95

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

aldi seem to have been caught behind this week alright with loads of offers from Dunnes copying or even beating their prices. Wonder how long Dunnes can actuallly afford to keep it up if it hits their bottom line.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

snubbleste wrote: »
    My local Dunnes has
    Apples 7 85c
    Bananas 7 85c
    Pears 750g 85c
    Easy Peelers 500g 85c
    Kiwi 6 75c
    Onions 1kg 35c
    Swede 1 45c
    Carrots 1kg 65c
    Queens Potatoes 7.5kg €3.95

that's a great list !! i would nearly take ever thing off that list.

Looks like Aldi are reading my posts.
    The Super 6 now 79c 75c 69c except carrot/parsnip is 29c
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/super-6/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I'd say they are ye !:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Nothing i like more than watching supermarket price wars:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Lidl seem to be upping their game fruit wise over the past few weeks too. lovely raspberries were one euro, green and black grapes are one eur as are clementines. All great quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

This week's Super 6, all 39c:

Cherry tomatoes, 250g
    Cucumber, each
    Iceberg lettuce, each
    Celery, each
    Salad potatoes, 1kg
    Scallions, bunch

I'm a bit disappointed really. Salad weather is definitely over. I was really hoping for some nice wintery veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,775 ✭✭✭✭unkel

cosmic wrote: »
    I'm a bit disappointed really. Salad weather is definitely over. I was really hoping for some nice wintery veg.

LOL, be careful what you wish for. Sun is shining here in Dublin and about 20C

Still very much summer in my book :cool:

Pretty dreadful super 6 but they tend to have a poorish one after a having a super six with great choice the previous week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

Cosmic, I just got a Tesco leaflet in my door and if you want wintery veg they have a sweetheart cabbage, carrot & parsnip tray and green beans for 29c this week.

The other things are 3 Lemons, Cherry Tomatoes and Mixed Chillies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

MB05 wrote: »
    Cosmic, I just got a Tesco leaflet in my door and if you want wintery veg they have a sweetheart cabbage, carrot & parsnip tray and green beans for 29c this week.

Chillies freeze very well so are great to get in special. Just bang them in the freezer and run them under the hot tap when you want to use them.

I was also thinking of making chilli jam for Christmas presents so might stock up.

MB05 wrote: »

Ah thanks :) I was actually in there this morning and picked up some cabbage, green beans and chillis! I also got a bag of onions for 35c, a turbip for 45c and a big bunch of broccoli for 45c in Dunnes. It was in the little Dunnes in the Ashleaf, Dublin, but I reckon they'll all have the same deal.

cosmic wrote: »
    This week's Super 6, all 39c:

Cherry tomatoes, 250g
    Cucumber, each
    Iceberg lettuce, each
    Celery, each
    Salad potatoes, 1kg
    Scallions, bunch

Same again this week :rolleyes:

I'm still holding out hope for courgettes and ramiro peppers to pop up in the Super 6 again soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

ALDI!
    Super six from today from today.
    Cabbage were 99 cent now 59 cent save 40 cent.
    Leeks 500 grams were €1.59 now 59 cent save €1.00.
    Red Globe Grapes 500 grams were €1.69 now 59 cent save €1.10.
    Broccoli 500 grams were €1.29 now 59 cent save 70 cent.
    Courgette 2 pack were €1.39 now 59 cent save 80 cent.
    Grapefruit 4 pack were €1.09 now 59 cent save 50 cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Anybody know if the grapes are seedless? Too much hassle taking the seeds out for the kids.

Anybody know if the grapes are seedless? Too much hassle taking the seeds out for the kids.

Red Globe usually aren't. If I'm right they are a quite a large grape but not seedless.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don't eat grapes so I cut one in half and they have seeds in them and they are large!

Even though they aren't seedless they are superb in flavour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

just got a punnet here from local aldi.
    red grapes are seeded.
    but really big, tasty and sweet.
    bargain.

ALDI!
    Super six from today from today.
    Cabbage were 99 cent now 59 cent save 40 cent.
    Leeks 500 grams were €1.59 now 59 cent save €1.00.
    Red Globe Grapes 500 grams were €1.69 now 59 cent save €1.10.
    Broccoli 500 grams were €1.29 now 59 cent save 70 cent.
    Courgette 2 pack were €1.39 now 59 cent save 80 cent.
    Grapefruit 4 pack were €1.09 now 59 cent save 50 cent.

Woooo! Finally! Great to see cabbage, broccoli and leeks in there too. Going to get some good curries and soups going this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Great selection this week! So long salad vegetables!

Tesco have a super seven at 39c
    Leek
    Limes 3
    Scallions
    Radishes 240g
    Carrots 500g
    Red Grapes 250g
    Rooster potatoes 1kg

Are the grapes in Aldi a big let down for anybody else. Half of them are mouldy when you open the packet, and as soon as you open the packet the rest turn mouldy in a day

Are the grapes in Aldi a big let down for anybody else. Half of them are mouldy when you open the packet, and as soon as you open the packet the rest turn mouldy in a day

No, they have clear packaging and I always look underneath :confused:

I think they are great in taste. So what if they have seeds, when I was growing there was no such thing as seedless grapes:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco have a super seven at 39c
    Leek
    Limes 3
    Scallions
    Radishes 240g
    Carrots 500g
    Red Grapes 250g
    Rooster potatoes 1kg

grapes are just too good......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Her indoors bought a few bits in the new local Aldi last week. Among the stuff was iceberg lettuce and a large head of broccoli.

The salad turned brown in a day after slicing and storing and the broccoli looked like a bridal bouquet with the amount of flowers growing out of it, shortly after purchase. Never happened with her usual dunnes stuff. Same fridge same temp. Weird:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dodzy wrote: »
    Her indoors bought a few bits in the new local Aldi last week. Among the stuff was iceberg lettuce and a large head of broccoli.

The salad turned brown in a day after slicing and storing and the broccoli looked like a bridal bouquet with the amount of flowers growing out of it, shortly after purchase. Never happened with her usual dunnes stuff. Same fridge same temp. Weird:confused:

These comments happen all the time in this thread, you'd swear loads of people from Dunnes are monitoring this thread to complain about Aldi and praise Dunnes for some childish reasons.

Aldi's fruit and veg are very good.

Go and make a Dunnes thread if you love it so much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

dodzy wrote: »

I have shopped in aldi for years and think their fruit and veg are as fresh as you will get anywhere! they certainly don't go off as quickly as you describe unless they have been left in the sun on the back seat of the car for a few hours in the free Aldi carpark while "her indoors" goes around the town window shopping for the afternoon.

Advertisement