Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 7 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Can anyone compare battery life between 6t and 7t?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

Went from the 3 to the 7t
    Only reason for the change was wanted more than 64gb of memory it was full.
    Speedwise seems the same
    Screen is a smidge bigger
    The sound of this on loudspeaker is deafening no need to have it on max volume so there's some hardware there.
    The camera is improved most noticeably with dark pictures it adds colour.
    Same snapping delay though as 3 the camera isn't good enough to take pictures of your dog on the fly without motion blur.
    Can go nearly a day and a half on a charge.
    Chrome browser regularly freezes for 10 seconds before responding when scrolling at random.
    Not sure if oneplus bug Chrome browser bug or android 10 bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

babi-hrse wrote: »
    Went from the 3 to the 7t
    Only reason for the change was wanted more than 64gb of memory it was full.
    Speedwise seems the same
    Screen is a smidge bigger
    The sound of this on loudspeaker is deafening no need to have it on max volume so there's some hardware there.
    The camera is improved most noticeably with dark pictures it adds colour.
    Same snapping delay though as 3 the camera isn't good enough to take pictures of your dog on the fly without motion blur.
    Can go nearly a day and a half on a charge.
    Chrome browser regularly freezes for 10 seconds before responding when scrolling at random.
    Not sure if oneplus bug Chrome browser bug or android 10 bug.

I think it's Android 10 bug personally. I never had any issues with chrome on OP6 until Android 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I have a well looked after OP6 but I'm sorely tempted at the €499 price for the 7T, anyone made the same move and recommend against it?

I have a well looked after OP6 but I'm sorely tempted at the €499 price for the 7T, anyone made the same move and recommend against it?

I've made the move. Awaiting delivery of the 7T either today or tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on and whether or not I would recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I've made the move. Awaiting delivery of the 7T either today or tomorrow. Will let you know how I get on and whether or not I would recommend.

Thanks! I have a couple of Dash chargers too, not really keen on buying a whole slew of new ones for Warp, are they necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Thanks! I have a couple of Dash chargers too, not really keen on buying a whole slew of new ones for Warp, are they necessary?

Not at all! Dash charging is decent as it is. Just use your new Warp charger that comes with your phone as your primary charger where it gets most use - and use your older Dash chargers at work/in other rooms round your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got a 7T, first Oneplus device since the X, had various Xiaomi phones in between
    Main reason for buying is the flat screen design I'm not a fan of curved screens

No complaints so far, buttery smooth (90hz makes such a difference),superb screen, super quick charging,probably the best O/S there is and camera is decent for my needs.. even better with GCam

NATLOR wrote: »
    No complaints so far, buttery smooth (90hz makes such a difference),superb screen, super quick charging,probably the best O/S there is and camera is decent for my needs.. even better with GCam

Received my 7T yesterday, moving from a OP6. Would agree with most of above. Can definitely see the improvements in the picture and video quality. Haven't tried the camera in low light yet though.

One question... I'm noticing that the videos I send in WhatsApp don't look great when played in WhatsApp. I'd this an issue with how WhatsApp compresses media for sending?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Received my 7T yesterday, moving from a OP6. Would agree with most of above. Can definitely see the improvements in the picture and video quality. Haven't tried the camera in low light yet though.

One question... I'm noticing that the videos I send in WhatsApp don't look great when played in WhatsApp. I'd this an issue with how WhatsApp compresses media for sending?

Yeah that's WhatsApp, not the phone. Videos on your phone in crispy 4K will be absolutely huge, gigabytes like. If you look at the file size of videos in WhatsApp there never more then a max of 40/50 mb I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah that's WhatsApp, not the phone. Videos on your phone in crispy 4K will be absolutely huge, gigabytes like. If you look at the file size of videos in WhatsApp there never more then a max of 40/50 mb I think.

Cheers. That's kind of what I thought. And now that you mention it, the 12 second video I recorded on the phone is 29mb whereas in WhatsApp it's only 2.9mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Anyone know how to disable notification content on the lock screen and just have the app icon?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

Back up to €543 today on Amazon.de

Has anyone any experience of justclik.co.uk
    £443 on this site at the moment, so seems like a good option

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

It is down to 540 on Three's website. Can anyone confirm if it is locked to the Three network? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pinkman wrote: »
    It is down to 540 on Three's website. Can anyone confirm if it is locked to the Three network? Thanks.

€539 direct from OnePlus.

adox wrote: »
    €539 direct from OnePlus.

Not available on Ireland website. Best chance is UK and parcel motel or Parcel Wizard or AddressPal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

I'm on the OP6 at the moment, was thinking of going for the 8 pro but can't justify the cost. The 7T is great price wise but 128GB storage is a bit tight. Think I might still go for it and try to reduce my storage needs. 539 is a good deal and I can trade in my 6 so brings it down even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

mossie wrote: »
    The 7T is great price wise but 128GB storage is a bit tight

What a time to be alive eh?? ;)

Went to try order from Amazon.de - out of stock, OnePlus One & UK both out of stock. Amazon UK topping €600 ��
    Found a company in Germany, a bit apprehensive about ordering from them, paid with PayPal for security, €558 delivered

• Advertisement

IJS84 wrote: »
    Went to try order from Amazon.de - out of stock, OnePlus One & UK both out of stock. Amazon UK topping €600 ��
    Found a company in Germany, a bit apprehensive about ordering from them, paid with PayPal for security, €558 delivered

I ordered from eglobalcentral.eu €484 delivered. But apprehensive also but I've heard good things and I just got an email that is about to ship.

Had looked at that, got caught out by customs before so very sceptical on additional charges now. I understood shipping is from Hong Kong

IJS84 wrote: »
    Had looked at that, got caught out by customs before so very sceptical on additional charges now. I understood shipping is from Hong Kong

Yeah. I know of people who got stuff in without any problem and some who got caught so I thought it was worth taking the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

mossie wrote: »
    Yeah. I know of people who got stuff in without any problem and some who got caught so I thought it was worth taking the chance.

I got caught once so it's worth a chance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

mossie wrote:
    I ordered from eglobalcentral.eu €484 delivered. But apprehensive also but I've heard good things and I just got an email that is about to ship.

IJS84 wrote:

mossie wrote:

The eglobal price includes taxes/customs, so no extra costs. Dealing with their customer service is another story, it's non existent. Expect 6 weeks for delivery with the current circumstances.

tedpan wrote: »
    The eglobal price includes taxes/customs, so no extra costs. Dealing with their customer service is another story, it's non existent. Expect 6 weeks for delivery with the current circumstances.

Yeah. It's on packing and delivering soon since I ordered with no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Hey,

Quick question.
    Can anybody tell me if warp charging works with an older (3t) plug?

As in, if I bought a 7t from Germany with a two prong plug, can I just use my 3 prong plug from the 3t or is it warp charging specific?

Messing around with travel adaptors doesn't really appeal.

Thanks.

Just updating my experience with eglobal. Item was on "packing and delivering soon" for a week before changing to despatched. Now status is updating daily and now shows "at courier sorting facility". Have a tracking number but doesn't work with any courier for tracking so have no idea where it actually is.

Arrived today, just under 3 weeks from ordering, no customs / VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I have a strange issue in chrome on the 7t where I could be typing on somewhere like here, then it would stop displaying what I'm typing. The keyboard still works as I can see the autocomplete options and if I click the button to display open apps then go back into Chrome, it's back to normal and I can see everything I had typed.
    This just unique to me?

Advertisement